It's slow in here!

Old July 17th 03, 02:17 AM
The Fackrell's

Default It's slow in here!

lol...ok, if I had time I was going to point out that only that one sentence
was reflective of those organizations....LOL...whew, I feel better now! it
was fun reading it though and breaking it down.....it was nice to see my
brain again! I guess there's hope of a recovery from "momma mush brain"! lol
The sad thing is that someone funded that "study"...talk about money best
used elsewhere!

--
Gwen, Designer Wraps
SAHM to James (9-98) Austin and Amber (5-02)

tired of eBay? Try these great alternatives!
www.tobuytwo.com ....auction house for families of multiples (but singletons
can use it too!)
www.familyauction.com
www.wahmall.com
www.wahmauctions.com

"H Schinske" wrote in message
Gwen ) wrote:

And the second article....HUH???!!! It's about Minorities, Adolescent,

and
low-income Moms (not even that, *just* low income black teen moms) and

how
they listen (and/or don't listen) to their moms/grandmothers!!.

I'm not talking about the validity of that study at all. I too think it

sounded
stupid and condescending. The point was that it spelled out the current
recommendations. "The American Academy of Pediatrics, the Special

Supplemental
Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), and the World

Health
Organization recommend that infants receive only breast milk or formula

for the
first 4 to 6 months of life, followed by the introduction of complementary
foods." That was the part I was focusing on.

--Helen

Old July 17th 03, 03:29 AM

"The Fackrell's" surveyed the damage, then,
boldy dove into the melee, yelling something about:

Can ya tell I had server problems today???

Well, it's certainly not slow in here anymore!! ;-)

--
Jonathan

Let us all bask in television's warm glowing warming glow.

H.S.
Old July 17th 03, 05:59 AM
Leslie

"David desJardins" wrote in message
Jonathan writes:
When did your twins/triplets begin sleeping through the night? I'm
interested in hearing your experiences.

It hasn't happened yet. They wake up once or twice each. (Perhaps once
a week, one or the other will go all night without waking up.) Last
night, Louis was awake for about two hours (2am-4am); he just wouldn't

They will be 3 in September.

David desJardins

My kids were about the same as David's with regards to sleep habits. They
turned 3 in May and have only been sleeping consistently through the night
for a few months now. It's not so bad now, since when they do wake up, they
just come crawl in my bed and go back to sleep. Until 18 months or so, they
woke up every 2-4 hours. After that, when they weaned off of breastfeeding,
they started waking every 4-5 hours. I've heard that bottle fed babies tend
to sleep through earlier, but I don't have experience with that.

Leslie
Alex and Jordan, 3 years old

Old July 20th 03, 07:50 PM
Ellen Kmetz

It's amazing how different children can be from one another. My twins
are the same age as yours, and I don't think either one has slept 12
hours straight in their entire lives. They rarely sleep 12 hours out of
24, even including a nap. (I assume yours take a nap, too?)

David,

Alex still takes a 2-hr. nap but B. will only nap about once a week, on the
couch for an hour or so. I guess we will never know what makes some kids
longer (I hate to use the word "better") sleepers than others...I guess some
just don't require as much sleep.

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95
Bradley & Alex 10/5/00

Old July 20th 03, 08:53 PM
David desJardins

Ellen Kmetz writes:
It's amazing how different children can be from one another. My twins
are the same age as yours, and I don't think either one has slept 12
hours straight in their entire lives. They rarely sleep 12 hours out of
24, even including a nap. (I assume yours take a nap, too?)

Alex still takes a 2-hr. nap but B. will only nap about once a week,
on the couch for an hour or so. I guess we will never know what makes
some kids longer (I hate to use the word "better") sleepers than
others... I guess some just don't require as much sleep.

Or don't sleep as soundly (although you would think that would mean they
would sleep longer to make up for it). Louis is a very restless
sleeper, and Sarah has night terrors and seems generally uncomfortable
with nighttime. But that doesn't seem to mean more sleep, and they
don't seem tired during the day (for the most part). Go figure.

Thanks for not saying "better sleeper". I hate that, too.

David desJardins

need slow cooker cookbook glunk General 5 July 8th 04 10:19 PM
slow amniotic fluid leak? Abi Pregnancy 5 February 11th 04 12:56 AM
Geez! I can be slow, sometimes! DeliciousTruffles Breastfeeding 7 January 20th 04 06:41 PM
Slow heart beat Welches Pregnancy 8 October 15th 03 06:58 PM
[OT] When Does the Shedding Slow Down? Belphoebe Breastfeeding 10 July 21st 03 02:21 PM