Fern Shows Evidence for Tighter Laws on Child Discipline: was DHR Nebraska uses restraints, food deprivation foster care

Old February 1st 05, 06:35 AM
bobb

"Greegor" wrote in message
oups.com...
So now you people are trying to say that the kids
lost in the system are not like RILYA, lost in the
paperwork, but they are ALL runaways?

Did you think US citizens would believe that?

But even if it was TRUE, the nitwits at CPS
ought to get off their hindquarters and
FIND THOSE RUNAWAYS!

Calling them all runaways does NOT ABSOLVE
CPS agencies of their responsibilities to those kids!

I'd like to hear the CYA reasoning that
lets CPS wash their hands when a kid in state
custody runs away!

Actually, Greg, you're right. It's presumed they ran away. It's been my
experience when it is a confirmed runaway DCFS will not become involved. A
police report has been made and it's left to the police to attempt
apprehension.

bobb

Old February 1st 05, 07:14 AM
Rocky MoRahn

"bobb" bob@somewhere wrote in message

"Greegor" wrote in message
oups.com...
So now you people are trying to say that the kids
lost in the system are not like RILYA, lost in the
paperwork, but they are ALL runaways?

Did you think US citizens would believe that?

But even if it was TRUE, the nitwits at CPS
ought to get off their hindquarters and
FIND THOSE RUNAWAYS!

Calling them all runaways does NOT ABSOLVE
CPS agencies of their responsibilities to those kids!

I'd like to hear the CYA reasoning that
lets CPS wash their hands when a kid in state
custody runs away!

Actually, Greg, you're right. It's presumed they ran away. It's been my
experience when it is a confirmed runaway DCFS will not become involved.

police report has been made and it's left to the police to attempt
apprehension.

bobb

This is what I got a good belly laugh over:

kane wrote:Oh. The parents can't find them. Their friends can't find them.
The
police can't find them but you seem to think CPS has special talents
and a mandate to find them.
Surprise! No psychics at CPS, and NO mandate to find runaways beyond
what they do, check out the last known locations, talk with friends and
family, and NOTIFY THE POLICE THROUGH A MISSING CHILD REPORT.
You seem to forget...states are limited at the state line.
http://tinyurl.com/5vdbp

And then for reading pleasure from way back in '02 (and this only in Florida
state):
"The department was further embarrassed in August when the South Florida
Sun-Sentinel found nine missing children by checking public records and
other routing footwork."
http://tinyurl.com/4plhz
(so much for Kane's "limited" theory.)
are are are are.

Rocky

Old February 3rd 05, 11:48 PM
Greegor

Can the BIO PARENTS file a missing persons
report with the FBI when their kid runs away
from Foster Care?

At nthe point the kid becomes a runaway, do
the parents get their parental right to
file missing persons BACK?

We tried to file a missing persons once
when the caretakers thumbed their noses at
the state people and scampered off,
WENT AWOL.

The child's own mother could not even file one!

VERY convenient for the putz caseworkers!

How many of the runaways posted on the big
board in Wal Mart or TV shows are not just
runaways, but runaways FROM FOSTER CARE?

I have never seen one that said
"ran away from Foster care".
Never on the TV shows, never at Wal Mart.
I see LOTS that are
"abducted by non custodial parent"
which might INCLUDE Foster Care runaways,
but would also include divorce feuds.

If all 19,000 lost kids from FOSTER CARE
were listed on those TV shows, web sites
and Wal Mart listings, they'd need a pretty
BIG billboard to post them all!

Old February 4th 05, 12:42 AM
Kane

Greegor wrote:
Can the BIO PARENTS file a missing persons
report with the FBI when their kid runs away
from Foster Care?

Do you never look anything up yourself? Do you know what it would cost
you to call the local office of the FBI in your state and ask? Most
likely in your areas, zero. So call and tell us.

At nthe point the kid becomes a runaway, do
the parents get their parental right to
file missing persons BACK?

Why not call DHS in Iowa and ask?

We tried to file a missing persons once
when the caretakers thumbed their noses at
the state people and scampered off,
WENT AWOL.

Kind of answering your own question by your experience, or you are
fishing for material for a law suit, right?

The child's own mother could not even file one!

VERY convenient for the putz caseworkers!

How would the be convenient for the caseworkers?
To do what?

To keep bio parents from harrassing foster parents?

How many of the runaways posted on the big
board in Wal Mart or TV shows are not just
runaways, but runaways FROM FOSTER CARE?

Why not ask the people that put them up?

Although I've not seen any that said they were, and in the TV shows
that would be a bit hard to avoid.

I have never seen one that said
"ran away from Foster care".

Yep. There are other means of reporting those. A police report is
required in most states.

Never on the TV shows, never at Wal Mart.
I see LOTS that are
"abducted by non custodial parent"
which might INCLUDE Foster Care runaways,
but would also include divorce feuds.

It might. Do you feel it necessary to air all the laundry in public?

If all 19,000 lost kids from FOSTER CARE
were listed on those TV shows, web sites
and Wal Mart listings, they'd need a pretty
BIG billboard to post them all!

It would be pretty silly given the website that was posted here for you
showing hundreds upon hundreds of "missing foster kids" in just one
state who were teen runaways.

Kane

Old February 4th 05, 04:37 PM
bobb

"Kane" wrote in message
ups.com...

Greegor wrote:
[...]

Seems like we need a new definition for runaway. Runaway used to imply
from home... the bio-home. Missing used to imply unaccounted for. Abducts
was in the worse sense.. taken by a stranger.

Today we have children 'abducted' from their own parent who maybe "runway"
to be with the other parent and at the same time be 'missing' from the rolls
of CPS.

The poor kid gets no choice in the matter.

bobb

Old February 4th 05, 09:38 PM
Greegor

Heavens no Kane!
WHY would I want to air the dirty laundry of
the Child Protection INDUSTRY? (evil grin)

Let's not wonder how many runaways are
kids who never actually ran away, but are
going to end up like the BOSS kid, found
under a basement floor?

You are very eager to remove kids which
causes them a known harm, and often destroys
families, all in the name of THE KIDS,
so why are you so shy about airing "dirty laundry"
when it comes to 19,000 kids who are missing
from Foster Care?

Presuming them to be runaways is quite
an easy out for the STATE AGENCIES.

How long can these runaways exist
now that fake ID's are difficult, and
everything from jobs to welfare involves
computer records easily traced?

How many years will they be missing
before somebody realizes they are under
some Foster caretakers concrete basement floor?

Why aren't you using lots of PATHOS on
this issue, Kane?

Is it to your advantage, somehow,
to have such large numbers of runaways?
Did you find a way to profit from it?

How much money is out there for
programs for runaways?

Old February 4th 05, 11:23 PM
Kane

Greegor wrote:
Heavens no Kane!
WHY would I want to air the dirty laundry of
the Child Protection INDUSTRY? (evil grin)

As I've so often claimed here, and obviously correctly, you have no
concern for parents, or children. I doubt anyone missed that I was
talking about the children and their families.

If you didn't missed it, and you just wanted to make like of a child's
confidentiality, and you really meant to expose innocent children to
more publicity maybe this would be a good spot to retract.

Let's not wonder how many runaways are
kids who never actually ran away, but are
going to end up like the BOSS kid, found
under a basement floor?

I didn't say I wanted the number hidden, only the details about the
child and her or his family. I'm not only a supporter of more careful
handling of privacy for families and children, I put my ass on the line
by writing letters to various states about it and inquiring, pointedly,
face to face, with adminstrators, legislators, and workers, especially
anyone involved in making up such listings and putting them on the web.

I am willing, since the list in question is missing children, to go
with using their real names, and photos of their faces, but digging
into the cases I am very much against, and it has nothing to do with
CPS involvement.

You are very eager to remove kids which
causes them a known harm, and often destroys
families, all in the name of THE KIDS,

No, I'm not in the least eager to remove kids and err often on the side
of the family, which I later regret if I hear the child was reabused.
None of us are perfect.

so why are you so shy about airing "dirty laundry"
when it comes to 19,000 kids who are missing
from Foster Care?

Where did I say I was shy about airing that 19,000 are missing? I
plainly said I did not what the child and family "laundry aired."

Here's what I replied to and how I replied:

"
Never on the TV shows, never at Wal Mart.
I see LOTS that are
"abducted by non custodial parent"
which might INCLUDE Foster Care runaways,
but would also include divorce feuds.

It might. Do you feel it necessary to air all the laundry in public?
"

Children in foster care are not automatically disenrolled when they run
away. The state is still responsible for their privacy concerns. Seeing
their last name displayed gives me the willies, though I understand
that need to use it to help find them, because it exposes both the
child to the public knowing they came from an abusive or neglectful
family, and the family itself if they were innocent of abuse, and the
relatives as well to the many questions like I sometimes as here
without naming names....."where the hell were you when that child
needed you?"

Still haven't figured it out?

So again, I ask you, why would you want a child who is a ward of the
state, with so much that that entails in the way of assumptions about
them and their entire family, exposed to national advertising and
listings?

Presuming them to be runaways is quite
an easy out for the STATE AGENCIES.

I couldn't say. And last I saw it isn't an "out" now is it? It's a way
of seeing their failure to keep a child in the system. And I don't see
them reluctant to say so...since the page we looked at listing the
runaways was, as I recall, a state sponsored page.

So, tell me, "out" from what?

How long can these runaways exist
now that fake ID's are difficult,

What planet are you on? The current levels of technology allow for
gaining false identity by theft very easily these days. Or fake ones
for that matter. I can do things with a photo enhancing program you
wouldn't believe, including putting a head of one person on the body of
another and I would defy the best technicions to identify the point of
joining.

We can reduce photos the thousands upon thousands of pixels per inch,
manipulated the joining at the pixel level, then later destroying that
photo, blow it back up to the normal coarse numbers of pixels and you
cannot detect a thing. No one can unless they can get the photos that
were manipulated, and they would be gone.

As for the details of creating a false ID, will I won't go into detail
but it can be found on the Internet. And I've noticed a lot of kids
have a bit of knowledge about computers and their use, haven't you?

I was just reading about a 22 year old professional video "gamer"
making about $500,000 a year, along with other gamers. And look at the
age of the criminal crackers that are caught and imagine the thousands
upon thousands of them not caught...who would likely be more than happy
to help a fellow teen with ID.

and
everything from jobs to welfare involves
computer records easily traced?

Never heard of working off the books?

And if the teen was so stupid as to go into a wefare office the first
thing I were I as the clerk, looking at the pics taped to the counter
where I can see them and the teen can't, would ask is, "Are you kin to
greegor the whore?"

How many years will they be missing
before somebody realizes they are under
some Foster caretakers concrete basement floor?

Are you suggesting that all missing children from foster care requires
a basement floow dig up?

Why aren't you using lots of PATHOS on
this issue, Kane?

Because "PATHOS" is being incorrectly used by you to make a point that
I'm not.

Have you ever seen me excuse any injury to a child? Have you see you
and your cronies demand that there be "more evidence" before opening an
investigation?

Who's the child haters here, greegor?

Ever seen me excuse a foster parent for injury or killing of a child?

Is it to your advantage, somehow,
to have such large numbers of runaways?

I have this tract of land behind the house.

Did you find a way to profit from it?

They plant it with a genetic clone of pineapple chromosomes on tequila.
We market the fruit as "Colada"

Makin' a fortune.

How much money is out there for
programs for runaways?

Not enough to my way of thinking. And it should be much more proactive.
Including for foster kids. I've donated to both free health clinics
that serve runaways, and served as a volunteer in counseling centers
that, among their walkins, include runaways. We never asked if they
were foster kids.

And, except for a terribly underpaid part time clerical person, no one,
from director on down, made a dime..and certainly no profit.

I did it first as a college student, and later as a professional.

You really have trouble with people that actually do something for
society and a living, don't you, greegor? YOu sit here bitching about
their supposed failures, while you don't even take a chance of failing.

That's what I consider cowardice. They may be sometimes wrong, greegor,
but they have the guts to try.

And they succeed or child abuse would not be down.

Kane

Old February 4th 05, 11:31 PM
Greegor

Are you saying that ""invasion of privacy"" by printing
the fact the kid ran away FROM FOSTER CARE?

Considering there are 19,000 of them, could
it BE that the PR might be a problem??

Maybe??

Old February 5th 05, 12:28 AM
Kane

Greegor wrote:
Are you saying that ""invasion of privacy"" by printing
the fact the kid ran away FROM FOSTER CARE?

Considering there are 19,000 of them, could
it BE that the PR might be a problem??

Not my problem when it comes to children's privacy. As I've posted here
before I don't even approve of putting them up on adoption websites
when they no longer have legal parents, other than the state.

Maybe??

Darn'd if I know. I just don't assume malice or malciousness by the
state.

You do.

So?

Given that the state put UP the website, how would this prove that the
state has the same concern with privacy I do. And that they are
concerned about negative PR because of missing children?

Don't YOU have things a bit backward? Or are you claiming I have
something to gain, PR wise, by wanting to conceal the children's
identity as foster children?

Personally I wish they would simply list them as missing and dispence
with any connection to the state to avoid embarassing the children.
Kids do NOT like to be ID'd as foster kids. It makes other kids, and
few insensitive adults ask, "what's wrong with your parents?"

Nice to see you are still as vicious as always and unable to think of
anything or anyone in other than ways that foster your sickness.

Kane

Old February 9th 05, 10:55 PM
Greegor

But shouldn't people looking for the kids
know that they ran away from FOSTER CARE
and not their parents?

Certainly such details would be at least as
helpful as many other details broadcast far
and wide.