Baby Name Poll :)

Old May 9th 04, 01:54 PM
Sophie

Default Baby Name Poll :)

"Ms. Fonebone" wrote in message
om...
Hiya,
I'm 3-1/2 months along...

Do you like/dislike the following names:
Simone (girl)
Derek (boy)

Also, can you think of a good middle name for Simone? I'm stumped!!
Our last name begins with an "L" and has 2 syllables.

Thanks!
Randilynn

I like both names. I actually suggested Simone this time but my husband
said "too French" - lol.

As for middle names - do you have one? You could use that as the girl's
middle name. Use your husband's middle name for the boy's middle name, or a
maiden name from your family tree, or your maiden name.

Old May 9th 04, 06:51 PM
Ms. Fonebone

I like both names. I actually suggested Simone this time but my husband
said "too French" - lol.

As for middle names - do you have one? You could use that as the girl's
middle name. Use your husband's middle name for the boy's middle name, or a
maiden name from your family tree, or your maiden name.

LOl about your husband... tell him that it's also a Hebrew name (I
looked it up last night)!
Hmm... good ideas but I'm still stumped for a middle name... no good
maiden names in our families (all too funky)!
Randilynn
Old May 9th 04, 09:20 PM
Leinweber

Hi..

All I can think of is Simone Nicole L---------

I'm not hot for Derek, but it's not up to me...

: ) D
6w4d

Old May 9th 04, 11:28 PM
HollyLewis

Do you like/dislike the following names:
Simone (girl)
Derek (boy)

Also, can you think of a good middle name for Simone? I'm stumped!!
Our last name begins with an "L" and has 2 syllables.

Thanks!
Randilynn

Those are both nice names, and there are plenty of things that would work as a
middle name with Simone. What sort of names do you prefer? Is there a family
member you'd like to honor by using her name (or perhaps a feminized version of
his name) as a middle name? Are you looking for something that comes from a
particular linguistic or ethnic background? Do you care about the *meaning* of
the name (e.g., a place name that reflects where the baby was conceived, a
religious or personal characteristic name that reflects your hopes for this
baby)? Is there a name that you liked but rejected because it's too popular,
or too unusual, or too whatever, but it would work as a middle name?

Just for sounding nice together, I'd look for something with more than one
syllable; with the emphasis on the second syllable of Simone I just think it
would sound nicer. Simone Marie or Simone Elizabeth work better to my ear than
Simone Ann or Simone Lynn.

And I would avoid anything that ends in an "L" so that it doesn't run together
with your last name. Unless you come up with something you just *love* that
violates that rule -- after all, most of the time people don't use their full
names. :-)

Holly
Mom to Camden, 3yo
EDD #2 6/8/04
Old May 10th 04, 02:08 AM
Tori M.

I have a friend names Samone Elizabeth... I am guessing Simone is pronounced
the same way or simular

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04

Old May 10th 04, 02:53 AM
Alpha

Do you like/dislike the following names:
Simone (girl)
Derek (boy)

I really like Simone; not especially partial to Derek. How about a middle
name that starts with a vowel and has a 3-syllable sing-songy quality to
it, something like Simone Elena? I would stay away from a name that starts
with N because it will run together with Simone.

-- Alpha
mom to Eamon and Quinn
Old May 10th 04, 04:08 AM
Tracey

"Ms. Fonebone" wrote in message
om...

Also, can you think of a good middle name for Simone?

In my family, the general 'thing that is done' (at least for the first child
of each sex) is to either have a daughter with the mom's first name as her
middle name and a son with dad's name as his middle name, or to have a
grandparents first name as the middle name.

My brother and I each have one of our parents names as our middle name. My
nephew and my daughter each have a grandparent's name as their middle name.
My son has his father's first name as a middle name.

Around here some of the most common middle names I've heard a Marie,
Ann, Lynn and Rose. They all sound good after many first names, they are
short, easy to pronounce and flow nicely.

Old May 10th 04, 04:58 AM
A&G&K

"Sophie" wrote in message

"Ms. Fonebone" wrote in message
om...
Hiya,
I'm 3-1/2 months along...

Do you like/dislike the following names:
Simone (girl)
Derek (boy)

Also, can you think of a good middle name for Simone? I'm stumped!!
Our last name begins with an "L" and has 2 syllables.

Thanks!
Randilynn

I like both names. I actually suggested Simone this time but my husband
said "too French" - lol.

As for middle names - do you have one? You could use that as the girl's
middle name. Use your husband's middle name for the boy's middle name, or

maiden name from your family tree, or your maiden name.

Don't you just love it when they rule out a name becasue its too (insert
ethnic origin here). I pointed out to DH, that between both heritage lines,
this bub will be part Irish, German, Scottish, English, Cornish (my GGfather
would *never* say he was "English") and Polish ... so his dismissiveness of
names because they sound "too Scottish" (as is my fav boys name) is just
silly.
Amanda
(who likes the name Simone)

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old May 10th 04, 05:54 AM
Ms. Fonebone

**GREAT ideas, everyone... thanks so much
I like the name Derek because it just seems like a "cool guy's"
name--kind of funky/artistic/athletic... don't ask me why! My husband
doesn't love it either.

We are still on fence about Simone.

Our toddler son's name is Bjorn; my husband's family is Norwegian & we
went Scandinavian with baby #1.

For some reason, I pore over the baby name books & nothing jumps out
at me; good thing we have almost 6 months to decide on something... it
might just be the pregnancy-induced brain fuzz?? We find out the sex
next week, so that should help narrow things down... lol.

Randilynn

Ps. Camden is a super cool name, Holly!