Pay someone for their decision?

Old November 2nd 03, 05:35 AM
Fighting for kids

Default Pay someone for their decision?

"teachrmama" wrote in message
I think that the vast majority of both CPs and NCPs are good, caring

people.
Many of them never even come in contact with the CS system. My problem is
with a system that sets up the needs of children to be an adversarial
matter, rather than a joint responsibility that is worked out between
parents.

In my case if there wasnt a system in place, my ex would never take on the
responsibiilty of his two children. Unfortuneatly there are parents that
are NOT doing whats in the best interest of anyone but themselves and they
have to be babysat and treated like a child.

Old November 2nd 03, 05:38 AM
Fighting for kids

"Gini" wrote in message
==
Then you simply do not know how the CS guidelines work.
==

Yes I do. I however again based on the cost of raising a child and the
average amount of support ordered do NOT feel that men are ordered to pay
more of a childs basic need.
If you can show me something that shows otherwise then I would be willing to
change my mind. I want average, not something that is applied to your CASE
ONLY.

Again, I ask what is the cost of raising a child today and what is the
average amount of support ordered???

Old November 2nd 03, 05:44 AM
Fighting for kids

"Gini" wrote in message

"Fighting for kids" adf wrote in message

"Gini" wrote in message
use this model you speak of.
==
No they don't. But they still use a percentage of income regardless of
actual (reasonable) costs.
That is lifestyle support.
==

How much do you propose it costs to raise a child over an 18 year

period?
==
I know how much it doesn't cost. To determine the cost, would have
to look at and analyze raw data or find data that has been properly
collected
and draw conclusions from that. I have yet to see such data. I know how

much
my
sister was paid for her foster children. I think that is probably the most
reliable
marker.
==

So how much?

Old November 2nd 03, 06:22 AM
teachrmama

"Fighting for kids" adf wrote in message

"teachrmama" wrote in message
The PARENTS should have the responsibility for working these things

out!!
NOT the government! We are not all a bunch of poor fools who need the
guidance of Big Brother Government! Let the parents take the
responsibility, and I think we will see major improvements!

The funny thing is Big Brother didnt get involved for many years and

finally
got involved because children were being neglected and NCP's werent taking
care of their responsibilities.

SOME NCP's--by far not all. Most had worked out equitable arrangements.
But did the government settle for going after those who refused to take care
of their responsibilities? NO. They try to get everyone into the
system--because it pays to have those who do not neglect their
responsibilities in the system, too. Then it looks as if they are doing a
great job, and the get more federal funds. Meanwhile, the true deadbeats
are still out there avoiding the system. Let those who are ersponsible
handle things themselves--they can, you know. Save the system for the true
deadbeats.

I think that more often than not when we "end" a relationship with another
person we are mad at them and dont want anything to do with them. If

there
are no children involved those two in most cases wouldnt speak to each

other
and the relationship truely "ends". When a child is there, they cant ever
get away from each other and unfortunately their emotions drive their
actions, not the best interest of the child. The CP demands support and

the
NCP only sees their money going to the CP.

I don't agree. I think that, without government interference, the emotion
will subside, and the best interests of the child will come first. Both
paernts will have to discuss expenses. When an event, such as a layoff,
occurs, both parents will have to work it out together. THAT is in the best
interest of the child--not the government saying to the NCP "This is what
the CP and I think is best for your child, so do it!"

By the way, I see that you are teacher. What do you think of the
educational system today?

I think that in some places it is excellent, and in some places it is poor.
But the children whose parents take a strong interest in their child's
education will end up getting the most out of the system, whereever they
are.

Old November 2nd 03, 06:23 AM
teachrmama

"Fighting for kids" adf wrote in message

"teachrmama" wrote in message
I think that the vast majority of both CPs and NCPs are good, caring

people.
Many of them never even come in contact with the CS system. My problem

is
with a system that sets up the needs of children to be an adversarial
matter, rather than a joint responsibility that is worked out between
parents.

In my case if there wasnt a system in place, my ex would never take on the
responsibiilty of his two children. Unfortuneatly there are parents that
are NOT doing whats in the best interest of anyone but themselves and they
have to be babysat and treated like a child.

Then let the system deal with them, and not those who aer doing the right
thing.

Old November 2nd 03, 06:28 AM
Fighting for kids

"teachrmama" wrote in message
Then let the system deal with them, and not those who aer doing the right
thing.

But how many are "doing the right thing" because the system is telling them
to???

Old November 2nd 03, 08:14 AM
teachrmama

"Fighting for kids" adf wrote in message

"teachrmama" wrote in message
Then let the system deal with them, and not those who aer doing the

right
thing.

But how many are "doing the right thing" because the system is telling

them
to???

The only way to find that out is to give them the opportunity to do theright
thing. To just assume that everyone is guilty with no way to prove their
innocence is wrong.

Old November 2nd 03, 02:00 PM
Paul Fritz

"teachrmama" wrote in message

Where on earth did you get your "facts"? Can you cite the sources you

used?
Or is it just opinion?

It is pretty obvious that 'stealing for mommies" doesn't have any facts, but
rather is just repeating the feminitwit mantra

A man
should help to support the children he makes, thats what im saying. I

dont
think that men should have to pay over what it costs to support their
children. If they want their children to have fancy clothing, better

things
well then they should pay for those things seperate ( I would think that
most men would want nice things for their children).

And are you out fighting to make sure this happens? To make sure that men
only pay 1/2 of the actual needs of a child, and aren't being held
responsible for fancy clothes and fancy cars?

Old November 2nd 03, 02:33 PM
Paul Fritz

"Fighting for kids" adf wrote in message

"teachrmama" wrote in message
The PARENTS should have the responsibility for working these things

out!!
NOT the government! We are not all a bunch of poor fools who need the
guidance of Big Brother Government! Let the parents take the
responsibility, and I think we will see major improvements!

The funny thing is Big Brother didnt get involved for many years and

finally
got involved because children were being neglected and NCP's werent taking
care of their responsibilities.

snicker Free hint for the clueless.....big daady guvmint has thrown more
fathers out of households then it ever will help with it draconian CS laws.

I think that more often than not when we "end" a relationship with another
person we are mad at them and dont want anything to do with them. If

there
are no children involved those two in most cases wouldnt speak to each

other
and the relationship truely "ends". When a child is there, they cant ever
get away from each other and unfortunately their emotions drive their
actions, not the best interest of the child. The CP demands support and

the
NCP only sees their money going to the CP.

Well to bad your thinking is so clouded with the feminitwit mantra