solids strike?

Old March 25th 04, 11:50 PM
FayeC

Default solids strike?

DD, now 13 months, has been a good eater on and off....I mean that she will
eat very well (3 meals + 2-3 snacks/day) then go on a solids strike for a
week or so.....then back to eating well and then strike again....
Is this common or normal?
I am getting extremely worried this week as she will not have more than a
spoon or bite of anything. She already eats table food and finger foods and
she will take little bites of cheese or bread here and there but nothing
else goes......
Should I just stop offering for a while??? I am worried that if I continue
to try feeding her she will become averse to feeding time for good.....
My DS (10 years) is a picky eater since he was about 8 months and I thought
I had skipped that with DD.......:P
Any tips and advice are welcome....

Thanks in advance,

FayeC

Old March 26th 04, 12:06 AM
HollyLewis

[...]

I've heard of kids who go on 'food strike' when they're teething. Does there
seem to be any connection in your DD's case?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Make food available to her at regular
times and let her decide whether and how much to eat.

Holly
Mom to Camden, 3yo
EDD #2 6/8/04
Old March 26th 04, 02:40 PM
Nikki

FayeC wrote:
DD, now 13 months, has been a good eater on and off....I mean that
she will eat very well (3 meals + 2-3 snacks/day) then go on a solids
strike for a week or so.....then back to eating well and then strike
again.... Is this common or normal?

It was normal for my oldest son only he didn't have any good days until he
was closer to 15 months :-) He was always healthy and grew fine etc.

Should I just stop offering for a while??? I am worried that if I
continue to try feeding her she will become averse to feeding time
for good.....

I continued to offer food at every meal time but I let him feed himself so
there was no pressure on him to eat. He still has days in a row where he
hardly eats anything and he'll be 5 next month.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Delaying solids and peer pressure [email protected] Breastfeeding 11 January 10th 04 01:36 AM
Not offering solids yet?! Andrea Breastfeeding 8 December 5th 03 07:57 PM
We stopped solids! Andrea Breastfeeding 15 October 27th 03 10:34 PM
poop, solids vent.. ted Breastfeeding 3 August 14th 03 04:44 PM
solids and a 6 month old DavesFatChick Breastfeeding 4 July 28th 03 08:21 PM