newly pierced ears

Old August 12th 03, 12:46 AM
Karen G

Default newly pierced ears

I posted a little over a week ago about my 3 year old daughter deciding
to stop sucking her thumb. She is doing so well. Although she is still
wearing the tape most of the time, she is bringing her hands to her face
less and less. We are still having problems with going to sleep on
various days. Naptime is pretty much gone, so we aren't even tempting
that time. TV time and car time are going very well.

Now we have pierced ears. I am basically cleaning her ears 2-5 times a
day--particularly when I am overly concerned--and encouraging her to
wash her hands more often so that she is introducing less bacteria when
she touches them with her hands. We have friends who ended up with an
infected ear at 5 weeks, so my paranoia is in high gear. What
experiences have you all had with this? I don't want to scare her, but
I do want them to heal well.

Karen

Old August 12th 03, 10:18 PM
Brandy Kurtz

Karen G wrote in message . ..
[...]

We cleaned Kitty's ears every morning and every night, with a cleaning
solution that we bought at the ear peircing place. Plus, I would clean
around her ears very well when she got a bath. We didn't encounter any
problems. I still clean them every so often, a year and a half later.

Brandy

Old August 17th 03, 09:34 PM
Faye Tarzwell

hydrogen peroxide.
clean it 1-2 times a day with it and it will heal fast.

FayeC