Daughters!!!

Old May 6th 04, 05:27 AM
Cele

Default Daughters!!!

On Sun, 2 May 2004 14:20:15 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:

"Joelle" wrote in message

So it's her 14th birthday and she usually has a bunch of friends

overnight.

Remainder of story snipped

My first reaction was to smile, sorry and all that but it's best to be
honest right? I think it's because I can remember trying very much the same
sort of thing at a similar age so on the bright side it seems her hormones
are working fine anyway. ;-)

More seriously, she's most definitely abused the trust you put in her and
that, to my mind, is more of an issue than exactly what she did. I hope
you've explained to her, fully and at great length, how precious trust is,
how long it takes to build and how easy it is to destroy.

She needs to know, though, that the only one who is ultimately affected by
the decisions she makes is herself. If she does things that eventually
undermine her own self-worth she'll be the main one to suffer. On this
occasion you seem to have been in the right place at the right time but you
won't always be. She needs to understand this or she'll probably end up
just being more careful that you don't find out what she's up to next time
which would, IMHO, be a worse situation.

OMG. We had the *exact* same reaction. I could have written this post.

Paul, are you my evil twin?

LMAO

Cele
Old May 6th 04, 05:34 AM
Cele

On Mon, 3 May 2004 12:18:03 -0400, "P.Fritz"
wrote:

Buy a BIG baseball bat.

This made me laugh....

We have a tradition in this house. My (step)Dad had three daughters
and two sons. One son died at 16. Of the remaining kids, the daughters
gave him many, many adventures.

He's a very peaceable, gentle soul who wouldn't ever hurt anyone. He
does, however, have quite a gun collection, because he's really
interested in war history and the like. (for the non Canadians among
us, gun collections are really quite unusual in Canada). He has all
his guns registered and he locks them up unloaded and has the ammo
locked up in a completely different place and has the keys locked in
another place which is hidden...let's just say, if ever I need a gun,
it'll be quicker to take the course, get the permit, register, save
up, and buy the bloody thing than it will be to find one in the house.

However, he'd had enough of his (somewhat lively) daughters'
adventures one day, and he suddenly took to presenting their
boyfriends with a single brass bullet when they came to call the first
time. You can only imagine how this went over.

His bullets became legendary in the family.

We're now to the point where my daughters *beg* to have him present
the boyfriends with a bullet. The bullet is absolutely famous. You
don't get a bullet from Grandpa unless you've earned a fair bit of
respect from both his granddaughters, and him.

Interesting family, aren't we?

Cele
Old May 6th 04, 07:36 AM

"Cele" wrote in message
snip

Interesting family, aren't we?

Cele

I adore family traditions. The shotgun by the door never moved until I moved
away. Last girl left. heh.

Old May 6th 04, 08:30 AM
Paul Fritz

wrote:

[...]

My oldest brother had a quite 'lively' stepdaughter (she has grown up
quite a bit despite majoring in women' studies) One night when she was about
14/15 he heard voices outside at 2 am. Discovered a boy halfway in the
window of her room Chased him down the street with a baseball. I don't
think the kid ever came back for his bike. LOL

Cele

Old May 6th 04, 02:43 PM
Tiffany

'Kate wrote in message ...
On Thu, 6 May 2004 03:30:12 -0400, "Paul Fritz"

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Quick question.. how did he know the boy was halfway IN?

'Kate

LMAO..... ohhhhhh!

Old May 6th 04, 04:07 PM
Cele

On Thu, 06 May 2004 04:34:06 GMT, Cele

wrote:

[...]

That's so sweet! I'll bet those bullets are a topic of discussion for
many years for each of the guys.

'Kate

He presented the most recent one in a jewelry case!

LMAO

Cele
Old May 7th 04, 06:17 AM
Cele

On Thu, 06 May 2004 15:07:15 GMT, Cele

wrote:

[...]

Your family is nothing if not classy. Brass bullets, jewelry cases..

'Kate

We have just tons of class.

All of it second....but...that's okay.....

Cele
Old May 7th 04, 01:33 PM
Heywood Floyd

"Cele" wrote
We have just tons of class.

All of it second....but...that's okay.....

Cele

LOL! I intend to tell my daughter's boyfriends that I am an ill-tempered
200 lb gorilla..... :-) Plus, she has =three= older brothers!

Old May 24th 04, 08:43 PM
Paul Griffiths

wrote:
"Joelle" wrote in message

[...]

Soul mates? smooch ;-)

Paul, are you my evil twin?

I have a somewhat "hazy" lineage so anything is possible but I'm not the
evil one. (s******)

LMAO

Phew!

Oh and sorry for the delay in replying. Life has been even more hectic than
usual here recently. Luckily (no, really) one of my jobs came to an end
today so I'll have a little more time to myself.

--
Paul Griffiths