Comments received recently!

Old September 15th 04, 02:40 AM
Cathy

Default Comments received recently!

Yesterday, I saw a woman who I was in antenatal classes with, and she was
busy telling me how a mutual friend is 3 months preg. And then she went on
to tell me she wanted another baby etc., so I finally had to say I had 3
months to go. At which, she looked at me and said she hadn't even realised
I was pregant. And I thought I was getting over the looking fat stage! And
then when I took DD to the doctor, I said I wasn't really worried about her
being ill, but on any possible effects to the baby (I refuse to think of it
as a foetus now!). The doctor apologised for not realising, and then asked
how many weeks. When I said 28 he just about had a fit, and said I looked
way too small (in a nice way, not saying I should be concerned). And then
today I was talking to a lady at playcentre who is pregnant, and I asked her
when she is due. I expected her to say in 2 months - but she is 2 months
behind me! Wow - I'm starting to think I am lucky to have a 'small' bump,
even though it feels huge to me!!

Sorry, had to share - feeling tired and bored.

Cathy
EDD 8 Dec 04

Old September 15th 04, 03:21 AM
Hope

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:40:29 +1200, "Cathy"
wrote:

[...]

haha don't feel bad. When I was 38.5 weeks with my last preg, I got
horrible bronchitis. I went to the doc and he got out his
prescription pad to write a scrip for antibiotics. I said "don't
forget I'm pregnant when you prescribe" and he looked at me and said
"oh congratulations, how far along are you?" I said "nearly 39 weeks"
he almost died of embarrasment. I felt too sorry for him to be very
annoyed.

Hope

--
Riley 1993 c/s
Tara 2002 HBAC
Old September 15th 04, 03:24 AM
ModernMiko

"Cathy" wrote in message
[...]

I'm pretty small in bump-size again just like with DS although I do think I
am a bit bigger this time. Of course, I started out about 30 pounds heavier
this time and have a lovely 10cmx10cm fibroid that I didn't have last time.
:-/ Most people say I look pregnant but not 28 weeks. I'm down about 2
pounds from pre-conception weight but dr isn't too worried. Gained all 12
pounds in last trimester last time and I'm a big girl. Baby is growing well
:-) and I think will be a soccer player LOL. Unfortunately, I'm going
through some major blues right now and DH is working a lot of overtime in
anticipation of me being out of work for 6-8 weeks :-(

--
JennL
DS 06/26/98

aka CatnipSlayer @ livin-it-up.net
--
Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
with Swords

Old September 15th 04, 07:07 AM
Mamma Mia

"Cathy" wrote in message
[...]

i am lining up for the opposite i think - oh, you are only 10 weeks pg, you
look like 20... that sort of thing.

hugs for us! at least we got something they dont got!!!! (hi baby)

christine

Old September 15th 04, 12:21 PM
Shelley

That is so me. I am overweight to begin with and with DH I never
looked that prenant. I kept wanting to look pregnant not just fat. I
finally looked somewhat pregnant by the end but not 9 months. I was
so excited about being pregnant that I wanted everyone to know just by
looking at me but it was not to be. My saving grace was that, not
being overly big, I was not as uncomfortable as some others end up
being.

Shelley
mom to Jacob
edd mar 30/05

Old September 15th 04, 01:52 PM
Sophie

"Cathy" wrote in message
[...]

I was pretty small with my second - who came 16 months after #1. I remember
people asking how far along I was. I had 5 *weeks* to go and people thought
I was only 5 *months* long.
I also saw a mom at a playgroup who was 30 weeks along before I could even
tell she was pregnant (also her 2nd, 3 yrs after her 1st).
With #4 one of the daycare ladies was due about a month after me and she was
HUGE.

Old September 16th 04, 02:23 AM
Cathy

Hope wrote:

haha don't feel bad. When I was 38.5 weeks with my last preg, I got
horrible bronchitis. I went to the doc and he got out his
prescription pad to write a scrip for antibiotics. I said "don't
forget I'm pregnant when you prescribe" and he looked at me and said
"oh congratulations, how far along are you?" I said "nearly 39 weeks"
he almost died of embarrasment. I felt too sorry for him to be very
annoyed.

Thanks for the laugh! I suppose we should take it as a compliment really
that we look o.k.

Cathy

Old September 16th 04, 02:25 AM
Cathy

ModernMiko wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm going through some major blues
right now and DH is working a lot of overtime in anticipation of me
being out of work for 6-8 weeks :-(

Sorry to hear that. It'll be worth it in the long term though. DH is
currently working 6 days and studying the 7th, in anticipation of dropping
to 5 days after the baby is born (and fortunately he will have a break from
study). It is hard, isn't it?

Cathy

Old September 16th 04, 02:26 AM
Cathy

Mamma Mia wrote:
i am lining up for the opposite i think - oh, you are only 10 weeks
pg, you look like 20... that sort of thing.

hugs for us! at least we got something they dont got!!!! (hi baby)

christine

Absolutely - size isn't everything! And if it is, well as long as everyone
is healthy, it doesn't really matter.

Cathy

Old September 16th 04, 03:10 AM
Cathy

Shelley wrote:
My saving grace was that, not
being overly big, I was not as uncomfortable as some others end up
being.

That is what I have to remember. I am having no difficulty sleeping,
getting things off the floor is not too taxing, and I can still do up my
shoelaces! I should be thankful.

Cathy