bowel movement trouble

Old March 25th 04, 01:40 PM
Ralph Flikweert

Default bowel movement trouble

good morning! yesterday my dd was having problems having a bm...she would
push and cry a bit when going. Everytime I changed her diaper she had a
little poo in her diaper..it was not hard so I do not believe she is
constipated but I am concerned. Before yesterday she had not gone in 3
days...which was fairly common over the last month or so..but now she seems
to be having problems....did anybody have a similar experience or does
anybody have any advice. If it does not get any better I will take her to
the Dr. but I wanted to here from you if there was any advice..thanx
michelle and mikayla

Old March 25th 04, 01:48 PM
nina

How old is she and is she completely breastfed?
If she is completely breasfted, it is normal to go only occasionally. Some
straining is also normal.
If she isnt, then she may be constipated, depending on if the stool is hard
when it finally comes.

. cable.rogers.com...

Old March 25th 04, 03:26 PM
Ralph Flikweert

sorry she is just over 3 months..she is exclusively breast fed and the stool
is soft..it is firmer then when she was newborn but not hard...she is
otherwise content but every hour she strains and a little bit comes out.
...michelle and mikayla

Old March 25th 04, 03:49 PM
iphigenia

Ralph Flikweert wrote:
sorry she is just over 3 months..she is exclusively breast fed and
the stool is soft..it is firmer then when she was newborn but not
hard...she is otherwise content but every hour she strains and a
little bit comes out.

Sounds pretty normal, then. Her digestive system is maturing, and as she
poops less often, she has to work harder to get it out. Have you tried
bicycling her legs or holding her so that she's sitting on your arm with her
legs drawn up toward her chest?

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net

Old March 25th 04, 04:14 PM
Ralph Flikweert

yes i tried that and it definitely helps..i also rub her belly and it seems
to help. I guess eventually she will get used to the fact that it is not as
loose and it will come naturally...it is just strange that it is coming bit
by bit.
michelle and mikayla

Old March 25th 04, 05:03 PM
zolw

Well, with your daughter being 3 months I don't think I can help. BUT 2
things I wanted to say...
1- You may still want to check with her doctor. Take the last dirty
diaper with you. He/she can determine more if this is normal or if there
is anything that can help her go.

2- Also check with her doctor if this would mean her having problems
going in the future. From experience, I know that it can be real
painful. Most of my childhood, I could not go I would stay up to 7
days without going & then my parents would have to pay our doctor a
visit, to relief my constipation. I was a very active kid (from tennis,
to swimming, to jogging etc. So, I was getting my exercise).

Good luck, I feel for you. If my daughter (due 07-31-04) was having
problems going, my heart would be breaking for her. The poor little thing.