17 week Appointment

Old May 12th 04, 11:35 PM
Tori M.

Default 17 week Appointment

hi all, I had my 17 week prenantal appointment today and #2 sonagram. It is
still showing my edd as 10/28 but my midwife has decided that my dates are
probably more acurate since we had a + on an ovulation detection kit and did
the BD that day and that day only for like 3 weeks.. I know we are horrible
but anyway.. she said that due to my larger size the ultrasound could just
be off. I am just glad that at this point the baby is staying at the same
growth curve.
Next month I will have a leval 2 ultrasound to test for heart defects and
downs syndrom both have occured in Jeffs family... We turned down an offer
for the AFP and said we would refuse any amnios since we do not feel the
risk is worth it since we will not change anything about the pregnancy if it
was +.
The other thing they will be able to do is to confirm the sex of the baby
I am afraid that if this one was right then Sophie is off by 1... Today we
saw something that the dr said looked suspitiously like a scrotum. He said
at this point it is just an educated guess and that he was only 100% sure
that I was going to have a girl or a boy but he thinks this one is a boy.
He said it was not a foot or a hand since he had made sure to note where
they were before he looked. Until I know for sure I will leave both up on
my sig.
I really like the midwife I told her about the nurses at the hospital just
storming in the room and telling me I had to change positions and not
telling me why and she said she NEVER does that and if you have to change
positions she explains why and how she thinks it will help. She does not
push for drugs/no drugs and will suport breast feeding or no. I like that.

One amusing thing is that she commented that I do not have any stretch marks
from Bonnie. Lol I have so many stretch marks in general I never thought to
wonder if I had gotten any new ones.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04

Old May 13th 04, 01:05 AM
Sophie

The other thing they will be able to do is to confirm the sex of the baby

I am afraid that if this one was right then Sophie is off by 1... Today we
saw something that the dr said looked suspitiously like a scrotum.

Aawww, as long as everything's okay

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04

34 week appointment Sandi Pregnancy 1 April 24th 04 12:49 AM
28 Week appointment (in week 29 actually!) Jill Pregnancy 18 March 5th 04 09:18 PM
16 week appointment Sandi Pregnancy 11 December 21st 03 06:36 AM
31 week appointment update and question kylee Pregnancy 1 October 23rd 03 02:20 AM
35+ week ob/gyn appointment Elly Pregnancy 7 September 9th 03 11:14 PM