Too quiet... eerily so

Old June 7th 04, 07:56 PM
Paul Griffiths

Default Too quiet... eerily so

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 10:55:20 -0400, "Tiffany"

Any plans this summer?

We have a two week break together the beginning of August so there's
plenty of time to finalize whatever we decide to do.

I'm still trying to work out what we'll be doing. Seems like plenty of time
left but some things fill up fast so I suppose I should decide soon.

We're considering Northern California/San Francisco.

I hope whatever you choose works out well for you.

--
Paul Griffiths

Old June 8th 04, 02:12 PM
Lisa

"lm" wrote in message
On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 09:25:38 -0400, "Lisa" wrote:

"'Kate" wrote in message
.. .
My kiddos are out for summer break but we're all taking those summer
classes and start back next week. I've spent the last two weeks doing
the heavy cleaning and organizing/throwing junk out or donating it if
it's not quite junk yet.

What'ca all doing?

'Kate

I've mostly been working in the yard and gardens. It's not that I have a
honkin big piece of property, but after 7 years I spent alot of time

moving
and splitting perrenials and redesigning some of the landscaping.

We had a fence put up last year, all sides but one which was the next

door
neighbours chain link fence. That is coming down in a week or so to

finish
the fence up. In the mean time, I've been staining the part that's cured
over the last year.

Hangin out with the dog, feed my boys, doing home body stuff. Those are

my
days. Trying to live vicariously through the active lives of the people
here is really not fullfulling......will y'all pick up the pace or
something?

Not enough drama, eh? My days are similar to yours for the first time
ever.

We are truly blessed aren't we? And sex on a regular basis. How cool is
that?

We planted an herb garden outside the kitchen door, turned over
some soil in the only sunny patch left in the yard and planted lots of
veggies, including 7 varieties of tomato and jalapeno peppers.

I saved a ton of money this year starting stuff from seed. And finally!!!!!
I have had success with Snapdragons.! I just love them. And pansies. I
had to buy some more tomato plans because the dog ate some. Oh, and I
managed to revive this "you can't kill me no matter how hard you try Tree
Peonie" that has never thrived and the dog dug it up a chewed it up twice.
Beats me, but it's not dead yet.

Also
tearing down horrid wallpaper and painting with the "oops paint"
that's $5.00 a gallon at Home Depot.

oops paint? That sounds interesting. Is that the paint version of a
scratch and dent sale? Once I'm finished staining, I'm going to have to
move back in the house and finish some projects and do a major purging.
Presents coming hehehehe.

My boys finish school at the end of June. We're going on a week-long
meditation retreat right after school, then they'll do some summer
school and some camp stuff, but mostly be looked after by the our
15-year-old neighbor while I'm at work.

Crossing my fingers and hoping this quiet lasts. :-)

How're the wedding plans coming along -- are you going to post pics
somewhere?

The wedding plans are coming along nicely, thanks for asking! We are
approaching the 3 month prior mark so the pace will pick up quickly I think.
We met the priest that will be marrying us, just last Saturday. Nice guy.

Lisa

lm

Old June 8th 04, 02:39 PM

"Lisa" wrote in message
. ..
snip

The wedding plans are coming along nicely, thanks for asking! We are
approaching the 3 month prior mark so the pace will pick up quickly I think.
We met the priest that will be marrying us, just last Saturday. Nice guy.

Lisa

Good luck! I am excited for you.

Old June 8th 04, 04:05 PM
Lisa

"V" wrote in message

"Lisa" wrote in message
. ..
snip

The wedding plans are coming along nicely, thanks for asking! We are
approaching the 3 month prior mark so the pace will pick up quickly I

think.
We met the priest that will be marrying us, just last Saturday. Nice

guy.

Lisa

Good luck! I am excited for you.

Thanks Vicky!

Old June 9th 04, 04:57 AM
Cele

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 00:34:59 GMT, "V" wrote:

ATM I have a sinus infection. Got some antibiotics this afternoon. On
Monday and Tuesday I'm going on a Writer's Symposium and I'm very
excited about that. Tomorrow I plan to sleep and sleep and get
healthy.

Cele

That blows...I just got over one...
Vics vapo rub!
Whoo hoo!

Ah well, the drugs seem to've helped. I had a blast at the Writer's
Symposium. It was educational and exciting and hey, I just might do
some of that writing!

LOL

Take care.

Cele
Old June 9th 04, 05:01 AM
Cele

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:48:07 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 03:17:55 GMT, 'Kate
wrote:

My kiddos are out for summer break but we're all taking those summer
classes and start back next week. I've spent the last two weeks doing
the heavy cleaning and organizing/throwing junk out or donating it if
it's not quite junk yet.

What'ca all doing?

I'm still in school 'til the end of the month. No job lined up for
next year yet, but I'll deal with that when I come to it. Should be
postings over the summer.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I had a successful interview a couple
of weeks ago so I'm working in a school again for the next year.

Thanks Paul, and congratulations!

I've got an interview lined up for next week, and two more jobs to
apply for that I'm pretty sure to be interviewed for. Things are
starting to happen. All three jobs are consulting jobs, moving from
school to school and helping teachers work with special needs
students, as well as working with parents and teaching assistants. I'm
optimistic I'll land something like that, which is good, 'cause it's
what I did up north and what I love to do.

T was admitted to the hospital programme on Tuesday. She's finding it
very hard, but isn't wavering in her determination to do what has to
be done to get healthy. The hospital is two hours away so there's a
fair bit of driving.

I'm still not sure what this is for so if you get the chance can you please
update me, via email perhaps.

Email is good. I'll do that. :-)

ATM I have a sinus infection. Got some antibiotics this afternoon.

Poor you, not nice at all, I can sympathise.

I did get healthy enough for the writer's symposium, though, and I'm
awfully glad, because it was a blast!

On Monday and Tuesday I'm going on a Writer's Symposium and I'm
very excited about that.

Sounds like fun. How did Monday work out?

I was in a hotel, so I'm just getting this now. The whole thing was
wonderful. Everyone there could really write, and the information and
presentations were most helpful. We formed a very mutually supportive
cadre of teachers who will be writing to get classroom experiences out
there where people can learn about them, so that there's a more
balanced view of what's going on here in BC. It's exciting to be doing
cutting edge work with a bunch of intelligent and dedicated people. I
loved it! And I've already written two pieces, one of which got
published last week. Feels good, that.

Tomorrow I plan to sleep and sleep and get healthy.

And did you?

I did. :-)

Take care.

Cele
Old June 9th 04, 09:28 AM
Paul Griffiths

"Cele" wrote in message
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:48:07 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
wrote:
"Cele" wrote in message
.. .

snip

I'm still in school 'til the end of the month. No job lined up for
next year yet, but I'll deal with that when I come to it. Should be
postings over the summer.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I had a successful interview a

couple
of weeks ago so I'm working in a school again for the next year.

Thanks Paul, and congratulations!

Thanks. I'm still not 100% sure of how I feel about working full-time again
or being back in a school but I'm almost looking forward to it so it can't
be too bad, right? :-)

I've got an interview lined up for next week, and two more jobs to
apply for that I'm pretty sure to be interviewed for. Things are
starting to happen. All three jobs are consulting jobs, moving from
school to school and helping teachers work with special needs
students, as well as working with parents and teaching assistants. I'm
optimistic I'll land something like that, which is good, 'cause it's
what I did up north and what I love to do.

Yeah one of those sounds like it would suit you just fine. I'll cross my
toes too.

T was admitted to the hospital programme on Tuesday. She's finding it
very hard, but isn't wavering in her determination to do what has to
be done to get healthy. The hospital is two hours away so there's a
fair bit of driving.

I'm still not sure what this is for so if you get the chance can you

please
update me, via email perhaps.

Email is good. I'll do that. :-)

Indeed it is but for some reason I've lost the habit of using it for
anything other than work over the last year or so. Definitely something to
change IMHO.

ATM I have a sinus infection. Got some antibiotics this afternoon.

Poor you, not nice at all, I can sympathise.

I did get healthy enough for the writer's symposium, though, and I'm
awfully glad, because it was a blast!

Well at our sort of age healthy *enough* is about all we can hope for. ;-)

Glad you had a good time too BTW.

On Monday and Tuesday I'm going on a Writer's Symposium and I'm
very excited about that.

Sounds like fun. How did Monday work out?

I was in a hotel, so I'm just getting this now. The whole thing was
wonderful. Everyone there could really write, and the information and
presentations were most helpful. We formed a very mutually supportive
cadre of teachers who will be writing to get classroom experiences out
there where people can learn about them, so that there's a more
balanced view of what's going on here in BC. It's exciting to be doing
cutting edge work with a bunch of intelligent and dedicated people. I
loved it!

Sounds like great fun and I know exactly how you feel. That sort of contact
is certainly something I've missed over the last couple of years. Hopefully
things will improve soon.

And I've already written two pieces, one of which got published last
week. Feels good, that.

I can imagine. I can still remember how I felt when the first bit of kit I
ever designed started to be shipped out to customers.

Tomorrow I plan to sleep and sleep and get healthy.

And did you?

I did. :-)

Yay!

Take care.

If I must. :-))

--
Paul Griffiths

Old June 9th 04, 02:57 PM

"Cele" wrote in message
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 00:34:59 GMT, "V" wrote:

ATM I have a sinus infection. Got some antibiotics this afternoon. On
Monday and Tuesday I'm going on a Writer's Symposium and I'm very
excited about that. Tomorrow I plan to sleep and sleep and get
healthy.

Cele

That blows...I just got over one...
Vics vapo rub!
Whoo hoo!

Ah well, the drugs seem to've helped. I had a blast at the Writer's
Symposium. It was educational and exciting and hey, I just might do
some of that writing!

LOL

Take care.

Cele

Glad you had fun Cele and glad the drugs worked. Learn much?

Old June 10th 04, 03:57 AM
Cele

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 13:57:14 GMT, "V" wrote:

"Cele" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 00:34:59 GMT, "V" wrote:

ATM I have a sinus infection. Got some antibiotics this afternoon. On
Monday and Tuesday I'm going on a Writer's Symposium and I'm very
excited about that. Tomorrow I plan to sleep and sleep and get
healthy.

Cele

That blows...I just got over one...
Vics vapo rub!
Whoo hoo!

Ah well, the drugs seem to've helped. I had a blast at the Writer's
Symposium. It was educational and exciting and hey, I just might do
some of that writing!

LOL

Take care.

Cele

Glad you had fun Cele and glad the drugs worked. Learn much?

Tons. They had published writers, and editors and so forth there, and
everyone at the workshop could write beautifully. It was invigorating
and informative. I'm really glad I got to go. Now they've formed an
official Writer's Group and I'm one of the group, and that's going to
be really interesting. This coming year we've got a provincial
election, which'll make it all the more exciting.

Cele