update on nursing strike

Old February 5th 04, 11:18 PM
Larry McMahan

Default update on nursing strike

hobbes writes:

: Thanks to all who responded. Any idea why my posts would show up so late?
: Would a propagation issue be something do to with my server or with my
: software. This is something I've never experienced before. At least I won't
: be upset by this NG anymore . . .

As I suggested in email, the problem is most likely the outgoing network
feed from the server that you connect to to read your email. You posts
show up there, because they do not have to go anywhere. The best way to
find out if your posts are going out is to try to read them from a
foreign server. Google is a good choice.

Larry
Old February 6th 04, 12:41 PM
hobbes

Default UPDATE update on nursing strike

"She's A Goddess" wrote in message
((Hugs)) Its terrible to feel like you're reaching out and nobody

responds.
As the others have said, I saw all of the posts for the first time just

now,
with posting times of 10:21 p.m. last night.

Yeah, and the postings were actually 1/25, 1/26 and 1/29. Don't know what
kept them in oblivion for so long. I'm going to be contacting my ISP and see
if they have any answers.

You know, I'm not sure of the timeline but it sounds to me like the ear
infection is back. In your update post you said the doc told you to quit
the antibiotics something like four or five days after starting them.
Remember, we're always told to take an entire course of abx for a reason.
I'd get her rechecked. Good luck, as I can't imagine having to go through
this for so long.

We wondered about that, but the doctor checked her ears on day #5 and said
that she was completely clear and told us to stop. We (and the doctor) were
pretty sure that the antibiotics were upsetting her stomach and adding to
the problem, so we were relieved to quit, though we never would have done so
without the doctor's okay.

Everything seemed fine for exactly a week, and then she started the biting
thing. Two days after she started biting, she started refusing to nurse
again. It was the biting that made me wonder about teething, but nothing
seems to be helping.

I guess it is time to go back to the doctor, but it's such a pain to take 2
small kids to wait for up to 2 hours to have him look in her ears for 2
seconds.

Old February 6th 04, 12:53 PM
hobbes

"New York Jen" wrote in message
et...

snip
It helped to know that just about no baby will wean before a year on

his/her
own. I know now that if my next baby goes through this to offer

frequently
but not force, not get frustrated and have a LOT of skin to skin contact.

I'm so glad that your lil one is back to nursing. It's such a horrible
feeling for us and for them.

I learned the same thing. Thanks for the kind post--it helps to know others
have gone through it, even after the fact. Though you probably haven't read
my latest update--she's refusing again. Not as bad as last time--I can get
her to eat well in her sleep (up to 15 minutes at a time), about 4 times a
day, but if she's awake she won't have anything to do with it. Last time, I
couldn't get her to latch on for more than 2 or 3 minutes in her sleep.
Looks like we might be headed back to the doctor to see what's going on.

Question for ya...how did Oliver handle Arwen's arrival? That's just

about
the exact difference we're going to have between Laszlo and Lily and I'm
always looking for input from other moms who have done the same thing.

Any
pointers how to ease the transition?

He did okay. It helped that either DH or my mother were around for the first
three weeks. That gave DS a lot of one-on-one time and really helped ease
the transition. It's funny: he used to get really jealous of me holding
another child, but somehow seemed to know that DD belonged.

It was actually better at first, when she was pretty quiet and sleepy. I
used more videos that I normally would have (while I was nursing,
especially), and I had purchased some little toys and special snacks to pull
out when he needed distracting when my hands were full, but it really didn't
go too badly. It's almost harder now that she's crawling and grabbing his
stuff and insisting on my attention. She's so aware of every sound he makes
that it's impossible to get her down for a nap while he's in the room, but
it's also hard (and probably completely unreasonable) to get him to stay
quiet when he's alone in another room while I try to get her to sleep (which
isn't going well now that she won't nurse). I'm starting to push her to stay
awake in the mornings and just take one nap so I don't have do deal with
that whole problem.

I'm just so looking forward to them being able to play together and
entertain each other . . . maybe while I'm lounging on the couch reading and
drinking coffee . . .

--
Jodi
SAHM to Oliver (2 years, 11 months) & Arwen (9 months)

Old February 7th 04, 03:48 AM
She's A Goddess

"hobbes" wrote in message

I'm just so looking forward to them being able to play together and
entertain each other . . . maybe while I'm lounging on the couch reading

and
drinking coffee . . .

Hee-hee. I've been trying that the last few days. Its almost working.
Except the part where I have to get up every third minute to pull the baby
back into the room, or get the two year old a snack or a drink or read her
book to them. But I do love that they entertain each other a bit now.

--
Rhiannon
Mom to M. Girl (28 1/2 months) and O. Boy (7 months)

hmmmmm, nursing strike? Dawn Lawson Breastfeeding 10 November 30th 03 04:03 AM
Nursing strike? Cathy Breastfeeding 2 August 28th 03 12:49 AM
Update re Nursing Strike?! Tatjana Farkin Breastfeeding 1 July 18th 03 05:23 PM
Help for a friend needed nursing strike - ASAP! Sarajoyo Breastfeeding 3 July 14th 03 11:09 PM
Nursing strike? Clisby Williams Breastfeeding 3 July 14th 03 09:12 PM