January due dates, TTC'ers, and new members

Old May 7th 04, 03:58 AM
Mary S.

Default January due dates, TTC'ers, and new members

Congratulations to any early birds who know they're pregnant already! Is
it a shock, or a much-awaited blessing? How many pregnancy tests did
you have to take before you believed it? Any symptoms yet?

For our TTC members, how is the journey going? Need to vent, cry, yell
a bit? Feeling hopeful? Into the 2ww? Lots and lots of baby dust to
you all. I know there are lurkers as well as the visible ttc'ers here,
and some ttc'ers who are staying silent on the subject or still deciding
whether to really go for it. Everyone should feel welcome in this
community... please know that we're cheering you on with all our hearts.
Hopefully there will be some new due date updates from some of you who
have had such a long, tough haul so far.

For any new members, hello and welcome! Have you started ttc (trying to
conceive)? Feel free to send an introduction, or keep us updated as you
look for signs of the big O (ovulation) by charting your BBT (basal body
temperature), do some BD (baby dancing), cross your fingers during the
2ww (two week wait, after ovulation but before a pregnancy test will
show anything), and then hopefully send your own new due date
message out! You'll often see TCOYF referred to: it's the fabulous book
_Taking Charge of Your Fertility_ by Toni Weschler, available from
Amazon and many bookstores. It talks all about how to chart your
fertility signs, both for pregnancy and for birth control, and is an
incredibly valuable way to learn about your own body. Highly
recommended reading for anyone starting down the road to pregnancy.
Welcome to the group.

Mary

Old May 7th 04, 07:47 PM
Melody

Congratulations to any early birds who know they're pregnant already! Is
it a shock, or a much-awaited blessing?

Uhm...shock... ;-) I'm only guessing about a January due date, I don't see
my midwife till Monday.

How many pregnancy tests did
you have to take before you believed it?

Actually I didn't take any. I went to the doctor a week ago beause I had
zero energy and wanted to sleep ALL the time. I was thinking it was a
thyroid problem. I also had a horrific UTI. He did a battery of tests
including preg. tests (urine and serum) just to rule it out. The urine test
was negative, he said the serum test would most likely be negative too. I
was supposed to go back in two weeks to get the results from the other
bloodwork.

The nurse called on Tuesday. She said, "I'm calling to let you know the
results of your serum pregnancy test..." I'm on my cell phone driving to
take DD to school thinking 'yeah, yeah it's negative, you're wasting my cell
minutes' HA! She continues, "and the test is positive, you are pregnant, you
need to stop taking any medications and contact an OB/GYN, if you don't have
one we'll refer you to one." My jaw dropped and it took me a few minutes to
realize I was driving about 30 mph on the freeway. I'm still not entirely
convinced...

I did, finally, take a urine test this morning, I guess I still didn't
believe it since I didn't see anything for myself... it turned hot pink in a
matter of seconds.

Any symptoms yet?

My breasts feel like they're going to explode and I feel like I'm going to
start my period at any given moment (kinda crampy) but most the crampiness
is right around my c-section incision, is this pretty normal? I know I have
quite a bit of scar tissue, it's bothered me for years. Will this cause
problems? I really don't remember feeling like this with #1. I'm guessing
some of it could be related to the previous c-section...

I have to pee CONSTANTLY. Probably partially because of the UTI. I finish up
my Cipro today... hopefully that's safe to be taking?

I'm a little nauseous, not too terrible yet. Probably more psychosematic
than real...

Welcome to the group.

Thank you I'm actually an old school MKP'er. I was around 6 years ago
when I was first pregnant with my DD and hung around till she was about 2. I
see a lot of familiar posters... Elfanie, Sophie, Circe, Erika, maybe a
couple of others... Good to see you're all still here If all goes well
with my appointment on Monday then I suppose you poor ladies will be putting
up with me again for quite some time

~Melody

Old May 9th 04, 01:55 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Thu, 06 May 2004 22:58:25 -0400, "Mary S."
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!
For our TTC members, how is the journey going?

CD14 here. I tried licorice root extract this month, but don't know
if its worked. If it doesn't I don't expect to O before CD28. I'm
waiting of confirmation of the PCOS diagnosis so I can start on
metformin. My GTT results came back with an impaired glucose
tolerance as well. If I get pregnant this cycle, we'll just be
praying, I guess. After that I have the OK to stay on metformin
through til 12 weeks (not 20, unfortunately).

Seoras's first birthday was Friday and we spent it at home, going to
out buy a rose for him (David Austin Roses is based just up the road,
we bought one called Molineux, after the local football team, as
Seoras was born within site of the stadium).

Megan

--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7 May 2003, 17 hours: sunrise to sunset (homebirth)

To e-mail use: megan at farr-montgomery dot com
Old May 10th 04, 12:52 PM
Tatjana Farkin

"Buzzy Bee" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
My GTT results came back with an impaired glucose
tolerance as well.

I must have missed this - bummer :-( It makes me angry that women aren't
more carefully screened for PCOS earlier in life, before IF problems,
health problems due to IR, impaired glucose tolerance or even diabetes.

--
Tatjana
PCOS - TTC #1 for close to 3 years

Old May 10th 04, 02:05 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Mon, 10 May 2004 13:52:42 +0200, "Tatjana Farkin"
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!

"Buzzy Bee" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
.. .
My GTT results came back with an impaired glucose
tolerance as well.

I must have missed this - bummer :-( It makes me angry that women aren't
more carefully screened for PCOS earlier in life, before IF problems,
health problems due to IR, impaired glucose tolerance or even diabetes.

It bums me that I was told I probably had PCOS when I was 18 by a
Gynae in NZ. At that point he was happy for me to just take the pill
non-stop to keep it under control.

I asked for a referal to a gynae 5 years ago, after we got married,
and asked him about it. He declared I didn't have it as my ovaries
were clear (I knew less then than I do now). He was actually my OB
when I was pregnant, though I never saw him. He also seems to be the
head that will roll when the report into perinatal deaths comes out,
as he's currently on "long term leave". My impression when I saw him
was he didn't much care for women

Megan

Old May 10th 04, 02:49 PM
Dagny

Default loss mentioned was January due dates, TTC'ers, and new members

Hey You All. We are not TTC officially, but seem to conceive anyway -- I
think I conceived last cycle (one BD, on CD6, started bleeding out CD22,
long bleed). This cycle, I've got positive but very weak pregnancy tests
and am on day 4 of spotting, and am about CD30 counting from first day of
last bleed. So I could be already with next child, but I think I'm more
likely with someone just passing through to say hi, before continuing his
journey somewhere else.

I say loss mentioned because it might upset some, but I'm not mourning. The
really early losses, I'm cool with, as I just won't dream yet.

Also, I think one of the reasons I didn't want to use contraception was so
that these things would be easier to handle when they happened.

Good luck to all,

Dagny
Mom to Meg, 10/03

Old May 10th 04, 04:27 PM
Tatjana Farkin

wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!

"Buzzy Bee" schrieb im

Newsbeitrag
.. .
My GTT results came back with an impaired glucose
tolerance as well.

I must have missed this - bummer :-( It makes me angry that women

aren't
more carefully screened for PCOS earlier in life, before IF problems,
health problems due to IR, impaired glucose tolerance or even

diabetes.

It bums me that I was told I probably had PCOS when I was 18 by a
Gynae in NZ. At that point he was happy for me to just take the pill
non-stop to keep it under control.

Most of us have a story like this to tell. *sigh* I knew since age 12/13
that I 'had too many androgens and if I'd be a good girl and lose weight
like I'm told the problem would be gone' ...

And I was diagnosed with IR right at age 11 when the whole problems
started, but that diagnosis was ignored - lovely.

When I got the (second) diagnosis in 12/01 my GP actually told me
looking at my values that it was a good thing I wanted children in my
mid-20s because the 'early' interventions (i.e. Metformin) will most
likely prevent a soonish descent into diabetes.

--
Tatjana
PCOS - TTC #1 for 3 years

Old May 10th 04, 04:53 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Mon, 10 May 2004 17:27:57 +0200, Tatjana Farkin
wrote:

Most of us have a story like this to tell. *sigh* I knew since age 12/13
that I 'had too many androgens and if I'd be a good girl and lose weight
like I'm told the problem would be gone' ..

And I was diagnosed with IR right at age 11 when the whole problems
started, but that diagnosis was ignored - lovely.

When I got the (second) diagnosis in 12/01 my GP actually told me
looking at my values that it was a good thing I wanted children in my
mid-20s because the 'early' interventions (i.e. Metformin) will most
likely prevent a soonish descent into diabetes.

I suspect I will have a problem getting metformin once the next baby is
weaned, even though I'd like to go on it to protect against Type II
(wanted to before the lowered glucose tolerance was found, definitely
think I need to now). Its only given if you want to TTC here, from I what
I gather. Then they get all jumpy about you taking it while TTC and I
think I'm a rarity to get the agreement to take it during the first
trimester. Possibly a first locally.

Megan
Old May 10th 04, 05:30 PM
kim in cville

Thanks for the welcome!
Into 2nd w of 2ww here. Today is CD21, believe based on multiple symptoms
that O was CD14, though didn't get temp rise until CD 18 (4 days up now).
BD'ed on CD12, 13, 14. Crossing fingers...
One thing I was wondering...is the temp supposed to stay above the coverline
for 18 days or so to indicate pregnancy, or is it supposed to just still be
above by the 18th day dpo? That is, since my temp rose 4 days after O, am I
looking for it to still be up at 36dpo (18 days up), or just 32dpo? (14 days
up, 18 since O). I plan to test too, but want to be able to confirm by temp
method...
--Kim in cville
TTC #1

Old May 11th 04, 03:58 PM
Tatjana Farkin

"Buzzy Bee" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news
I suspect I will have a problem getting metformin once the next baby

is
weaned, even though I'd like to go on it to protect against Type II
(wanted to before the lowered glucose tolerance was found, definitely
think I need to now). Its only given if you want to TTC here, from I

what
I gather.

foresees trips to Germany to keep her steady supply flowing after the
move How ironic!

Then they get all jumpy about you taking it while TTC and I
think I'm a rarity to get the agreement to take it during the first
trimester. Possibly a first locally.

How helpful are the people at Verity, have you tapped into that
resource?