Child Support, Separation and Welfare

Old July 27th 04, 08:01 PM
emankato1

Default Child Support, Separation and Welfare

I have been separated from my wife for 6 months and we have a 2 years
old child. During the 6 months she never worked and she applied for
Welfare (Medical assistance, Food Stamps.. ) for my daughter and
herself without my permission, She told them that I left and I don't
support my child. But I always asked her if I can take my daughter to
live with me but she refused, I can't force her to. Now we are back
together but the Government sent me a Letter telling me that I have to
pay my wife $1,000 and I have to pay the Governement $600 for both the
assistant my wife and my daughter got. They sent me some paperwork
stating that I have to pay those amounts otherwise I have the right to
a hearing. My wife and I were NOT legaly separated and I don't
understand why they just assumed that my daughter was living with my
wife and not with me and that I didn't provide for her. Maybe just
because I'm a MAN?
I called and told them that I have never given them the Permission to
support my Daughter, they said I didn't have to.
Does this sound Fair? Should I pay them or go through the Hearing
process?
Thank you for your advice
Old July 27th 04, 08:32 PM
Bob

emankato1 wrote:
[...]

Yes, it's only becasue your a man. The C$ system is totally sexist.

The good side is that in a "community property" state, you can pay the
$1,000 money to your wife with money that is half hers, and the money
she gets paid is half yours.

The bad side is that you still have to pay the $600 to the government
for their hate tax. Find out what her name is. Find out where she
lives. Kill her at home some night. She lives by herself, no man would
have a C$ dyke bitch.

I called and told them that I have never given them the Permission to
support my Daughter, they said I didn't have to.
Does this sound Fair? Should I pay them or go through the Hearing
process?
Thank you for your advice

Of course it's not fair, it's totally sexist and based on anti-men hate.
That is it's purpose.

Welcome to the MEN's club. Remember this experience next time you hear
anyone use the term "feminism," or suggests voting for feminist whores
like Kerry.

Bob

--

When did we divide into sides?

"As president, I will put American government and our legal system back
on the side of women." John Kerry, misandrist Democratic candidate for
President. http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/women/

[Bob does not advocate any illegal, seditious, or immoral acts. All
posts are for discussion, rhetorical, or humorous purposes only.]

Old July 27th 04, 09:45 PM
Indyguy1

emankato wrote:

I have been separated from my wife for 6 months and we have a 2 years
old child. During the 6 months she never worked

Was she working when you left her?

and she applied for
Welfare (Medical assistance, Food Stamps.. ) for my daughter and
herself without my permission,

She doesn't need your permission to apply for welfare or for anything else for
that matter.

She told them that I left and I don't
support my child.

Well, were you supporting your child?

But I always asked her if I can take my daughter to
live with me but she refused, I can't force her to.

You could have taken her at any point, providing there was no custody order in
place.

Now we are back
together

Why did you leave?

but the Government sent me a Letter telling me that I have to
pay my wife $1,000 and I have to pay the Governement $600 for both the
assistant my wife and my daughter got. They sent me some paperwork
stating that I have to pay those amounts otherwise I have the right to
a hearing. My wife and I were NOT legaly separated and I don't
understand why they just assumed that my daughter was living with my
wife and not with me and that I didn't provide for her. Maybe just
because I'm a MAN?

LOL, yeah that's it. insert eye roll

Really if she applied for welfare and got it and the child was living with her
and you weren't supporting your child then she did nothing wrong and you should
probably pay the money back. I'd assume you have a nice sum of $$$ saved up
since you didn't support your family for 6 months, right?

I called and told them that I have never given them the Permission to
support my Daughter, they said I didn't have to.
Does this sound Fair?

Fair? What wasn't fair is that you left your wife and child and didn't do jack
to contribute to your child's support.

Should I pay them or go through the Hearing
process?

Pay and save yourself a lot of time. They will get the money from you even if
you go to the hearing.

Mrs Indyguy
Thank you for your advice

Old July 27th 04, 10:12 PM
The DaveŠ

Indyguy1 wrote:
emankato wrote:

I have been separated from my wife for 6 months and we have a 2
years old child. During the 6 months she never worked

Was she working when you left her?

and she applied for
Welfare (Medical assistance, Food Stamps.. ) for my daughter and
herself without my permission,

She doesn't need your permission to apply for welfare or for anything
else for that matter.

She told them that I left and I don't
support my child.

Well, were you supporting your child?

The impression is given that she took welfare on false pretenses,
though he never actually says that. Does she need to be legally
separated or divorced to collect welfare, or does he just need to be
gone? I don't know the technicality on that one, but that's why I made
the assumption that she was taking the government money illegally.

But I always asked her if I can take my daughter to
live with me but she refused, I can't force her to.

You could have taken her at any point, providing there was no custody
order in place.

Now we are back
together

Why did you leave?

Where did he say that he left her? She told them he left, he didn't
say that or verify that.

but the Government sent me a Letter telling me that I have to
pay my wife $1,000 and I have to pay the Governement $600 for both
the assistant my wife and my daughter got. They sent me some
paperwork stating that I have to pay those amounts otherwise I have
the right to a hearing. My wife and I were NOT legaly separated and
I don't understand why they just assumed that my daughter was
living with my wife and not with me and that I didn't provide for
her. Maybe just because I'm a MAN?

LOL, yeah that's it. insert eye roll

Really if she applied for welfare and got it and the child was living
with her and you weren't supporting your child then she did nothing
wrong and you should probably pay the money back. I'd assume you have
a nice sum of $$$ saved up since you didn't support your family for 6
months, right?

Why the mother AND the government? Especially if they were still
married.

I called and told them that I have never given them the Permission
to support my Daughter, they said I didn't have to.
Does this sound Fair?

Fair? What wasn't fair is that you left your wife and child and
didn't do jack to contribute to your child's support.

Me man... I control female.

Where did it say that he left her, or that he didn't contribute, btw?
You ask the questions earlier, which are fair questions, but then start
treating the expected answers as fact when they have not yet been
established as such.

Should I pay them or go through the Hearing
process?

Pay and save yourself a lot of time. They will get the money from you
even if you go to the hearing.

Unfortunate, but probably the sad truth, even if they are wrong.

--
How come nobody uses words like "nifty", "spiffy", and "keen" anymore?