Weird "gentler" symptoms - maybe TMI

Old March 23rd 05, 05:31 PM
Chotii

Default Weird "gentler" symptoms - maybe TMI

I don't know if I should feel worried or not. :/

By this time last pregnancy, I was puking my guts up and was nauseated
nearly 24/7. This time, to date, I've had a few 'gags' that don't result in
actual vomiting. And only once a day at most. With only mild occasional
waves of feeling 'green'.

By this time last pregnancy I couldn't brush my teeth, because it triggered
vomiting. Not so this time.

By this time last pregnancy I was so exhausted I could hardly function.
Okay, sure, I'm collapsing at midnight now (and getting up at 8 to go work
out at Curves) but I'm just not that tired. Maybe a nap every few days in
the afternoon, that's all.

By this time last pregnancy my nipples hurt so much when Alexandra nursed
that my toes curled up and I could only bear a minute at a time. The
soreness was starting, a couple of weeks ago, but it's pretty much faded
now - Gwendolyn still nurses 4-5X/day (incl. night) and it's entirely
tolerable. Also, while a week or two ago I was not getting let-downs when G
nurses, they've come back again.

I've had people say "Well maybe it's a boy, every pregnancy is different you
know," and I suppose that's true, but mine have gotten worse every time. Why
should this time be different? I'm trying to remind myself to be grateful
that I'm not sick as a dog.

Things that are the same this time as last:

My bowels have ground to a halt.

My lactose intolerance has vanished.

I'm having weird, frenetic dreams every night, and I remember them (usually
I don't remember anything I dream).

My libido has vanished.

Every single hair around my aureolae has fallen out.

I am growing 'sideburns' on my face. My hairdresser commented on that.

As unplanned and inexplicable as this pregnancy is, and as awful as the next
9 months will be if it continues, I think I'll still be devastated if I find
out that it's not viable. Well, tomorrow we'll know something, though I'm
not sure I'm even far enough along even now, to see a heartbeat. I just
don't understand why the "gentler" symptoms, and if it means anything, or if
it's simply a variation on normal.

--angela

Old March 23rd 05, 05:47 PM
Leslie

(((Angela))) I certainly understand your mixed feelings. I think every
pregnancy IS different and if this one continues perhaps it will be
nice and easy to make up for the unexpectedness of it all. :-)

Leslie

Old March 23rd 05, 07:48 PM
Michelle J. Haines

Chotii wrote:

As unplanned and inexplicable as this pregnancy is, and as awful as the next
9 months will be if it continues, I think I'll still be devastated if I find
out that it's not viable. Well, tomorrow we'll know something, though I'm
not sure I'm even far enough along even now, to see a heartbeat. I just
don't understand why the "gentler" symptoms, and if it means anything, or if
it's simply a variation on normal.

Well, after four pregnancies in which I spent my time throwing up in
ridiculous amounts, and like you, hurling every time I brushed my teeth,
I have not throw up once this pregnancy, have only experience some mild
nausea, and the worst of it was having to gag and swallow hard while
brushing my teeth just once.

I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. But so far, everything's fine.

Michelle
Flutist
Old March 23rd 05, 07:54 PM
Emily

I think we all go through a little "this isn't as bad as last
time, can it possibly be okay", but I don't even you this version
of it (such an unexpected pregnancy and such difficult pregnancies
to compare to). I like Leslie's interpretation, that this one
will continue to be easy to make up for the unexpectedness!

All best,
Emily
Old March 24th 05, 01:34 AM
Joybelle

"Chotii" wrote in message
.. .
I don't know if I should feel worried or not. :/

By this time last pregnancy, I was puking my guts up and was nauseated
nearly 24/7. This time, to date, I've had a few 'gags' that don't result

in
actual vomiting. And only once a day at most. With only mild occasional
waves of feeling 'green'.

Well, I'm going to start off saying I feel quite similar to you in that I'm
not sure if I should feel worried or not about myself! This is my fourth
pregnancy, and I have felt quite well. My symptoms are so mild compared to
the last two times. Now what worries me, is with my first pregnancy I felt
wonderful throughout and had only mild symptoms. She was born with a birth
defect, and I just keep thinking what if this one develops something worse?
sigh.... Irrational, but still... Half the time I feel like I'm not even
pregnant. So weird.

I hope all is well for you.

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Oct 2005

Old March 24th 05, 04:44 AM
Jenrose

"Chotii" wrote in message
.. .
I don't know if I should feel worried or not. :/

By this time last pregnancy, I was puking my guts up and was nauseated
nearly 24/7. This time, to date, I've had a few 'gags' that don't result
in actual vomiting. And only once a day at most. With only mild occasional
waves of feeling 'green'.

Tandem nursing is reported by some women to chill out the nausea of early
pregnancy. Not a "sure thing" but a plausible explanation.

I had far less nausea with Shiny than I did with dd1, though I still had
some.

There was next to no nausea (just an occasional queasy feeling, not "gag")
with the miscarriage, but still, with Shiny it was just always fairly
manageable (and didn't "peak" until late in the first tri... I think I threw
up more in the first half of the second tri than I did in the whole rest of
the first trimester). With dd1, I was throwing up constantly from 6 weeks
on.

Jenrose

Old March 30th 05, 01:25 PM
Chookie

In article ,
"Chotii" wrote:

I don't know if I should feel worried or not. :/

Probably not. The range of normal pregnancy symptoms varies enormously. In
my first, I never once felt sick, nor was I tired or any of those other things
that are consideed typical. I did start leaking colostrum at 20 weeks and
felt DS move early, so I *was* sure I was pregnant! This time, I felt sick
once (or twice -- once as the plane went up and once as it went down -- I
suspect that the nausea was due to dehydration), but have felt much more
tired. It's normal to get symptoms, but it's also normal not to get them.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.