Terribly down tonight...

Old November 8th 03, 04:34 AM
ModernMiko

Default Terribly down tonight...

Why o why can't DH understand how I feel. He asked me to rub his back (again
as I've done it for th last two nights) cause it's sore from the phys
training he's doing for the academy. When I told him I just wasn't up to it
tonight, he got snitty and went to bed and shut the door. It wasn't like I
was sitting twiddling my thumbs. I was in the study (which was going to
become the nursery) cleaning it up - my whole house is a mess right now
cause I just can't get with it.
I'm sorry if this sounds whiny. I know a lot of people are going through
much worse but I CAN'T STAND HOW I FEEL! I NEED HIM TO UNDERSTAND THAT I
CAN'T DO FOR HIM RIGHT NOW!!!!

--
Jenn
Kevin DS 06/26/98

--
Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
with Swords

Old November 8th 03, 05:31 AM
Carol Ann

:: Why o why can't DH understand how I feel. He asked me to rub his back
(again
:: as I've done it for th last two nights) cause it's sore from the phys
:: training he's doing for the academy. When I told him I just wasn't up to
it
:: tonight, he got snitty and went to bed and shut the door. It wasn't like
:: was sitting twiddling my thumbs. I was in the study (which was going to
:: become the nursery) cleaning it up - my whole house is a mess right now
:: cause I just can't get with it.
:: I'm sorry if this sounds whiny. I know a lot of people are going through
:: much worse but I CAN'T STAND HOW I FEEL! I NEED HIM TO UNDERSTAND THAT I
:: CAN'T DO FOR HIM RIGHT NOW!!!!

Gosh, Jenn, there must be a full moon. ARGH!!! I do hope your husband
stops acting selfishly and begins to appreciate you as a loving partner AND
fantastic mother.

~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Weightloss Challenge

Old November 8th 03, 09:01 AM
pcb

Carol Ann wrote:

Gosh, Jenn, there must be a full moon. ARGH!!! I do hope your husband
stops acting selfishly and begins to appreciate you as a loving partner AND
fantastic mother.

~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Weightloss Challenge

Actually, there will be a full moon tonight. I certainly have been
feeling it. I haven't really been speaking to my DH for a couple of
days now. If he asks me something, I'll respond. But I don't make
conversation. I'm just sick and tired of being a servant and being
taken very granted. Yes, it's true he works longer hours than I do, but
he still needs to chip in, especially now. The laundry basket needs to
be taken upstairs and since it's heavy I won't do it. I have asked him
to take it up every day since last Sunday. Yes, that's right, last
SUnday. Well, it's still sitting there. I know I could just take a few
pieces up each time I go upstairs, but it's the principle of the matter.
Geez, it's not like I'm asking him to wash all the windows and have
dinner on the table for me every night.

To make matters worse, I didn't even want to live here. I wanted to
move back to NYC to be near my family, instead we're with his. I feel
like I'm constantly cleaning I house that I don't even want to be in.

pcb

Old November 8th 03, 01:13 PM
Crystal Dreamer

I just had to reply when ModernMiko wrote:
Why o why can't DH understand how I feel. He asked me to rub his back
(again as I've done it for th last two nights) cause it's sore from
the phys training he's doing for the academy. When I told him I just
wasn't up to it tonight, he got snitty and went to bed and shut the
door. It wasn't like I was sitting twiddling my thumbs. I was in the
study (which was going to become the nursery) cleaning it up - my
whole house is a mess right now cause I just can't get with it.
I'm sorry if this sounds whiny. I know a lot of people are going
through much worse but I CAN'T STAND HOW I FEEL! I NEED HIM TO
UNDERSTAND THAT I CAN'T DO FOR HIM RIGHT NOW!!!!

--
Jenn
Kevin DS 06/26/98
1 tiny angel 11/03

You're not alone! That's the only thing that keeps me from losing my mind
about it, is that it's very common for the man to act like this. I could go
into further detail away from the ng if you want details, but believe me,
you are not alone.

--
-Crystal Dreamer
Missing Mariam since 09/10/03

Old November 8th 03, 01:39 PM
Carol Ann

:: Actually, there will be a full moon tonight. I certainly have been
:: feeling it. I haven't really been speaking to my DH for a couple of
:: days now. If he asks me something, I'll respond. But I don't make
:: conversation. I'm just sick and tired of being a servant and being
:: taken very granted.
snip
:: To make matters worse, I didn't even want to live here. I wanted to
:: move back to NYC to be near my family, instead we're with his. I feel
:: like I'm constantly cleaning I house that I don't even want to be in.

Yikes! What's happening to our men? I sure hope your DH steps up to the
plate, too!

Today IS a new day AND I still don't want him in my life.

Old November 8th 03, 01:41 PM
Carol Ann

:: You're not alone! That's the only thing that keeps me from losing my
mind
:: about it, is that it's very common for the man to act like this. I could
go
:: into further detail away from the ng if you want details, but believe me,
:: you are not alone.
::
:: --
:: -Crystal Dreamer
:: Missing Mariam since 09/10/03
:: Some people only dream of angels. I held one in my arms.
:: (take out the trash to reply)

I hear that all the time, but can someone tell me, what am I supposed to do?
How am I supposed to make it better?

At this point, I just don't want to deal with him and his insecurities. I'm
so over him.

I just pray the baby is okay......

Old November 8th 03, 03:39 PM
Sue

pcb wrote in message
.. The laundry basket needs to
be taken upstairs and since it's heavy I won't do it. I have asked him
to take it up every day since last Sunday. Yes, that's right, last
SUnday. Well, it's still sitting there. I know I could just take a few
pieces up each time I go upstairs, but it's the principle of the matter.

How come you feel the need to not carrying a basket of clothes upstairs?
Certainly lifting objects is not forbidden unless you have a medical
condition that is not included? Good heavens, most of us with subsequent
children lifted them all through pregnancy and some of them weigh 20-40
pounds and heavier.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old November 8th 03, 05:46 PM
pcb

Sue wrote:
pcb wrote in message
. The laundry basket needs to

be taken upstairs and since it's heavy I won't do it. I have asked him
to take it up every day since last Sunday. Yes, that's right, last
SUnday. Well, it's still sitting there. I know I could just take a few
pieces up each time I go upstairs, but it's the principle of the matter.

How come you feel the need to not carrying a basket of clothes upstairs?
Certainly lifting objects is not forbidden unless you have a medical
condition that is not included? Good heavens, most of us with subsequent
children lifted them all through pregnancy and some of them weigh 20-40
pounds and heavier.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Because I had spotting last month and the GP told me not to carry
anything heavy. This basket happened to be very heavy.

pcb

Old November 9th 03, 02:23 PM
Sue

Hmmm. Good luck then. )
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old November 10th 03, 04:47 PM
Ilse Witch

ModernMiko wrote:

I'm sorry if this sounds whiny. I know a lot of people are going through
much worse but I CAN'T STAND HOW I FEEL! I NEED HIM TO UNDERSTAND THAT I
CAN'T DO FOR HIM RIGHT NOW!!!!

{{{{Jenn}}}} talk to him. A lot. Try to put your feelings to words,
since for him it is impossible to even start to understand you if
you don't. He has *no clue* what you are feeling at all, and he
may be trying in his own way, but that won't get him anywhere. Make
sure you talk about this daily, don't hide behind the everyday things
that need to be done. It is important for both of you to get this out
of your system, but especially you.

Don't underestimate your grief by saying others are going through
worse times. True as that may be, it will not make things easier
for you. You are the one that counts at this moment, be selfish
and don't bury your emotions, it will only make it harder.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (15m)