Misheard lyrics (was: What's in your mp3 list....)

Old August 30th 03, 01:57 PM
Rabbit

Default Misheard lyrics (was: What's in your mp3 list....)

Actually, it's "revved up like a deuce" (gunning the engine in a 1932
Ford
hot rod).

Actually, it's "Cut loose like a deuce"

You're right. But for some reason it's stuck in my head that it was
"revved" -- did Manfred Mann use that?

Rabbit

Old August 30th 03, 03:46 PM
Kent

"Rabbit" wrote

Actually, it's "Cut loose like a deuce"

You're right. But for some reason it's stuck in my head that it was
"revved" -- did Manfred Mann use that?

Yes, which is why so many of us thought it was "Wrapped up like a douche",
in Jr High

Kent (who learned what a douche WAS because of that song)

Old August 30th 03, 03:47 PM
Jim Mitchell

"Kent" wrote in message
. com...
"Rabbit" wrote

Actually, it's "Cut loose like a deuce"

You're right. But for some reason it's stuck in my head that it was
"revved" -- did Manfred Mann use that?

Yes, which is why so many of us thought it was "Wrapped up like a douche",
in Jr High

Kent (who learned what a douche WAS because of that song)

Doesn't MM actually sing the line as "douche"?

Old August 30th 03, 06:17 PM
Rabbit

Actually, it's "Cut loose like a deuce"

You're right. But for some reason it's stuck in my head that it was
"revved" -- did Manfred Mann use that?

Yes, which is why so many of us thought it was "Wrapped up like a douche",
in Jr High

Kent (who learned what a douche WAS because of that song)

What? You didn't learn from the ladies on the TV commercials who carried it
in their purses and pulled it out when their friends said they didn't feel
fresh?

Rabbit, who wonders what kind of douche there is other than disposable...

Old August 30th 03, 07:21 PM
Kent

"Rabbit" wrote

Kent (who learned what a douche WAS because of that song)

What? You didn't learn from the ladies on the TV commercials who carried

it
in their purses and pulled it out when their friends said they didn't feel
fresh?

Not in 1977! That little bit of education wasn't quite making it to TV then
(or if it was, I missed it). This was not long past the time when it was
avant-garde for "All in the Family" to have toilet-flush sounds.

Kent

Old August 30th 03, 08:45 PM
eddie wilson

Manfred Mann didn't sing it. Chris Thompson did. MM was the band
leader, with rotating lead singers, like the Alan Parsons Project.
Old August 31st 03, 03:30 PM
Rabbit

Rabbit, who wonders what kind of douche there is other than
disposable...

...you never wondered where "douchebag" came from? It's an actual item
(as I learned from a housemate who insisted on leaving *hers* slung
over the showerhead...:-p )

Oh, yes, I know -- I had one myself, in that lovely shade of tomato-soup-red
rubber, complete with both douche and enema tips. It just seemed like such a
strange idea, if you got away from the CONTAINER being disposable, to the
douche ITSELF...!

Rabbit