It's official....

Old September 19th 04, 01:54 PM
Sophie

Default It's official....

"Plissken" wrote in message
news:Hv73d.449710$M95.439088@pd7tw1no...
I'm showing quite obviously at 17 weeks. I went from not showing at all to
obviously pregnant in 1 week! I was out shopping tonight and the cashier
asked me if I knew what I was having. I haven't even had my ultrasound

yet!
I was tempted to burst into tears and tell her I wasn't pregnant, but that
would have been mean ;-)

Nadene

Lol - you have no idea how badly I've wanted to do that too

Old September 19th 04, 03:28 PM
Nan

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 04:00:39 GMT, "Plissken"
scribbled:

I'm showing quite obviously at 17 weeks. I went from not showing at all to
obviously pregnant in 1 week! I was out shopping tonight and the cashier
asked me if I knew what I was having. I haven't even had my ultrasound yet!
I was tempted to burst into tears and tell her I wasn't pregnant, but that
would have been mean ;-)

Hehe.
I almost did that to a lady that exclaimed, "you look like you're
about ready to pop!" when I was 32 weeks.

Nan
Old September 19th 04, 10:25 PM
Kelly

Isn't that tempting (when other times we wish people would notice and not
raise a brow thinking we are quite thick these days).. The other day at work
someone whispered that they didn't know I was pregnant. I was totally
tempted to whisper back "I'm not." Followed by a just kidding! of course.
But that's mean. Sort of.

Kelly

Old September 20th 04, 02:09 AM
kim in cville

Back a few months ago, someone *did* mistake me for pregnant, which was
doubly distressing because not only had I not gained weight, but we *were*
trying and had not yet succeeded. (The consensus from from friends was that
the clothes she had seen me in, i.e., running tights and a baggy tshirt,
were not the most flattering, and I do sort of have some extra tummy skin
from a weight *loss* that I have maintained...).
In any case, we did succeed the following month and are now just over 10
weeks
So I'm sitting in anticipation of it becoming obvious and I can't wait until
someone notices
--Kim

Old September 20th 04, 05:08 AM
Kelly

Oh, Congratulations, then!!!

I have a few really cute wrap shirts that are nonmaternity and I wore them
in the spring. Then, I wondered if they made me look pregnant or because
they were wrap style people would think I was. When I did squeeze into one
early in my pregnancy, my hubby made the comment about how obvious I was
being that I was pregnant. Argh. You can't win

Kelly

Old September 20th 04, 04:15 PM
Elle

"Plissken" wrote in message news:Hv73d.449710$M95.439088@pd7tw1no...
I'm showing quite obviously at 17 weeks. I went from not showing at all to
obviously pregnant in 1 week! I was out shopping tonight and the cashier
asked me if I knew what I was having. I haven't even had my ultrasound yet!
I was tempted to burst into tears and tell her I wasn't pregnant, but that
would have been mean ;-)

Nadene

Oh I am jealous! I suppose you are wearing maternity clothes too?

I'm almost 19 weeks and not visibly pregnant. Well when I'm naked me &
my husband can tell but I still fit into almost all my regular pants.
No way is anyone guessing I'm pg. Worries me that something might be
wrong, like it's not growing? I keep telling it to go ahead and
stretch out but so far nothing.

When is your u/s? Mine's Wednesday. I had the nuchal fold scan at 12
weeks and it looked perfect, so I hope all's well with this one too.
Maybe it's just curled up like a fiddlehead in there.

Elle
Old September 21st 04, 06:30 AM
Kelly

Elle-
We must have similar EDC's. I, too, have my US on Wednesday. For the
record, I am well into maternity clothes and haven't seen regular clothes in
awhile! One day you'll wake up and POP-you too will be in maternity
clothes! Have fun on Wednesday!

Kelly

"Elle" wrote in message
m...

Old September 21st 04, 03:46 PM
Plissken

"Elle" wrote in message
m...

Oh I am jealous! I suppose you are wearing maternity clothes too?

I'm almost 19 weeks and not visibly pregnant. Well when I'm naked me &
my husband can tell but I still fit into almost all my regular pants.
No way is anyone guessing I'm pg. Worries me that something might be
wrong, like it's not growing? I keep telling it to go ahead and
stretch out but so far nothing.

When is your u/s? Mine's Wednesday. I had the nuchal fold scan at 12
weeks and it looked perfect, so I hope all's well with this one too.
Maybe it's just curled up like a fiddlehead in there.

Elle

Yes I am wearing maternity clothes although I have a few pants that were on
the bigger side that I can still get into. Keep in mind this is my second
pregnancy within two years so I am showing MUCH sooner than with my first.
With my first I was wearing maternity clothes at about 5.5-6 months along.
Also I was wearing maternity overalls when the cashier made the comment.
These could make anyone look pregnant )

I had my ultrasound yesterday (a little early if you ask me) and our dates
seem to be bang on. We chose not to find out the sex. I prefer the element
of surprise. It's funny how the first pregnancy is so different from the
second. I was crying at my first ultrasound with my DD but not one tear this
time. It's still exciting but not quite the same. I guess the second time
around you have a toddler to take care of so you aren't as focused on the
pregnancy.

Hope all goes well with your ultrasound Elle!

Nadene

Old September 21st 04, 10:56 PM
Elle

"Kelly" wrote in message ...
Elle-
We must have similar EDC's. I, too, have my US on Wednesday. For the
record, I am well into maternity clothes and haven't seen regular clothes in
awhile! One day you'll wake up and POP-you too will be in maternity
clothes! Have fun on Wednesday!

Kelly

I'm due Feb 16. Have fun on Wednesday too!

Elle
Old September 21st 04, 11:03 PM
Elle

"Plissken" wrote in message news:09X3d.63990$%S.20077@pd7tw2no...

Yes I am wearing maternity clothes although I have a few pants that were on
the bigger side that I can still get into. Keep in mind this is my second
pregnancy within two years so I am showing MUCH sooner than with my first.
With my first I was wearing maternity clothes at about 5.5-6 months along.

That is reassuring to me, thank you

I had my ultrasound yesterday (a little early if you ask me) and our dates
seem to be bang on. We chose not to find out the sex. I prefer the element
of surprise. It's funny how the first pregnancy is so different from the
second. I was crying at my first ultrasound with my DD but not one tear this
time. It's still exciting but not quite the same. I guess the second time
around you have a toddler to take care of so you aren't as focused on the
pregnancy.

Well this is my fifth pregnancy but the other four didn't work out, so
I had plenty of crying at those ultrasounds but for the wrong reasons
:/ Definitely some of the magic is gone, I guess it was just too
much. My DH really wants to know the sex; I think it will help make it
more real to us. I totally don't care whether it is a boy or girl,
just want a baby at the end, but I think my DH might need a little
more info to help him wrap his head around the reality that we will
likely actually be parents next year!

Hope all goes well with your ultrasound Elle!

Thanks!