baby bathtub

Old February 5th 04, 04:03 PM
daisy

Default baby bathtub

Hi
My 5.5 month old son is now getting too big for his infant tub that I use in
the kitchen sink, but he cant sit on his own to use the "big tub" yet. Does
anyone have any suggestions on a good support that we could use to bathe him
in the big tub?
TIA
Daisy

Old February 5th 04, 04:38 PM
Nikki

daisy wrote:
Hi
My 5.5 month old son is now getting too big for his infant tub that I
use in the kitchen sink, but he cant sit on his own to use the "big
tub" yet. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good support that we
could use to bathe him in the big tub?

Hunter and I took bath's together. I had one of those tub rings for Luke.
It suctions to the bottom and has three legs with a ring around the top.
Baby sits inside :-) You can also continue to do lay down baths in the big
tub if you use one of those big sponges and only put a little water in the
tub. He might try to sit up though and it is a little harder on mom's back.
--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old February 5th 04, 04:38 PM
toypup

"daisy" wrote in message
Hi
My 5.5 month old son is now getting too big for his infant tub that I use

in
the kitchen sink, but he cant sit on his own to use the "big tub" yet.

Does
anyone have any suggestions on a good support that we could use to bathe

him
in the big tub?
TIA
Daisy

I actually own 4 tubs: 1 blow-up tub, 1 First Years 4-Stage Bath System, 1
generic toddler tub and The First Years infant/toddler tub. The
infant/toddler tub by The First Years would be my choice for this in-between
stage: http://www.thefirstyears.com/products/results.asp

The toddler half is more upright than the infant half, but snug enough that
they don't fall over. It's roomier than a regular infant tub and the child
can lay back in it until he can sit up. The seat keeps them from sliding
forward. DS eventually outgrew this tub but was frightened of being in a
regular tub, so we transitioned to the regular toddler tub (roomier, no seat
nor slanted seatback), but this has to be one of my favorite tubs.

Old February 5th 04, 04:58 PM
dragonlady

In article ,
"daisy" wrote:

Hi
My 5.5 month old son is now getting too big for his infant tub that I use in
the kitchen sink, but he cant sit on his own to use the "big tub" yet. Does
anyone have any suggestions on a good support that we could use to bathe him
in the big tub?
TIA
Daisy

I did two things:

1 - Bathed them IN the kitchen sink (no baby tub)

2 - Bathed them in the bathtub, but with very little water. A bit hard
on the back, but do-able.

meh

Old February 5th 04, 05:15 PM
Donna

"daisy" wrote in message
Hi
My 5.5 month old son is now getting too big for his infant tub that I use

in
the kitchen sink, but he cant sit on his own to use the "big tub" yet.

Does
anyone have any suggestions on a good support that we could use to bathe

him
in the big tub?

I moved my daughter to the big tub before she could sit up on her own. We
had one of those bath pillows - basically a big sponge (if you're in the US,
Babies R Us sells them) that went in the tub, and the baby went on the
sponge. No problem.

HTH

Donna

Old February 5th 04, 06:05 PM
Kari

I put my dd in the sink without the baby tub, or put her in the
regular tub with me.

Ditto. That is what we are doing right now with the Xan man.

Kari
mom to Kaylie (8) Noah (4) and Xander (4 mos)

Old February 5th 04, 06:16 PM
Sue

I bathed the babies in the kitchen sink with the sponge thing underneath
them and then once they got big enough, but not sitting up yet was to use
the sponge underneath them in the bathtub. Hard on the back, but it's
doable.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old February 5th 04, 08:58 PM
AnnaS

DS loved to lay on his back on one of those big sponges in the bathtub way more
than he ever liked the infant bathtub. He loved being able to move his arms
and legs and splash the water, something he could not do in the infant tub.
Even when he was able to sit up on his own, he still preferred to lay on his
back and splash around until he got to about 10 months old.

Anna

Old February 5th 04, 10:08 PM
Rosalie B.

x-no-archive:yes

dragonlady wrote:

In article ,
"daisy" wrote:

Hi
My 5.5 month old son is now getting too big for his infant tub that I use in
the kitchen sink, but he cant sit on his own to use the "big tub" yet. Does
anyone have any suggestions on a good support that we could use to bathe him
in the big tub?
TIA
Daisy

I did two things:

1 - Bathed them IN the kitchen sink (no baby tub)

2 - Bathed them in the bathtub, but with very little water. A bit hard
on the back, but do-able.

Ditto I never had, or did not use very much, a baby bathtub. I just
bathed them in the big tub with maybe 2" of water from the time they
were able to hold their heads up reliably on. You can kneel on the
floor (padding if you need it for your knees - I remember it being
harder on my knees than on my back) and do what's necessary. This has
the added advantage of being tummy time (which I didn't do because
that long ago all babies slept on their stomachs).

We were taught how to do this IIRC in the hospital (which we stayed in
for longer than 24 hours)

grandma Rosalie
Old February 6th 04, 12:07 AM

daisy wrote:
Hi
My 5.5 month old son is now getting too big for his infant tub that I use in
the kitchen sink, but he cant sit on his own to use the "big tub" yet. Does
anyone have any suggestions on a good support that we could use to bathe him
in the big tub?

DS (6 months next week) outgrew his infant tub a while ago. Really, he
outwiggled it before he outgrew it. We just take turns taking a bath
with him. One parent gets into the bath and holds him sitting in the tub.
He can sit upright pretty well now, but sometimes tips backwards when he
gets too excited. I think we're going to get one of those ring type things
that you suction to the tub for him to sit in.

Manda

Baby survives after hit-and-run driver drags stroller a mile Le Mod Pol General 57 February 11th 04 11:17 PM
Co-sleeping question [email protected] General 13 January 23rd 04 11:34 PM
Coping w/o a highchair, w/hyper baby Nevermind General 18 December 16th 03 02:26 AM
RECALL: Baby Walkers Truffles General 7 September 13th 03 03:35 AM
bedtime routine for 3rd baby Nevermind General 4 August 1st 03 12:18 AM