Thank you for those people who supported my statements

Old June 27th 03, 04:31 AM
CME

Default Thank you for those people who supported my statements

"Cele" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 06:36:50 GMT, "ŠkatŠ"
wrote:

"Ring4SaleandMore" wrote in message
And to those who don't have a clue, or were abusive, you were reported

AOL
for removal. There's apparently children and immature adults who don't

have a
clue what I meant with what I wrote. Sadly, there were several

immature
adults. Regardless, I appreciate the support from the people who

did...support
me. It's a frustrating time and I don't need those who choose to
judge...remember..you don't know me, and haven't been through the fires

of
hell, yet.

I think every single one of us can relate to eachother in a few simple

ways.
We are all single parents. Single moms and dads. It doesn't really

matter
why we are single moms and dads; some of us may be divorced, some of us

may
have lost significant others through death, some of us could have been
single from the start. What brings us here isn't any type of hatred

(maybe
bad word, but hopefully you get my drift) for our ex's or what have you,
it's just pretty much the simple fact that, for one reason or another, we
are single parents.

I'm willing to bet that we are all going through very different

situations,
be it how old we are, how old are children are, where we are from, why we
are here and so on, but the one thing we come here for is support for
various issues related to parenting, and single parenting, to be more
specific. I still consider myself a newbie here, as I have only been

here
for a few months at the most. I'm sure we have all said something stupid
every now and then (even if we don't really want to admit it) but if
everything that someone says comes out plain and simply stupid, ignorant,
rude or unnecessary, there's something wrong. No one cares much about

how
much you dislike your ex. What, I'm sure, most would care more about is
what you have to offer from your experiences as a single parent.

I cannot, and will not, tell you what you should or shouldn't do, but if

was in your situation, I would go back to trolling the area for a few

days,
let everything die down and come back using an alternative email address

and
handle and try to start off again on the right foot. Saying something
downright uncalled for, then throwing out empty threats or insults is not
cool.

Kat, you're wise beyond your years, whatever years they are. :-) I
think you might have meant 'lurking' rather than 'trolling' in that
last paragraph, but other than that, you're right on the money.

I'm trying to remember if you're one of the Canadian newbies? I'm
Canadian, and not sure if you're in my area? (Lower Mainland of the
west coast).

Anyway. You're shaping up into a great addition to the group, IMO.
Glad you're here.

Cele

Yep, a fellow canuck...right here in good ol' Edmonton. We even did
lunch, hey Kat? lol Is Brandon avoiding ketchup looking substances like the
plague, or has he gotten over the hot tasting red stuff yet?

Christine

Old June 27th 03, 05:25 AM
Cele

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:31:41 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

Yep, a fellow canuck...right here in good ol' Edmonton. We even did
lunch, hey Kat? lol Is Brandon avoiding ketchup looking substances like the
plague, or has he gotten over the hot tasting red stuff yet?

ROFL Ouch!

Hey, you guys. My eldest swears she's going to Edmonton next month to
celebrate her eighteenth. I wonder if she'd actually give you guys a
call, if I suggested it?

Who knows?

I just hope she makes it there and back from Whitehorse. Silly girl
says she's doing the driving. I'd carry on about how nuts she is, if I
hadn't myself driven from Toronto to Vancouver in a dying 63 Ford half
ton at the same age. Got right across the country on less than a case
of oil.....23 quarts.....

LOL

Cele
Old June 27th 03, 05:36 AM
CME

wrote:

Yep, a fellow canuck...right here in good ol' Edmonton. We even did
lunch, hey Kat? lol Is Brandon avoiding ketchup looking substances like

the
plague, or has he gotten over the hot tasting red stuff yet?

ROFL Ouch!

Hey, you guys. My eldest swears she's going to Edmonton next month to
celebrate her eighteenth. I wonder if she'd actually give you guys a
call, if I suggested it?

Oh for sure! When is she coming up? We'll show her Whyte Ave, right Kat?
Go ahead and email me at cme_ (at) telus (dot) net and if she's comfortable
enough to give me a ring, I'll show her West Edmonton Mall. lol

Christine

Old June 27th 03, 05:44 AM
Cele

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:36:23 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Yep, a fellow canuck...right here in good ol' Edmonton. We even did
lunch, hey Kat? lol Is Brandon avoiding ketchup looking substances like

the
plague, or has he gotten over the hot tasting red stuff yet?

ROFL Ouch!

Hey, you guys. My eldest swears she's going to Edmonton next month to
celebrate her eighteenth. I wonder if she'd actually give you guys a
call, if I suggested it?

Oh for sure! When is she coming up? We'll show her Whyte Ave, right Kat?
Go ahead and email me at cme_ (at) telus (dot) net and if she's comfortable
enough to give me a ring, I'll show her West Edmonton Mall. lol

Down....from Whitehorse....it's down. LOL Thanks for the offer,
Christine! I'll tell her. Her birthday's not 'til the end of the
month, so some time'll pass yet, but I'll be sure to keep you posted.
:-)

I took her to West Edmonton Mall when she was...um...eleven, I think.
Lots of it wasn't finished yet.

Take care!

Cele
Old June 27th 03, 05:07 PM
ŠkatŠ

HAHAHA!!
He hasn't really been asking for whatever food to be swimming in ketchup
lately.
He still wants things that I tell him he won't like or isn't good for him.
(For example: An entire container of salt on a few pieces of egg, and an
entire container of chicken seasoning on potatos...)
And... He just got up - what good luck!

Old June 27th 03, 05:11 PM
ŠkatŠ

Wow. So it's been a few years if she was about 11 and is now 18! It's
probably twice as big now! LOL
They're now planning on adding more and more again, including seniors'
apartments - WHY???? And a bunch of other stuff... What I don't understand
is why ANYONE - especially seniors - would want to live in that massive
carnival of you name it...

Old June 28th 03, 03:30 AM
CME

"ŠkatŠ" wrote in message
HAHAHA!!
He hasn't really been asking for whatever food to be swimming in ketchup
lately.
He still wants things that I tell him he won't like or isn't good for him.
(For example: An entire container of salt on a few pieces of egg, and an
entire container of chicken seasoning on potatos...)
And... He just got up - what good luck!

Yeah that's when you pull rank and say "NO" and when he gets older and asks
why, you say "Because I said so". Kat, honey, as a parent you know what's
right and what's wrong and you should NOT let a 2 year old dictate what he
can and can not do. You are not doing him any favours by letting him get
his way, because girl, it will start with food and snowball into more
serious behaviour. There are such things as natural consequences, and then
there is a parental obligation to guide our children and it may seem trivial
with hot sauce and salt, but if you don't nip it in the bud now, you'll be
sorry. Trust me on this.

Christine

Old June 28th 03, 03:33 AM
CME

"ŠkatŠ" wrote in message
Yea!! Let's do lunch at Albert's on Whyte! Or not... lol
West Ed is a good thing, I suppose, if you don't live here... If you have
the option (and have actually used the option) to go there often, you
realize it's a zoo. Haha

I go maybe once every few months, mostly to visit Playdium... but I could
see if I lived nearby, I'd probably go more often. As it stands, I live
near South Common which is equally a zoo. lol (BTW, have you visited the new
Ikea? Wow, I knew my way around the old one blindfolded, now I need a
frickin' map. lol)

Christine

Old June 28th 03, 06:38 AM
ŠkatŠ

Hm... I could very well be wrong, but I could have sworn I heard a senior's
apartment complex type deal, and I remember, clearly, wondering why the hell
senior's apartments would be put up right in the mall... Quite strange, but
I really don't care enough to actually care, I suppose.
I have to use the washroom real bad, my back, leg and head are going to soon
be the death of me, and I haven't slept much at all lately.
Senior's apartments would be nice. I would actually go to the mall again -
only not so often - because I could find a nice little old lady or man to
visit, or both, and have her bake me cookies and him tell me stories of
'back in the day' and from the times of war. That would be fun.

"CME" wrote in message
news

"ŠkatŠ" wrote in message
Wow. So it's been a few years if she was about 11 and is now 18! It's
probably twice as big now! LOL
They're now planning on adding more and more again, including seniors'
apartments - WHY???? And a bunch of other stuff... What I don't

understand
is why ANYONE - especially seniors - would want to live in that massive
carnival of you name it...

A senior's complex? I heard an apartment complex (which you couldn't pay

me
to live in) but hey to each his own.

Christine

Old June 28th 03, 06:50 AM
ŠkatŠ

HAHAHAH
We actually JUST went to Ikea (and the south side Best Buy) just the other
day. I wanted to go to Ikea, and so we drove all the way down Calgary Trail
to fight over which lane I needed to turn into the parking lot, only to
finally turn and find out that Ikea has moved - DUH. So then Wes all of a
sudden turns smart and 'remembers' that Ikea moved down to South Common.
(Since that accident my brain has been on a honeymoon vacation with my
memory) After hitting Best Buy, we spent a VERY long time trying to figure
out how the **** to get from the BB parking lot to the damn Ikea one.
Finally finding it, and then finding a parking stall almost out of the city,
I found out all the new carts are very similar to a drifting or hydroplaning
car. (I remember my awesome hydroplaning experience when it was slushy only
a few months ago when we were all in the car and heading down 112ave to the
Capilano...)
AFTER getting lost in that new store, I went to some dip**** who supposedly
'worked' there because at home I circled all the items I wanted to pick up
that I had 'use' for. (Remember brain vacation here) I left my flyer at
home and when I asked the dork working, I was told they have no flyers...
I'm not sure why, but a store had NO flyers... I then find out that the one
item I wanted to get many of wasn't on sale until something like the 26th or
something, which was 2 days later, and I wasn't about to pay $20 for an item
on sale for only $5. Angered at my inability to read the small print, I
drove home fueled by rage, bringing it out as road rage - typical for me, or
so I am told.
From actually FINDING the damn place to finding my way around and getting
home - new Ikea was a bad, bad first experience... And I love Ikea.
I did pick up a couple sets of food container things, a rack and some
flowers Wes never buys me potted plants at all, even though I always
want some... I have this tree thing that I got from my dead friend's dad -
that I am working hard to keep alive as the stupid cat eats the branches and
leaves, a home made chia head pet that we made - sorta - together and now my
2 new potted plants! Yippee!
Arg. I am angry now...
I still love Ikea, though.