Scooby Doo

Old March 29th 04, 08:48 PM
Tiffany

Default Scooby Doo

P.Fritz wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Paul Fritz wrote in message

"V" wrote in message
The kids and I saw Scooby Doo II. What a riot!
Does anyone else stick goobers, and m and m's in their bags? I

mean,
$3.50 for
a bottled water is ridiculous! I swear if I could have sat on a

bag
of
microwave popcorn or something and waited for it to pop, I would

have!
::sigh::
But it was worth 28 bucks to see their faces light up.

The reason for the high prices at the concession stand is that the

typical
movie theater makes almost nothing from the sale of tickets. Almost

all
of
that goes to the movie distributor.

Ahhh... the voice of reason. I thought it was something to do with

the
government.

You are right, the guvmint had a lot to do with it, and it dates back to

the
50's :-)

Good weekend?

Same old same old, abuse the high school kids and worked on the
house.....but I am happy with one particular team in the 'final four'

:-)

I got my car fixed finally but still waiting on the assholes who screwed it
up to respond to the attorneys demands. Next weekend off to Md for a seminar
and time with dear friends. Yippee.

What team is that? lol

Old March 29th 04, 09:06 PM
P.Fritz

"Tiffany" wrote in message

P.Fritz wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message

Paul Fritz wrote in message

"V" wrote in message
[...]

The won from Atlanta.....my alma mater.

Old March 30th 04, 09:24 AM
CME

"V" wrote in message
The kids and I saw Scooby Doo II. What a riot!
Does anyone else stick goobers, and m and m's in their bags? I mean, $3.50

for
a bottled water is ridiculous! I swear if I could have sat on a bag of
microwave popcorn or something and waited for it to pop, I would have!
::sigh::
But it was worth 28 bucks to see their faces light up.

LMAO and here I thought I was the only one that snuck food into the theatre.
Hell, I take a handbag and put in microwave popcorn, or individual chip
bags, juice containers, peanuts etc. Geez, if they ever searched me, it
looks like I shoplifted from the nearby 7-11. lol

Christine

Old March 30th 04, 09:27 AM
CME

"Joelle" wrote in message
Well cereal-y trail mix is a lot different than the real thing. It's
craisins and marshmallows and choc/peanut butter chips etc. Not
exactly gorp but way cheap.

Well. Okay then. Much better. Especially with the marshmellows and chips

:-)

Trail mix at the movies. Geesh. I suppose you make them eat soy dogs at

the
ball game too ;-)

Only one, but he's vegetarian. :-)

I *knew* it ;-)

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

Ya I'm a stickler for no junk food in the house, pop, candy, but on special
occasions like movies, who cares? I think everything in moderation is ok.
(I got the original joke, I'm just putting in my .25 cents)

Christine

Old March 30th 04, 09:29 AM
CME

"SJ" wrote in message
I too went to see Scooby Doo II with my 5 year old son it was great. Has
Cat in the Hat beenreleased in the states yet? It has just been released
here and wondered if any one had seen it.

Sarah
"V" wrote in message
The kids and I saw Scooby Doo II. What a riot!
Does anyone else stick goobers, and m and m's in their bags? I mean,

$3.50
for
a bottled water is ridiculous! I swear if I could have sat on a bag of
microwave popcorn or something and waited for it to pop, I would have!
::sigh::
But it was worth 28 bucks to see their faces light up.

The Cat and the Hat was awful... some of the jokes were so inappropriate,
and I have a sick sense of humour, but I don't need my kids seeing him
calling a hoe a hoe, you know? (ooo that rhymed) I can't wait to see Shrek
2 though.

Christine

Old March 30th 04, 09:31 AM
CME

"lm" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:03:32 GMT, "Betty" wrote:

Cat in The Hat has been released in Canada, but I don't know about the
states.

I bought the DVD for my 8 years old son, and he has watched it twice and
loved it. I thought it was kind of dumb, but what do you expect from Dr
Suess.

HULLO?! You can expect brilliance from Dr. Seuss. Dr. Seuss would
never have allowed that Cat in the Hat to be made, or the live-action
Grinch that Jim Carrey did.

lm

I agree wholeheartedly. I was soooo disappointed in those two movies.
They could have done such a tribute to him, and yet they sold out and went
for corny crap.

Christine

Old March 30th 04, 03:08 PM

"CME" wrote in message
newsbaac.27141$wg1.21484@edtnps84...

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

heh..you should put in your 3.50.....lol
HUGS Christine. Have not seen you in a while. How is school?

Old March 30th 04, 03:09 PM

"CME" wrote in message

"V" wrote in message
The kids and I saw Scooby Doo II. What a riot!
Does anyone else stick goobers, and m and m's in their bags? I mean, $3.50

for
a bottled water is ridiculous! I swear if I could have sat on a bag of
microwave popcorn or something and waited for it to pop, I would have!
::sigh::
But it was worth 28 bucks to see their faces light up.

LMAO and here I thought I was the only one that snuck food into the theatre.
Hell, I take a handbag and put in microwave popcorn, or individual chip
bags, juice containers, peanuts etc. Geez, if they ever searched me, it
looks like I shoplifted from the nearby 7-11. lol

Christine

Oh honey. Bills Dollar Store! heh. During Disney on ice, someone asked, where
did you get those m and m's? I winked and said, "Bill".

Old April 2nd 04, 09:24 AM
CME

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

Ah it's ok, alot of work, exams, same old same old. Been busy with alot of
online stuff lately too, I'm learning scripts, html, ftp etc etc... it's
interesting stuff, only I feel like such a newbie sometimes. lol

Christine