So sick...

Old May 28th 05, 10:33 AM
Amy

Default So sick...

It's 4:30 am and I am up (ugh) because I have another sinus infection
and I can't breathe. Staying in bed was just going to wake my husband
up, so here I am, tea and Kleenex at hand, trying to resist the urge to
cut off my own head.

There's so much pressure behind my right eye that it's causing my eye
to water and get blurry. I turned over to look at my husband in the
night, and he was the wrong shape - I realized that it was affecting my
vision. Thank God I don't have to do anything today/tomorrow (like
drive or operate heavy machinery). I'm so dizzy.

Ugh. I thought having a sinus infection was bad, but being pregnant
and having one is WAY worse. I've been forcing myself to eat so far,
and I'm getting lots of fluids. I'm just so damn uncomfortable, no
matter what I do.

Thanks for letting me whine,
Amy

Old May 28th 05, 10:38 AM
Anne Rogers

Amy ((hugs)) being ill when pregnant really does suck

Anne

Old May 28th 05, 10:38 AM
Andrea S

"Amy" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Oh Amy sos orry to hear you feel so rubbish. I am also feeling bad with 5
broken ribs. I can't even groom my horses, drive, pick my kids up or bathe
myself.

It so sucks!

Heres to us feeling better soon!

Andrea mom of 5 and EDD 15th October... it's a girl!

Old May 28th 05, 05:49 PM
Cre8ive1

Amy and Andrea,
I hope you both are well soon.
Jenn L.

Old May 28th 05, 05:52 PM
Melania

Amy wrote:
[...]

Oh, sweetie! I've been there - - it really sucks. Hope you get better
soon.

8(

Melania

Old May 28th 05, 10:42 PM
V.

"Amy" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Oooh, I'm a little concerned about the vision changes and dizziness....have
you seen your doc? Those are signs the infection could be moving outside of
your sinuses (ears, eyes).
Some home remedies for sinus infections (I've had many):
Hot shower or sit in the bathroom with the shower running to breath in the
steam. Steam humidifier in a closed room also works well.
Moist heating pad on face.
Herbal tea with honey: I use mint or special decongestant tea. I'm not
sure if the decon. tea is OK during pregnancy, but the mint is.
Suck on hard candies, especially mints or menthol cough drops.
Vicks vapo rub under the nose.
Warm saline "nasal washes". Take one of those blue baby snot suckers, fill
it with warm saline, insert in nostril and administer saline slowly. As it
drains it will pull out bad stuff. Warning, this is both gross and
uncomfortable, but does help in the long run.
Keep head upright or if lying down, switch sides often.

Hope at least one of these ideas is new to you!
Feel better soon,
Amy V.

Old May 28th 05, 11:46 PM
sharalyns

(hugs) I hope you get some relief soon!!!

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

Old May 29th 05, 12:03 AM
Clisby

Amy wrote:
It's 4:30 am and I am up (ugh) because I have another sinus infection
and I can't breathe. Staying in bed was just going to wake my husband
up, so here I am, tea and Kleenex at hand, trying to resist the urge to
cut off my own head.

There's so much pressure behind my right eye that it's causing my eye
to water and get blurry. I turned over to look at my husband in the
night, and he was the wrong shape - I realized that it was affecting my
vision. Thank God I don't have to do anything today/tomorrow (like
drive or operate heavy machinery). I'm so dizzy.

Have you tried a heating pad? When I lived in Atlanta, I sometimes had
to sleep on a heating pad turned up high for weeks on end, to help my
sinus headaches.

Clisby
Old May 29th 05, 12:04 AM
Amy

Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes...

V. wrote:

Oooh, I'm a little concerned about the vision changes and dizziness....have
you seen your doc? Those are signs the infection could be moving outside of
your sinuses (ears, eyes).

Yep. It came on Thursday night and I called the doc first thing
Friday. My OB was concerned that it might be strep, so they sent me to
my GP, who gave me Augmentin. Fortunately, he seemed well convinced
that it was a sinus infection, and not strep, although I'm sure it's
moving into bronchitis (it always does with me, and I'm coughing up
radioactive gunk), which should make the whole asthma thing more
interesting...

So, I'm in my third trimester, I can't breathe because of the baby AND
the infection (I think there are about 3 square centimeters of lung
right in the middle that are actually working correctly), and I can't
get comfortable to save my life. And my husband is out of town until
tomorrow night (although he did leave me well stocked with tea, soup,
and videos). My dad's coming down to take care of me tomorrow - he's a
nurse.

I got worried that the baby felt sick, too, and my husband said,
"Honey, she's not using her nose yet..." which oddly made me feel
better. Right now, I'm just hoping that she's sleeping it off, and
that she benefits from the tylenol I've been taking if it does hurt
her, too. It makes me feel less guilty about the tylenol.

Thanks for the home remedies. I was just getting up to see if we have
any vicks...

Amy

Old May 29th 05, 12:15 AM
V.

ups.com...

V. wrote:

[...]

Well, that just sounds crappy! With the Augmentin, it shouldn't get too
much worse before it starts getting better, but that lag time...
Hope it's over soon and you are able to get some sleep.
Amy V.

Baby being sick Jonny Kids Health 7 October 17th 04 01:00 AM
A sick OB joke: 'Free' vagina slicing Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 1 March 20th 04 03:59 AM
So Sick From Iron...warning/ (gross)... Christine Pregnancy 11 March 15th 04 09:33 PM
13+ weeks and stilllllll sick! Jill Pregnancy 11 November 13th 03 11:45 PM
VENT: I am tired of being sick Daye Pregnancy 9 November 5th 03 09:50 PM