Justice

Old January 16th 06, 01:48 PM posted to alt.child-support

Default Justice

Just reported Moonshyne to the authorities (FBI) -- here's a copy of the
report for anyone else who has been hurt by her anonymous annoyances:

* * * * *

I would like to report what I believe to be a federal offense under the
new law: 47 U.S.C. 223 (internet annoyance law). It is a relatively new
law but I am sure you are familiar with the relevant section:

"Whoever...utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate
telecommunications or other types of communications that are
transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet... without disclosing
his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any
person...who receives the communications...shall be fined under title 18
or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

Recently, a person posted to the Usenet newsgroup "alt.child-support"
with intent to annoy me and without revealing their identity. When I
requested said identity, I was told to "kiss off" until I pointed out
the law (they did however admit that they had intended to annoy me).
The poster then gave a name "Golda Leah" but I have reason to believe
that they lied when they did this, and that their real name is Amy Lynn
Kraemer.

Of course I do not have the analytical capabilities of the FBI when it
come to the internet, so for me there is no way of knowing which of
these names is the real identity of the annoyer. I do feel that this
constitutes failure on the part of the annoyer to reveal their identity,
especially if their name is not actually Golda Leah.

Here is a link to the most relevant post, but the entire thread should
probably be investigated:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.c...5?dmode=source

Here is the relevant text:

* * * * *

"Moonshine" writes:

Kiss Off.

I reply:

So let me get this straight:

1. You are deliberately calling me names, insulting my intelligence,

and telling me to "kiss off" on the internet when I have already told
you that I find it annoying when you do so

"Moonshyne" replies:

Yup - though no one is forcing you to read my posts.

I write:

2. You are doing this under cover of anonymity

"Moonshyne" replies:

With as many times as some former harrassers and stalkers have
identified me on the internet? Probably not.

I write:

3. You refuse to identify yourself, even when asked

"Moonshyne" replies:

I refuse to post my personal information on the internet - and you
didn't ask, you demanded.

I write:

Does that about cover it?

"Moonshyne" replies:

No - you let out the part about where you're an idiot.

* * * * *

As you can see, "Moonshyne" clearly expresses that "her" intent was to
annoy me when she replies "Yup" to my assertion "You are deliberately
calling me names, insulting my intelligence, and telling me to "kiss
off" on the internet when I have already told you that I find it
annoying when you do so".

Her later post where she identifies herself as "Golda Leah" (which as I
said before I have reason to believe is a lie) is he

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.c...a?dmode=source

Meanwhile several old sources identify "Moonshyne" as Amy Lynn Kraemer.

Anonymous annoyance on the internet is a serious crime, now punishable
by up to two years in prison and a stiff fine. I appreciate your help
in ridding the entire web of this serious menace.

Thank you,

- Ron Cass Poirier

Old January 16th 06, 02:02 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Werebat" wrote in message news:2vNyf.8490$Dh.7092@dukeread04...

Just reported Moonshyne to the authorities (FBI) -- here's a copy of the report for anyone else who has been hurt by
her anonymous annoyances:

http://www.ilovewavs.com/ForChat/Insults/URIdiot.wav

:-)

Old January 16th 06, 02:16 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Werebat" wrote in message news:2vNyf.8490$Dh.7092@dukeread04...

Just reported Moonshyne to the authorities (FBI) -- here's a copy of the report for anyone else who has been hurt by
her anonymous annoyances:

And it's only fair to advise you - I have today off, just like I have all federal holidays off.

Wanna take a stab at who I work for?

Old January 16th 06, 03:37 PM posted to alt.child-support

Moon Shyne wrote:
"Werebat" wrote in message news:2vNyf.8490$Dh.7092@dukeread04...

Just reported Moonshyne to the authorities (FBI) -- here's a copy of the report for anyone else who has been hurt by
her anonymous annoyances:

And it's only fair to advise you - I have today off, just like I have all federal holidays off.

Wanna take a stab at who I work for?

I, too, work for the government. That does not exempt either of us from
having to obey the law.

- Ron ^*^

Old January 16th 06, 04:38 PM posted to alt.child-support

"Werebat" wrote in message news:y5Pyf.8497$Dh.6551@dukeread04...

Moon Shyne wrote:
"Werebat" wrote in message news:2vNyf.8490$Dh.7092@dukeread04...

Just reported Moonshyne to the authorities (FBI) -- here's a copy of the report for anyone else who has been hurt by
her anonymous annoyances:

And it's only fair to advise you - I have today off, just like I have all federal holidays off.

Wanna take a stab at who I work for?

I, too, work for the government. That does not exempt either of us from having to obey the law.

Well, then I'm truly curious how you came to the conclusion that posting your name at the bottom of your internet
harrassment somehow exempts you from the laws against harrassment?

oh, and just in case you forgot:

Old January 16th 06, 05:06 PM posted to alt.child-support

Moon Shyne wrote:

"Werebat" wrote in message news:2vNyf.8490$Dh.7092@dukeread04...

Just reported Moonshyne to the authorities (FBI) -- here's a copy of the report for anyone else who has been hurt by
her anonymous annoyances:

And it's only fair to advise you - I have today off, just like I have all federal holidays off.

Wanna take a stab at who I work for?

I, too, work for the government. That does not exempt either of us from having to obey the law.

Well, then I'm truly curious how you came to the conclusion that posting your name at the bottom of your internet
harrassment somehow exempts you from the laws against harrassment?

The law is quite clear -- it only applies to ANONYMOUS annoyance. I am
not guilty of any harrassment.

You, on the other hand, are clearly in violation of the new (and
eminently just) law against ANONYMOUS annoyance.

- Ronald Poirier ^*^

Old January 16th 06, 05:12 PM posted to alt.child-support

Moon Shyne wrote:

"Werebat" wrote in message news:2vNyf.8490$Dh.7092@dukeread04...

snip

Well, then I'm truly curious how you came to the conclusion that posting your name at the bottom of your internet
harrassment somehow exempts you from the laws against harrassment?

The law is quite clear -- it only applies to ANONYMOUS annoyance. I am not guilty of any harrassment.

http://www.ilovewavs.com/ForChat/Insults/URIdiot.wav

Insult away. The matter is now in the hands of the FBI, and I am sure
they fully realize just how important the matter of anonymous annoyance
on the internet really is.

- Ronald Poirier ^*^

Old January 16th 06, 05:20 PM posted to alt.child-support

Moon Shyne wrote:

"Werebat" wrote in message news:2vNyf.8490$Dh.7092@dukeread04...

snip

Well, then I'm truly curious how you came to the conclusion that posting your name at the bottom of your internet
harrassment somehow exempts you from the laws against harrassment?

The law is quite clear -- it only applies to ANONYMOUS annoyance. I am not guilty of any harrassment.

http://www.ilovewavs.com/ForChat/Insults/URIdiot.wav

Insult away. The matter is now in the hands of the FBI, and I am sure they fully realize just how important the
matter of anonymous annoyance on the internet really is.

They understand just how important the matter of Internet Harrassment is, too - even have a link on their site to report
it.

Have a lovely day.

- Ronald Poirier ^*^