howdy kids

Old November 8th 03, 05:01 AM
Laura

Default howdy kids

I see some things are still the same. Brianne, wondering how your move
went... ours was crazy, we had to move twice because things with the
new house weren't settled in time, but we're loving where we are now
(Finger Lakes) and totally getting ready for winter. Boys are very
happy in their new home, new school, newfound stability (which for the
9-y-o has resulted in so much confidence, it's great)...

Christine I'm sorry about your BF situation. I e-mailed you when I
read about your boys' accident but I havent' been able to post until
now (had to dump Windows and start over, too many viruses...) I'm so
glad they weren't hurt.

Dennis, what, nothing from soc.men to get us going?

Life is good but I'm ready for it to get boring. :-)

lm
Old November 11th 03, 06:25 PM
Dennis Here

Laura wrote in message

but we're loving where we are now
(Finger Lakes) and totally getting ready for winter.

Ten foot high log pile?

Boys are very
happy in their new home, new school, newfound stability (which for the
9-y-o has resulted in so much confidence, it's great)...

Good news! It's been a long time coming.

Dennis, what, nothing from soc.men to get us going?

Brojack did it for me this time!
Long hours at work so less time here nowadays. Still poke a spanner in the
works if they start nodding off though

Life is good but I'm ready for it to get boring. :-)

That sounds like the start of brooding and baby talk!

Dennis

Old November 14th 03, 09:45 PM
lm

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 15:48:26 -0600, 'Kate wrote:

Things are great here.. like most families, we have our ups and downs.
My personal news is that I'm graduating in May. smile Finally. I'm
busily applying to grad schools while managing a full time course load,
writing term papers, reading and studying. Love my classes this
semester - that helps.

Hmm, any chance you're applying to grad schools in the northeast? I've
got a guest room (for the first time ever).

My sister is coming to visit in a couple of weeks (for thanksgiving).
My house is a wreck. She and her boyfriend said that they'll be happy
to help me with some of the major chores that I couldn't do this summer
to help care for my mom. Little does she know, she's helping me clean
the attic and garage evil laugh.

It will probably be very good for you both to do chores like that
together. You never know what kind of sentimental treasures you'll
uncover cleaning out attics and such.

I read about your two moves. Geez... that must have been exhausting.
I've been in the same house for 20 years so I have no idea. I may
though, depending on where I decide to go to grad school.

We've got snow already! It's really lovely here :-) Never thought I'd
ever leave DC but there's another one of those unexpected turns.

lm
Old November 15th 03, 04:48 PM
turtledove

'Kate wrote in message ...
I saw that on the news! Hey... if you're upstate, there's another NG
member up there too.

And you can pretty much count on a visit next time I'm up there -
probably for part of the summer. I promised myself a trip to California
to go visiting and then up to Canada.

'Kate

with a swing by Vegas, right? You, me, The Strip! Not to worry, I can't
drink anymore due to my new meds, but come on...it's a people watching
festival there! :-)!!

Open invite! Actually, if anyone is heading towards Sin City, just let me
know.

hugs,
*bri

Old November 17th 03, 02:40 PM
lm

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:52:50 -0600, 'Kate wrote:

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:45:15 GMT, lm
On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 15:48:26 -0600, 'Kate wrote:

Things are great here.. like most families, we have our ups and downs.
My personal news is that I'm graduating in May. smile Finally. I'm
busily applying to grad schools while managing a full time course load,
writing term papers, reading and studying. Love my classes this
semester - that helps.

Hmm, any chance you're applying to grad schools in the northeast? I've
got a guest room (for the first time ever).

I gave it a lot of thought. I may move back to the NE but I can't
decide that until I find out whether I'm accepted into the grad program
where I am now. I have a home in NY too, BTW. At least, for awhile
until we decide what to do about the house.

My sister is coming to visit in a couple of weeks (for thanksgiving).
My house is a wreck. She and her boyfriend said that they'll be happy
to help me with some of the major chores that I couldn't do this summer
to help care for my mom. Little does she know, she's helping me clean
the attic and garage evil laugh.

It will probably be very good for you both to do chores like that
together. You never know what kind of sentimental treasures you'll
uncover cleaning out attics and such.

LOL... not here. Probably mostly stuff that I thought I might need
someday. I've never had a lot of anything so I tend to squirrel things
away. It's become unmanageable though and the extra hands combined with
cooler weather make this a good time to tackle it.

Purging is very therapeutic, I've found. Enjoy your sister's visit.

I read about your two moves. Geez... that must have been exhausting.
I've been in the same house for 20 years so I have no idea. I may
though, depending on where I decide to go to grad school.

We've got snow already! It's really lovely here :-) Never thought I'd
ever leave DC but there's another one of those unexpected turns.

lm

I saw that on the news! Hey... if you're upstate, there's another NG
member up there too.

Might that be Alex? Gawd the snow is so cool. My 9-y-o is mister
winter -- no coat, making snowballs with no gloves, outside for hours
with pink ears and cheeks. He's the one who's had so much trouble over
the years and it's just so great to see him having real kid-fun. He's
taken to saying "I think I'm going to like it here." :-) Santa's gotta
find the cash for a real snowboard for this kid -- with 6-month
winters and lake-effect snow, it'll be money well spent, methinks.

Somebody ask me about the snow come February or so, this being my
first "real" winter.

And you can pretty much count on a visit next time I'm up there -
probably for part of the summer. I promised myself a trip to California
to go visiting and then up to Canada.

That would be great, Kate. Summer 'round here is lovely, and the route
from here to Canada goes straight through wine country. I want to
visit Toronto soon myself.

lm
Old November 18th 03, 01:36 PM
turtledove

'Kate wrote in message ...
On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 08:48:03 -0800, "turtledove"

'Kate wrote in message

I saw that on the news! Hey... if you're upstate, there's another NG
member up there too.

And you can pretty much count on a visit next time I'm up there -
probably for part of the summer. I promised myself a trip to

California
to go visiting and then up to Canada.

'Kate

with a swing by Vegas, right? You, me, The Strip! Not to worry, I can't
drink anymore due to my new meds, but come on...it's a people watching
festival there! :-)!!

Open invite! Actually, if anyone is heading towards Sin City, just let

me
know.

hugs,
*bri

Thank you! I don't think we're driving to California. I'm considering
flying to San Jose and renting (or borrowing) a car with which to travel
up to Vancouver. I'm so looking forward to this trip.

'Kate

:-(! Bummer! Though I totally understand why you wouldn't want to drive
all the way to Vancouver. I'm wanting to meet everyone so badly! Hmmm....
might just have to kidnap ya! (wink!!)

hugs,
*bri (whose life is finally getting back to normal!)