Woman indicted in alleged scheme to get child support

Old May 3rd 07, 02:28 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Default Woman indicted in alleged scheme to get child support

ALBUQUERQUE - A grand jury has indicted a woman accused of pretending
she'd had a child and bilking her former husband out of more than
$26,000.

The Bernalillo County grand jury last week indicted Viola Trevino, 54,
on 24 counts, including kidnapping, perjury, conspiracy to commit
fraud and conspiracy to commit forgery.

Trevino and Steve Barreras divorced in August 1999. The divorce papers
make no mention of a pregnancy or minor children.

However, in December 1999, Trevino sued for child support, saying she
gave birth to Barreras' child that September.

The elaborate scheme to get child support included false DNA evidence,
a forged Social Security number and forged birth and baptismal
certificates, authorities have said.

They say it came apart in December 2004, when a judge ordered her to
bring the child to court.

According to court records, Trevino picked up a 2-year-old and her
grandmother from a city street, promising them lunch, $50 and a visit
to Santa Claus. Trevino then took the child to court, alleging she was
her daughter.

However, state District Judge Linda Vanzi ruled Trevino had fabricated
the baby she claimed Barreras fathered.

Trevino had a tubal ligation in 1978 and Barreras had a vasectomy in
1998, court records show.

Last October, Trevino was sentenced to 16 months in prison after
pleading guilty to making a false federal income tax return. The U.S.
attorney's office said the 2001 tax return included falsely claimed
exemptions, Earned Income Credit, and child and dependent care
expenses for a nonexistent child.

Old May 3rd 07, 04:46 PM posted to alt.child-support
SpiderHam77

Wow, quite the story there... What I find odd in the first place
was the fact that no one had actually laid eyes on this child from the
start... That the dad never requested access to the child... Extt...
Hmm.. Oh well.

Old May 3rd 07, 05:23 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

$26,000 Fraud Scam, tax evasion, and an assortment otherfelonies and all she
gets is16 months?

ups.com...

Old May 3rd 07, 08:21 PM posted to alt.child-support
whatamess

On May 3, 12:23 pm, "DB" wrote:
$26,000 Fraud Scam, tax evasion, and an assortment otherfelonies and all she
gets is16 months?

"SpiderHam77" wrote in message

ups.com...

Wow, quite the story there... What I find odd in the first place
was the fact that no one had actually laid eyes on this child from the
start... That the dad never requested access to the child... Extt...
Hmm.. Oh well.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, I'm sure that she won't have to pay the money back...you
know...hmmm...
If these idiots at the CSE offices did their job, the would've known
years ago...
No different than that little girl that had died years before the
father found out
and the mom continued to collect CS...hmmm...But I'm sure, the women
will all claim these are "isolated" incidents...

I knew someone who was married...they had a child together...after two
years,
the mom disappeared from Texas...months later called that she was with
her
new boyfriend...for over 3 years the Dad fully supported his son, had
his mother
take care of the baby as much as possible...eventually hired a nanny,
as he
was in the military...Well, sure enough, he eventually also fell in
love with the nanny...
that's when things changes...mom came back asking for her child...Dad
said no way,
so she took him to court...What did the courts do? Well, of course
they were not happy,
but at the point mom saw she could not win, she told them all that the
baby was NOT her
ex-husband's baby...yes, the kiddo he had raised was not
his...soooo...the courts gave
the child to the mother...and the father could no longer have access
to the child because
he was not the bio father...too bad...so sad...but because he was on
the birth certificate,
he had to pay support with no rights to see him...mom moved the child
to Oklahoma...
last I heard, her new live in boyfriend was actually the baby's
father...

Go figure...great laws we have in this country to protect
children...no, they are there
to protect stupid women...period.

Old May 3rd 07, 11:17 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

SpiderHam77 wrote:
Wow, quite the story there... What I find odd in the first place
was the fact that no one had actually laid eyes on this child from the
start... That the dad never requested access to the child... Extt...
Hmm.. Oh well.

Not that he would have requested access to a child he knew did not
exist, but actually he did. He spent a couple of years I believe trying
to get the courts to listen to him and force the mother to produce the
child. So when the courts finally agree to do so, she goes and snatches
one off the street.
And this is just the child support. We aren't even talking about the
spousal support she attempted to defraud him of.
Old May 3rd 07, 11:20 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

whatamess wrote:
On May 3, 12:23 pm, "DB" wrote:
$26,000 Fraud Scam, tax evasion, and an assortment otherfelonies and all she
gets is16 months?

"SpiderHam77" wrote in message

ups.com...

Wow, quite the story there... What I find odd in the first place
was the fact that no one had actually laid eyes on this child from the
start... That the dad never requested access to the child... Extt...
Hmm.. Oh well.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, I'm sure that she won't have to pay the money back...you
know...hmmm...
If these idiots at the CSE offices did their job, the would've known
years ago...
No different than that little girl that had died years before the
father found out
and the mom continued to collect CS...hmmm...But I'm sure, the women
will all claim these are "isolated" incidents...

Even, arguemendo, that this is an isolated incident--and the level of
chutzpah and deception is remarkable--consider what this says. Child
Support Enforcement claims that it is working in the best interest of
the child. How do you represent somebody's best interests when you
don't even see them--let alone talk to them--in the first place. And
keep in mind they are not like elected representatives; they are
assigned cases with individuals.
Old May 4th 07, 03:15 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"SpiderHam77" wrote in message
ups.com...
Wow, quite the story there... What I find odd in the first place
was the fact that no one had actually laid eyes on this child from the
start... That the dad never requested access to the child... Extt...
Hmm.. Oh well.

That's because.................. women never lie.

Old May 4th 07, 03:19 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"whatamess" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 3, 12:23 pm, "DB" wrote:
$26,000 Fraud Scam, tax evasion, and an assortment otherfelonies and all

she
gets is16 months?

"SpiderHam77" wrote in message

ups.com...

Wow, quite the story there... What I find odd in the first place
was the fact that no one had actually laid eyes on this child from the
start... That the dad never requested access to the child... Extt...
Hmm.. Oh well.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, I'm sure that she won't have to pay the money back...you
know...hmmm...
If these idiots at the CSE offices did their job, the would've known
years ago...

How do you know they DIDN'T know?

[...]

More aptly, they are there to protect WICKED women and to harm men and
children.

Old May 4th 07, 03:26 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"John Meyer" wrote in message
. ..
whatamess wrote:
On May 3, 12:23 pm, "DB" wrote:
[...]

They are nothing more than paper pushers with one sole agenda: transfer the
wealth from the hard workers to the lazy!

Old May 4th 07, 03:44 PM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On May 3, 2:21�pm, whatamess wrote:
On May 3, 12:23 pm, "DB" wrote:

[...]

A negative DNA test would end support.