How's Everyone's life going?

Old May 27th 04, 05:36 PM
Vero

Default How's Everyone's life going?

Sorry bout the first one. Pushed the wrong button. Anyways how are you all
doing? Please, I would like to know. I just got my son back yesterday.
He's been at his dad's house for like the past 2 and a half weeks almost
three because he tried to sneak in another week. Man I've been lonely. I'm
glad my son's back home. For any updates (kate) I didn't have his birthday
party because no one came and they were being dumb. It hurt alot that they
wanted to be retarded, but whatever, I understand. I can grow up, I don't
need them for anything anyways. It just would'a been nice ya know. For new
friends reading this, I am Veronica, I'm 16, my son just turned 2 on may
6th. Yes I had him when I was 14. His name is Andrew. This week's just
great, especially yesterday. They cut the phone off yesterday, because I
haven't got my check yet so I can't pay the bills on time. The damn
electric company came and cut off the electricity. I made tamales. I had
to throw the milk(just bought fresh new gallon) in the freezer in hopes
that it wont go bad. My mom went and payed the bill and they cant cut the
power back on until today in the afternoon. It's just a bunch of things
big and little hitting me all at once and I don't want to handle it
sometimes. I don't quit though. I've been trying to go to church more too
and that's not going to well. School's been... well that hasn't been going
to great either. I think I'm just sick of handling everyone else's
problems. There grown, they should handle their own. I mean I know
everyone needs help from time to time, but damn. I need help too sometimes
ya know. Well thank you all for listening, any critiques or words of
advice would be greatly appreciated. Bye everyone.

Old May 27th 04, 06:19 PM

"Vero" wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
[...]

I think most of us on the board can say we have been there. It sucks too. You
focus on you and your son, religious activites and school. It will fall into
place. I know the loneliness you are feeling, but do not take bad friends for
someone to have around. It is better to be alone than to have icky people in
your life.
Good luck.
Keep us posted.

Old May 28th 04, 05:52 PM
Karen O'Mara

"Vero" wrote in message alkaboutparenting.com...
[...]

I would rather have electricity to refrigerate milk than an internet
connection.

Stay in school and optimize every resource your community has to offer
children who are mothers. You need to concentrate on
stick-to-it-tiveness. Keep your nose to the grindstone and keep you
and your son healthy and out of trouble.

Why has going to church been not going well? Why are you handling
grown-ups problems? You have a lot on your plate, I can tell. Work on
the things you can change, and don't let the things that you can't
change to get you down or take your energy.

Karen
Old May 28th 04, 08:11 PM
denanson

"Vero" wrote in message

I just got my son back yesterday.
He's been at his dad's house for like the past 2 and a half weeks almost
three because he tried to sneak in another week.

How long will he be with you now?

Man I've been lonely. I'm
glad my son's back home.

So does that mean that you are beginning to rely on a two year old to get
you through your lonliness?

For any updates (kate) I didn't have his birthday
party because no one came and they were being dumb. It hurt alot that they
wanted to be retarded, but whatever, I understand. I can grow up, I don't
need them for anything anyways. It just would'a been nice ya know.

Better to do your own thing rather than rely on others, that way you will
get less disapointment.

For new
friends reading this, I am Veronica, I'm 16, my son just turned 2 on may
6th. Yes I had him when I was 14. His name is Andrew.

My middle son is an Andrew too.

I don't quit though.

and

I've been trying to go to church more too
and that's not going to well.

and

School's been... well that hasn't been going
to great either.

Let's hope that the first statement gets you through the next two.

Well thank you all for listening, any critiques or words of
advice would be greatly appreciated.

Consider yourself fortunate that the father is actively involved with his
son. Many single parents don't have that option.

Dennis

Old May 28th 04, 09:02 PM
Tiffany

"Vero" wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
[...]

Why the he tried to sneak in another week? Why would your child's father
have to sneak in more time? If he wants to spend time with his son, it is in
your best interest to let him, trust me. I don't remember your situation as
far as the father goes but if he is in the area, you need to be letting him
spend as much time as possible with his son. This will give you time to get
to class or work or whatever.

Why are you handling other adults problems? Seems to me you should be
putting yourself and your son first.