Cesarian Scar - next pregnancy

Old October 14th 06, 10:17 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Helen

Default Cesarian Scar - next pregnancy

Hi, to all those who have had one cesarian and gone on to have another
pregancy!

My sister is now 14 weeks pregnant with her second baby. Her first was
delivered by emergency cesarian. She is experiencing bad pains from the scar
as her tummy grows this time.

Did anyone else experience this? and if so do you have any top tips on
easing this pain/itching?

Many thanks
Helen

Old October 14th 06, 11:07 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
xkatx

"Helen" meathelensymons.eclipse.co.uk wrote in message
. uk...
Hi, to all those who have had one cesarian and gone on to have another
pregancy!

My sister is now 14 weeks pregnant with her second baby. Her first was
delivered by emergency cesarian. She is experiencing bad pains from the
scar as her tummy grows this time.

Did anyone else experience this? and if so do you have any top tips on
easing this pain/itching?

Many thanks
Helen

How long has it been between her pregnancies?
DS1 (emergency C-section - born Dec '99) was around 4 months old when I was
pg with DS2 (VBAC, born Jan '01), and I didn't have much pain around my
scar, but I do remember it was fairly sensitive - but not a bad pain,
really. Just uncomfortable, but later on in my pregnancy.
With DD (VBAC, born Aug '05), I had no pain at all around my scar. The
whole scar area is numb, even with this current pregnancy, and I just have
those horrible ligament pains.
I did get a bit uncomfortable with DS2, and I found that a support belt did
help a bit. Maybe that might help your sister? Other than that, I really
don't know

Old October 16th 06, 09:20 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
April & Stewart

Hi Helen

I had a section on my first baby in 1999 and then my 2nd was born in 2001, I
had no itching or pain with his pregnany, I then just had a baby Jan 2006
and again had no pain or itching. I would recommnd if the itching or pain is
bad then to get checked out with the doctor or someone just to be on the
safe side. When was her section baby born, perhaps the scar hasnt completly
healed???

April
Mum to
Joshua 28th Dec 1999