irregular AF

Old April 1st 04, 12:22 AM
elizabeth emerald

Default irregular AF

pre-pregnancy, AF was always really, really regular. it was 29 days on the
dot. when i was a teenager it even used to come at 8am.

after DS, AF came back at exactly 5 mths (we are now at 19 mths) but my
cycles seem a little irregular. they can be anything from 26 days to this
one which is so far 32 days an counting (no, i don't think i'm pregnant).

it bothers me because i am so used to being very regular. but i'd like to
know is it likely that this irregularity is because of breastfeeding and
will it stop when DS eventually weans or is it just what can happen after
pregnancy? anyone been in the same situation?
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

Old April 1st 04, 03:00 AM
Karen

elizabeth wrote:pre-pregnancy, AF was always really, really regular. it was 29
days on the
dot. when i was a teenager it even used to come at 8am.

after DS, AF came back at exactly 5 mths (we are now at 19 mths) but my
cycles seem a little irregular. they can be anything from 26 days to this
one which is so far 32 days an counting (no, i don't think i'm pregnant).

DD#1 AF 2mos PP, DD#2 AF 4mos, DD#3 AF 4mo PP, then not again until 11mo and it
still has not show up this month I know I am not preggers because I had my
tubes tied. I think the older you get the stranger our cycles get. Who knows
but after I stopped nursing my cycles returned to almost regular intervals.

Karen Ann
Mommy to:
Ashley 11-13-90
Meghan 3-10-97
Hayley "Chunky Monkey" 3-27-03
Old April 1st 04, 05:41 AM
Marie

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:22:53 +1000, "elizabeth emerald"
wrote:
it bothers me because i am so used to being very regular. but i'd like to
know is it likely that this irregularity is because of breastfeeding and
will it stop when DS eventually weans or is it just what can happen after
pregnancy? anyone been in the same situation?

I had pretty regular cycles before and after pregnancy number one, but
after pregnancy number two they were very irregular, most of the time
forty-something days but frequently up to the 50's and once even 73
days. I've only had one serious period after baby number three so I am
still waiting to see how it goes. That was well over a month ago.
Marie
Old April 1st 04, 12:56 PM
Rosie

Elizabeth wrote:
pre-pregnancy, AF was always really, really regular. it was 29 days on the
dot. when i was a teenager it even used to come at 8am.

after DS, AF came back at exactly 5 mths (we are now at 19 mths) but my
cycles seem a little irregular. they can be anything from 26 days to this
one which is so far 32 days an counting (no, i don't think i'm pregnant).

it bothers me because i am so used to being very regular. but i'd like to
know is it likely that this irregularity is because of breastfeeding and
will it stop when DS eventually weans or is it just what can happen after
pregnancy? anyone been in the same situation?

This has happened to me. AF came back 7 months pp. They are now between
25-28 days. It sounds stupid but it's really irritating. I was used to
waking up every fourth Saturday at 4 am with AF. It really annoys me not
knowing when to expect it.

I must be really anal!!

ROSIE

Old April 1st 04, 07:32 PM
Christina

"elizabeth emerald" wrote

it bothers me because i am so used to being very regular. but

i'd like to know is it likely that this irregularity is because
of breastfeeding
and will it stop when DS eventually weans or is it just what

can happen after pregnancy? anyone been in the same situation?

I was always fairly regular before pregnancy, but have been all
over the map (or calendar) since DS's birth. AF returned when he
was 3.5 months old and has not been really regular since. My last
cycle was only 19 days long, but I've had cycles as long as 65
days. Luteal phase is almost always 14-16 days long; it's
ovulation that is irregular (like CD4 last cycle, and on CD14
today and still no sign of O).

It's rather irritating!

Christina
mom to DS, almost 29 months

Old April 1st 04, 10:18 PM
GlintingHedgehog

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:22:53 +1000, elizabeth emerald wrote:

after DS, AF came back at exactly 5 mths (we are now at 19 mths) but my
cycles seem a little irregular. they can be anything from 26 days to this
one which is so far 32 days an counting (no, i don't think i'm pregnant).

it bothers me because i am so used to being very regular. but i'd like to
know is it likely that this irregularity is because of breastfeeding and
will it stop when DS eventually weans or is it just what can happen after
pregnancy? anyone been in the same situation?

Bfing can certainly cause irregular periods, although they do tend to
settle down into a more predictable pattern after a few months. My cycles
were very regular after ds1 & ds2, less so after ds3, & now, with ds4 just
having turned 2yo, I've been menstruating again for about 10 months &
they're all over the place. Makes life interesting, I suppose!

--
Hedgehog
Old April 2nd 04, 05:10 AM
Heather and Reggie Fulbright

My experience was the opposite, actually. I was very irregular until I had
my kids. I'm not quite as regular as you used to be, but at least I have
one every month as oppose to 3 or 4 months without one (which is what I had
before).

Heather

Birth control question LeAnn General 21 April 23rd 04 09:58 PM
Advice on Irregular Bleeding Claire Pregnancy 3 January 26th 04 06:30 PM
Stefan's Birth Story (VERY VERY LONG) Cheryl S. Pregnancy 5 July 17th 03 02:57 PM