Calif. Custody Law-Very good change

Old April 30th 04, 05:23 PM

Default Calif. Custody Law-Very good change

In alt.support.divorce Miss_Kristie wrote:
: Cloaked wrote:
: Try this.....

: Looked exactly the same to me in his original posting and your "try
: this" posting. Perhaps it has to do with the settings our
: prospective computers?
: --
: Miss Kristie

I copied it to MSWord from a HTML document and converted it to text. Then
read it in to a Linux based newsreader. It displayed reasonably good
on this end. I'd suspect some nonprintable characters may have messed
up the works. Nonetheless, it's a landmark decision and "reasonably
readable" with my ASCII newsreader program (tin).

b.

Old April 30th 04, 06:04 PM
Fido

This is good, good news in a landmark case that was being watched very
closely by many groups.

The decision simply allowes the court to consider the relationship of the
child to the parents when considering change of custody requests with
circumstance.

Of course, the National Organization of Women and other "women's groups"
bitterly opposed this concept in cases like this - because it puts the
interest of the children ahead of the interest of the custodial parent -
who in 85% of the cases is a woman.

So, they consider this ruling to be an "erosion of women's rights".

Pretty transparent agenda, as you can see.

Best - Fido

wrote in
:

Court: Closer scrutiny in custody case moves

Old April 30th 04, 07:30 PM
The Dave©

Justice Joyce Kennard, the sole dissenter, said Bruiniers "never
mentioned the potential harm to the children from losing their mother
as their primary caretaker, despite undisputed evidence that this harm
would be significant."

Justice Kennard is conveniently ignoring the fact that the mother is
*choosing* to leave.

The kids have a family. A mother and a father. That should not even
be allowed to be broken any more than divorce already does that, when
any or either of the parents wants to maintain their relationships with
their kids. One parent gets married and wants to move? Tough. They
have a choice to make.

--
Jealousy is simply and clearly the fear that you do not have value.
Jealousy scans for evidence to prove the point - that others will be