Million Dads March this weekend in D.C.

Old June 23rd 03, 01:20 PM
Mel Gamble

Default Million Dads March this weekend in D.C.

Hmmm....

"Mel Gamble" wrote in message
So this is the "topless" thing Tracy referred to...guess I was better off

with
the pups anyway... : )

Talking about puppies... I was talking to a young lady (9 year old) about
your puppies. No, she can't have one. Dad won't let her - but... it would
be fun to let her play with a bunch of puppies (hint hint). Unfortunately I
won't have time until the July 4th weekend, or maybe Monday. I don't know
if she'll want to go Monday. Now that foal, her and I want, but there is
this dad-thing. LOL

A GOOD dad would let his girl have a horse : )

..... AND a puppy : )

me bad

I won't tell...it's our secret....

Mel Gamble

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Mel Gamble

"Tracy" wrote in message
newsh7Ia.67315$YZ2.229404@rwcrnsc53...
"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message
thlink.net...

"Tracy" wrote in message
"Mel Gamble" wrote in message
He's just ****ed 'cause he can't understand all the fuss over
Father's
Day...means nothing to him.

agree... He acts like a man-hating dyke, not a father - not a man.

btw - do you know who the organizers of the parade are? I wouldn't
mind
contacting them concerning their choice of Sundays to march through
Portland's streets. I would like to know if they would consider
moving
it
to another Sunday.

See Pride Northwest at http://www.pridenw.org/

From:
http://www.pridenw.org/faqs.asp#4

*******
Why is Pride on Father's Day weekend?

Pride was originally scheduled on the third weekend in June. As

Waterfront
Park has become more popular, and more events reserve weekends in the
summer, it is increasingly harder to find a free weekend. In addition,

the
parks have a strict maintenance schedule and are very careful about

giving
enough time between events for turf remediation. If we hadn't had the
tradition of reserving the third weekend, we would have a hard time
scheduling Waterfront Park at all. Although the event does conflict

with
Father's Day, it would be nearly impossible to hold it at any other

time.
*******

They have a 'contact' page. I'll work on what I want to say over the

next
few days. Personally today is not a good day for me, and I would have

difficult time being polite when addressing this issue. I need to
personal
quiet time alone to think. If anyone else is interested in voicing

their
opinion concerning their answer to the Father's Day question, feel free

do so. Here are some email addresses you may find helpful: Pride NW
Board -
staff at pridenw.org; Board President - president at pridenw.org;

Parade
Coordinator - parade at pridenw.org.

Here's my favorite FAQ regarding their overt public displays of sexuality
that my OP referred to:

Why does Pride Northwest allow women to be topless at the event?
Why are there scantily clad men in the parade?
Why are there kink and leather-oriented people in the parade?

Pride Northwest provides a venue for members of the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay,
Bisexual, Transgender) communities to gather, celebrate, disseminate
information and enjoy one another. These communities vary widely, and

people
come from many different backgrounds and hold many different beliefs.
Therefore, Pride Northwest is not responsible for the opinions and

actions
of each and every person who attends the event. We have a freedom of
expression policy that states that as long as people are not breaking the
law, or demeaning or degrading one another, they are free to do, as they
like. In Portland, it is not illegal for women to go topless in public,

so
they are free to do so at the Pride events. Pride encourages all of its
attendees to express themselves as they choose, and to remind people that

we
have to be tolerant of one another. The event belongs to everyone in the
LGBT communities, and we don't always agree on things.

They also make a big deal of stating the "Dyke March" by the Lesbian
Avengers is not an official part of their event, but they respect their
freedom of expression under their big tolerance tent. Too bad the dykes

in
the Lesbian Avengers hate men so much they cannot accept the fact they

have
a father.

Old June 23rd 03, 05:03 PM
Tracy

"Mel Gamble" wrote in message
Hmmm....

"Mel Gamble" wrote in message
So this is the "topless" thing Tracy referred to...guess I was better

off
with
the pups anyway... : )

Talking about puppies... I was talking to a young lady (9 year old) about
your puppies. No, she can't have one. Dad won't let her - but... it

would
be fun to let her play with a bunch of puppies (hint hint).

Unfortunately I
won't have time until the July 4th weekend, or maybe Monday. I don't

know
if she'll want to go Monday. Now that foal, her and I want, but there

is
this dad-thing. LOL

A GOOD dad would let his girl have a horse : )

Yup

.... AND a puppy : )

and another yup.

She'll get her horse & puppy in due time. First the sale of his home down
south, then the move. Shortly after that - the horses and puppies.

me bad

I won't tell...it's our secret....

LOL - well, he already knows I can be bad in a good way. *big grin*

Tracy
~~~~~~~