Find anyone/anywhere People search website

Old July 18th 06, 11:18 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,misc.kids.pregnancy
Mark Probert

Default Find anyone/anywhere People search website

cathy wrote:
Actually no Mark. Our site assists in background searches for employers to
be aware of whom they hire to protect themselves, and a large part of our
business aids people in finding their family and friends that they have not
been intouch with for many years. We do not just give out information to
just anyone. And especially dont just had out info for someone to be nosey,
or stalk someone.

That is NOT what your initial posting said. It appears to be an open
invite for anyone to secure information about anyone.

I looked at your website and was hoping to see an admonition that the
party requesting a search must consent to a search of court records to
rule out the possibility that there is an outstanding court order of
protection against them, as many women obtain to protect themselves from
abusive spouses, etc. I did not see such admonition.

In my business, I get several calls per week from people asking for us
to conduct a background check or surveillance of a girlfriend or spouse.
During the course of the telephone screening I always advise them that
they will have to provide satisfactory proof of their identity (more
than just a credit card) and sign a consent form allowing us to check
with the courts, and perform a basic search to ensure that we are not
putting someone in jeopardy. Need I point out that the vast majority of
the callers tell me that they will call back, and never do.

Frankly, I rank online people search services right next to online
pharmacies.

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
cathy wrote:
We offer Background searches, locate current addresses, and phone
numbers, trace ss#'s. If you need to know something about someone we can
find it. Very affordable and confidential

Promotes stalking

Old July 18th 06, 11:19 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,misc.kids.pregnancy
Mark Probert

dragonlady wrote:
In article ,
Nan wrote:

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 19:54:14 GMT, "cathy"
wrote:

Actually no Mark. Our site assists in background searches for employers to
be aware of whom they hire to protect themselves, and a large part of our
business aids people in finding their family and friends that they have not
been intouch with for many years. We do not just give out information to
just anyone. And especially dont just had out info for someone to be nosey,
or stalk someone.

As long as someone pays your listed fees, you have no way of knowing
their intent.

Nan

Oh, I'm sure they ask if their intentions are pure.

After all, no one would LIE just to stalk someone!

There was a Law & Order episode about just such a case.

Old July 18th 06, 11:22 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,misc.kids.pregnancy
Mark Probert

cathy wrote:
I think this is all crazy, the mere thought that I am in business and cater
to stalkers to ruin peoples lives is ludicrous.

No one said that. My comment was that it promotes stalking, and it
surely does. No question.

While you may not cater to stalkers, you can be easily duped by them on
line. BEFORE I accept such a client, I know precisely who I am dealing
with, and know what their background it. I accept those costs of doing
business and would prefer not to take a client if in the slightest doubt.

It's much easier to believe
that I opened a business to facilitate stalkers other than helping
individuals locate their missing family friends????? That's fine believe
what you will, I just can't believe that is the mindset though.

Thanks Catherine
"user" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 20:38:33 GMT, cathy
wrote:
Actually we run a check on all people who request searches for any past
criminal activities, and yes we do ask what peoples intentions are. I do
agree that there are people with bad intent but the bulk of our customers
are just trying to locate a baby they've given up for adoption, a child
trying to reunite with a missing parent, friends/ old school pals wanting
re-connect. Our services do much better good than bad especially people
wanting to stalk someone.
Thanks for your remarks.

That's just hilarious!

Please, just accept that you sound like an idiot, and your
justifications
hold no water whatsoever.

"Oh, sure, I want to find Jenny because we were old school buddies.
Yep, that's it. No other reason. Nope. None at all."

I take it back. You don't just SOUND like an idiot, you ARE
an idiot, if you think you're actually making anyone believe
that you're not primarily catering to stalkers.

- Rich

Old July 19th 06, 12:09 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,misc.kids.pregnancy
dragonlady

In article ,
user wrote:

[...]

I think that's a bit of a stretch. I can believe that the INTENT of
this business is honest, and even that most folks who use it do so for
legitimate reasons.

But if the owner thinks he is NOT being misused by stalkers -- well,
idiot seems like a good word.

On-line services like this are way too easy to misuse.

Old July 19th 06, 01:53 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,misc.kids.pregnancy
cathy

Thank you Mark for ranking me up there with internet drug dealers. And I am
finished now with this thread. Once someone places an order before any
searching is done on the person they wish to locate I do have an "interview"
with them and I do ask them to consent to a background check on themselves
before I proceed. And believe it or not YES I have turned away many people
away even though they have no criminal past, but I have been doing this for
such a long time, certain phrases are used by people who in my opinion are
not stable such as "I am desperately in love with her/him" or "she/he broke
my heart and haven't heard back anything in response to my emails anymore",
and ect, ect ect. I tell these folks I'm sorry but I cannot help you and
tell them they will have to obtain the information they wish from another
source. Okay I am finished defending myself. I am not a bad person, and I do
not cater to stalkers or people who wish inflict harm on others. I am an
honest person who provides a valuable service though those who are greatly
appreciate they have found their lost parent/sibling or employers that they
have not put their business in jeopardy by hiring a "high risk" employee. I
AM NOT to be ranked with DRUG DEALERS. This has all gone to far, and I do
apologize if I gave anyone the wrong impression. But I do feel I am being
unfairly judged.

Thank you
Catherine

Old July 19th 06, 02:37 PM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,misc.kids.pregnancy
Mark Probert

cathy wrote:
Thank you Mark for ranking me up there with internet drug dealers.

I said online pharmacies. They are supposedly legal, but subject to
being misused.

And I am
finished now with this thread. Once someone places an order before any
searching is done on the person they wish to locate I do have an "interview"
with them and I do ask them to consent to a background check on themselves
before I proceed. And believe it or not YES I have turned away many people
away even though they have no criminal past, but I have been doing this for
such a long time, certain phrases are used by people who in my opinion are
not stable such as "I am desperately in love with her/him" or "she/he broke
my heart and haven't heard back anything in response to my emails anymore",
and ect, ect ect. I tell these folks I'm sorry but I cannot help you and
tell them they will have to obtain the information they wish from another
source.

After a while, those with malevolent intent learn to phrase their needs
more carefully. I have learned to assume they are up to no good.

Okay I am finished defending myself. I am not a bad person, and I do
not cater to stalkers or people who wish inflict harm on others. I am an
honest person who provides a valuable service though those who are greatly
appreciate they have found their lost parent/sibling or employers that they
have not put their business in jeopardy by hiring a "high risk" employee. I
AM NOT to be ranked with DRUG DEALERS.

Legal online pharmacies.