Woo

Old February 12th 09, 08:11 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

Default Woo

Well, after that last time I posted that little update, things seemed to
have gone alright.

It was 3am I was up and out of bed. I was home and sitting around until
about 4, and by that time, I had called the health line, called my mom,
doula and a friend... It was maybe around 430am that I was out the door and
it was around 445 that I was at the hospital.
They didn't even send me to do the NST for the 20 mins that is standard
here. I was checked out and when I got to the hospital and to the room, I
was at 6cm. This was 445-5am or somewhere around that.
I walked to a delivery room where they hooked me up to the monitors for the
20 minutes initially. I was also given the IV - just the needle part, no
bags or anything at this point, but starting the IV, I was told, is standard
that they have to do with someone who has had a previous c-section.
Short story really short, I ended up turning down the epidural, which was
offered right away. Baby's heart rate seemed to be going slightly down just
before a contraction started, so they kept me on the monitor.
Baby was born at 6:03am on Feb 11... I was at the hospital not much more
than an hour
I had nothing - no epidural, no morphine, gas, nothing at all. I had also
no tearing or anything. I was told a couple little scratches, but nothing
that needed stitches - yay!
All seemed to have gone fairly well... Although I remember thinking I
couldn't do it at the very end (like I would have had a choice anyways lol)

She was 7lbs 10oz, 19.5" long. Nice size - smaller than DS but bigger than
what both DDs were (same length of DDs both, though)
6:03am wasn't bad time, considering I was only up and unable to sleep or lay
in bed from about 3am and only at the hospital for about an hour and 15
mins.

I had some major bleeding issues, though, and they kept me in until this
morning. I guess I was bleeding bright red, some fair sized clots or
something as well... The bleeding was a concern, I guess, but then I was
told something about my uterus went down in record time... Which, I was
told, explains the massive bleeding and bright blood color. It all seemed
to happen really fast, which was kind of nice. The very end (maybe the last
10 mins or so) was fairly intense. I had actually said to get me the
epidural at that point, thinking I still had some time left, but they told
me it was too late. It didn't take more than 2 contractions and she was
born.

So now I'm home and that's kind of nice. She has an excellent latch and is
nursing well. She really likes to suck, though, and not necessairly nurse
all the time. She's nursing on demand and going through that cluster
feeding, which is a little crazy. She's been sleeping the last 2 or so
hours since I got home, although I don't think that's going to last very
long! She's kind of making some weird noises and now DS is home from
school.

Time to sit down and relax!

Old February 12th 09, 08:16 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Kat" wrote in message
news
[...]

Congratulations! Thought something must be happening.
Debbie

Old February 12th 09, 08:24 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Ericka

Kat wrote:
Well, after that last time I posted that little update, things seemed to
have gone alright.

Congratulations! I'm glad it all worked out well.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old February 12th 09, 09:07 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

Kat wrote:
Well, after that last time I posted that little update, things seemed to
have gone alright.

Congratulations! I'm glad it went so well. It must be a relief to be
able to expect a good recovery and be able to take care of your other kids.

--Betsy
Old February 12th 09, 10:56 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Congratulations!

I was checking in all yesterday and assuming that no posts meant you
were in the hospital!

Anne
Old February 13th 09, 01:00 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Congrats! I thought it sounded like the real thing!
--

Jamie Clark

www.ClarkDigitalArts.com

news

Old March 9th 09, 01:11 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lu-lu

"Kat" wrote in message
news
[...]

Aw congratulations on your newest DD, sorry it's so late! Hope you're all
still doing well!

Lucy xx