Cloth diapers (x-posted)

Old February 5th 04, 03:17 PM
Dawn Lawson

Default Cloth diapers (x-posted)

HollyLewis wrote:

If your very old dishwasher is an American brand, it probably has a
self-cleaning filter. If it's a European brand, it probably doesn't.

I've always found it odd that it's usually the fancy schmancy high end large
appliances that lack the convenience features that come totally standard on
normal midpriced models.

until you send something thru the dishwasher or washing machine that you
want BACK, or that could damage or clog the works if it went out of the
filter. ;-)

Dawn

Old February 5th 04, 09:14 PM
Linz

On 04 Feb 2004 16:17:20 +0000, Sidheag McCormack
wrote:

Linz writes:

Bosch - gotta love that German efficiency! Is it quiet? I wish I'd got a
Bosch dishwasher as everyone tells me they're very quiet and what I've
got is definitely not! -- Linz YB: 15 weeks, 14lbs 14oz

Yes, it's amazingly quiet. I love it! (And no, I don't work for them :-)

I reckon I'll just go Bosch with everything I need to replace, as I
need to replace it!
--
Linz
YB: 15 weeks, 14lbs 14oz
Old February 5th 04, 09:21 PM
Linz

On 04 Feb 2004 20:39:53 GMT, (HollyLewis) wrote:

Bosch - gotta love that German efficiency! Is it quiet? I wish I'd got
a Bosch dishwasher as everyone tells me they're very quiet and what
I've got is definitely not!

They *are* quiet, but I like Maytag's dishwashers better. They have all the
same features and then some and they're still pretty quiet.

Remarkably expensive in the UK, though!

My ILs have a Bosch in their recently-built vacation house. Annoying Problem
#1: The controls are on the top edge of the door, which means you can't set
them or start the dishwasher with the door closed. I think the point is a
sleek appearance, but it's inconvenient. Annoying Problem #2: When the cycle
is over, the dishwasher beeps. Piercingly and incessantly, until you go open
the door so it thinks it's been unloaded. There is no way to turn off the
beeping. This means if you start the dishwasher before you go to bed (and
doesn't everyone do this?), it will beep all night long. If you start it right
after dinner, and then everyone settles down in the (open plan) living room to
talk, read, play games or whatever, after an while you are all interrupted by
the beeping.

I think that's just their model. Friends have Bosches, all of which
have controls on the front of the machine and none of which beep. It
could be that they do different models for the US market for some
reason!
--
Linz
YB: 15 weeks, 14lbs 14oz

WTB: Paying Top Dollar for Kushies Diapers / Kooshies Cuddlers or other cloth diapers Crystal Hall General 2 August 1st 04 12:02 AM
How are disposable diapers supposed to fit (confused cloth diapering Mom)? [email protected] General 7 May 4th 04 05:48 AM
cloth diapers Small Haul Pregnancy 8 March 8th 04 10:47 PM
Cloth Diapers Phoebe & Allyson General 2 August 4th 03 07:39 AM
washing cloth diapers Jen Pregnancy 5 July 24th 03 05:56 PM