Exercise and TTC

Old May 12th 04, 05:58 PM
Shannon

Default Exercise and TTC

Does anyone have any comments regarding exercising while TTC? I am a
runner and I have a club run tonight. I am 6dpo and I am concerned
about the intensity that I should be exercising at. I would like to
continue my running for as long as I possibly can. Any suggestions?

--
Shannon

Please remove -NO SPAM from email address to email me personally.

Old May 12th 04, 06:22 PM
Irrational Number

My obstetrician said that if you are used to
exercising at a certain intensity, it's okay if
you keep doing that. Just don't start doing
more than you're used to.

If I were you, though, I'd back off a bit on
the intensity, just because pregnancy takes
up a lot more energy than you'd expect (it
takes energy to build a little person). I read
somewhere that the amount of energy
expended is equivalent of climbing Half Dome
at Yosemite every day. I was completely
exhausted and fatigued in my first trimester
even though I wasn't doing much of anything.

-- Anita --

Old May 12th 04, 07:02 PM
Ilse Witch

On Wed, 12 May 2004 12:58:45 -0400, Shannon wrote:

Does anyone have any comments regarding exercising while TTC?

It is a non-issue. As long as you are not pregnant, and in most cases even
then, you can just continue your normal exercise routine. Don't worry!

--
-- I
mommy to DS (21m)