Little bad news, little good news

Old December 5th 03, 07:01 PM
Auntie Bubbles

Default Little bad news, little good news

Hi all,
I posted not long ago about my arms and hands falling asleep and gathered
from some responses that it is symptomatic of carpal tunnel syndrome. Well,
despite wearing braces and changing pillows it's not getting better, it's
getting worse. So much so that I can't do my job right anymore (I'm a
waitress in a coffee shop). I saw a Dr. in my medical group yesterday and
he confirmed my suspicions and released me from work for a week. I am
trying to see my primary Dr. in that time (HMO's are such a ****ing pain) so
she can tell me if I should apply for disability and fill out my paperwork
if need be. There doesn't appear to be anything that can be done about it.
The Dr. yesterday gave me Tylenol #3 (he said it was safe, but I won't take
it until I talk to my O/B) and told me to take long hot showers. I am quite
depressed about this because I like my job and I like to work and we need my
income for as long as we can get it.
The good news is that my parents are taking us on a cruise for Christmas!
We'll be on the ship Christmas day! We are really excited and looking
forward to being pampered and catered to for 4 days. Anyone here been on a
cruise while pregnant? I worry a little about seasickness. We took a cruise
this year in May for our 10th anniversary (I know, how lucky to get two
cruises in one year!) and I took Bonine every morning as a precaution and
never got seasick, but I haven't checked yet to see if I can take it this
time. I also don't have to worry about being thin and gorgeous this
time....no chance of that, so I can just relax and have a good time and this
time I'll eat dessert!
Cheers,
Alexis
EDD 4/21/04 Beanie #1

Old December 5th 03, 07:53 PM
Ilse Witch

Auntie Bubbles wrote:
The Dr. yesterday gave me Tylenol #3 (he said it was safe, but I won't take
it until I talk to my O/B) and told me to take long hot showers. I am quite
depressed about this because I like my job and I like to work and we need my
income for as long as we can get it.

I'm so sorry to hear that it's getting worse. I do hope you find a
way to deal with it. Perhaps someone with more experience can give
you some better advice.

The good news is that my parents are taking us on a cruise for Christmas!

O wow!! I've always wanted to go on a cruise. I don't get seasick even
if I wanted to, so I cannot help you there either... I do hope you
enjoy it, and are not at all affected by any nasty sickness.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (16m)

Old December 5th 03, 09:01 PM
Rob and Laura

have you tried the braces with the megnants in them? They work WONDERS!!
comapared the just regular braces. My dad had Carpual tunnel in both arms
and he worse these braces you can get with megnants in them and it helps so
so much.
He ended up getting the surgery done after a few years but for the pain in
the time being that is what he used.
I suggest looking into that.

--
Laura, TTC #2
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

Old December 6th 03, 01:10 AM
Honey38ch

Have fun on the cruise! How thrilling. Just watch out what you eat - wasn't
there a listeriosis scare on cruise ship? Don't eat anything like meat or
cheese that's been sitting out.
Honey
Old December 6th 03, 07:07 AM
Auntie Bubbles

"Rob and Laura" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
have you tried the braces with the megnants in them? They work WONDERS!!
comapared the just regular braces. My dad had Carpual tunnel in both arms
and he worse these braces you can get with megnants in them and it helps

so
so much.
He ended up getting the surgery done after a few years but for the pain in
the time being that is what he used.
I suggest looking into that.

Okay, I will, any suggestions on where to start?
Alexis

Old December 6th 03, 02:39 PM
Rob and Laura

You mean to start looking for these braces? If so I picked up my dad one in
Wal mart. But I am in canada so I have no idea where to find them to where
you live if you are in the US or anywhere else.
also our local drug stores have them up here as well.

Old December 6th 03, 04:27 PM
Carol Ann

":: I posted not long ago about my arms and hands falling asleep and
gathered
:: from some responses that it is symptomatic of carpal tunnel syndrome.
Well,
:: despite wearing braces and changing pillows it's not getting better, it's
:: getting worse. So much so that I can't do my job right anymore (I'm a
:: waitress in a coffee shop). I saw a Dr. in my medical group yesterday
and
:: he confirmed my suspicions and released me from work for a week.

My arms are getting worse, too! I just have to keep my arm straightened
out. I seems bending it for long periods of time causes my hand to fall
asleep. I'm thinking the swelling is causing the blood flow to seriously
stop when my elbow is bent.

I won't take any time off from work though. I'll just try to keep shaking
the arm.

:: The good news is that my parents are taking us on a cruise for Christmas!
:: We'll be on the ship Christmas day! We are really excited and looking
:: forward to being pampered and catered to for 4 days. Anyone here been on
:: cruise while pregnant? I worry a little about seasickness. We took a
cruise
:: this year in May for our 10th anniversary (I know, how lucky to get two
:: cruises in one year!) and I took Bonine every morning as a precaution and
:: never got seasick, but I haven't checked yet to see if I can take it this
:: time. I also don't have to worry about being thin and gorgeous this
:: time....no chance of that, so I can just relax and have a good time and
this
:: time I'll eat dessert!

Woo-hoo! A cruise! I hear many pregnant women go on the Disney Cruise!
LOL! I've been on a couple and really enjoyed them (but never pregnant).

After you speak to your OB you'll have a better idea on what to take and do.
Good luck!!

~Carol Ann