Republicans criticize state's foster care and child servicessystem

Old December 7th 07, 05:57 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.adoption,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,misc.kids,alt.support.foster-parents
fx

Default Republicans criticize state's foster care and child servicessystem

wrote:
Corrigan said. "We know that there are many more
deaths than made the newspapers."

State cannot say how many foster children die each year, even though a
state law that took effect in 2004 requires counties to release the
names, dates of birth, and dates of death for these children. The new
law is not being followed by all. There's no way to get more
information without going to the courts,it's extraordinarily difficult
for the public to learn who in the system is dying and why. There is
absolutely no reason why an advocacy group, a newspaper, an elected
official, or any other concerned member of the public should have to
go to court to find out what happened when a foster youth dies. The
Department of Social Services keeps all names confidential .Imagine --
our state's most vulnerable children, betrayed by a state system that
was supposed to protect them -- and we have no idea who they are.

These are the stories of some of those children. There is a story
behind each picture, real story about one short life....Please take a
couple of minutes to look around and see what are we talking about.
- May the spirits of those lost rest in peace and may we never
forget or ignore what happened to them.-

http://suncanaa.com/in_memory_

Ellen

Hi! Ellen Thank you for posting the link! FX