Running out of Milk

Old September 6th 03, 03:41 AM
Nancy P

Default Running out of Milk

"shelby" wrote in message
. ..
Hello

I am really upset . I had to return to work, and have been trying to

pump
during my breaks which has been going okay but every day I am getting less
milk. I know it is a supply and demand thing, but my 7 month old ds also
just started sleeping mostly through the night and of course that makes my
life soooo much better too, which also has made my supply go down. Than
today I got the flu, and spent the day in bed and didn't get to pump for

him
so tomorrow he has to go to the sitters with formula which is breaking my
heart. I

HELP!

very upset
Michelle, Mom to Aden 01/08/03

Michelle,

What you're describing sounds very much like what happened to me (except
that I pumped at home, too). I haven't had time to read all of the
supply (which should come back). You may be having trouble getting enough
milk from pumping, but that doesn't mean that when Aden nurses directly he
doesn't get enough.

With me, I used a Lactina and eventually, in 3 sessions I could only get
enough for one feeding. So around 9 months I started supplementing. I was
very upset about it for a while, but I got over it. Anyway, you should feel
good about what you are able to do, instead of feeling bad about what you're
not. You're doing the right thing by pumping while you're at work. Its
very hard to pull that off (IMO).

Lastly, just because you're having trouble pumping doesn't mean that you
won't be able to nurse. Its quite possible that your supply is just fine.

Good luck to you.

Nancy

Old September 6th 03, 03:41 AM
Nancy P

"shelby" wrote in message
. ..
Hello

HELP!

very upset
Michelle, Mom to Aden 01/08/03

I forgot to mention...are you eating oatmeal? That can help increase
production.

Nancy