MIRACLE 2 YEAR OLD FALLS FACE FIRST INTO SCREWDRIVER (RIGHT INTO EYESOCKET), NO EYE OR BRAIN DAMAGE

Old December 31st 07, 05:01 AM posted to alt.guitar,rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.drugs.hard,alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots,misc.kids
X-RAIDED

Default MIRACLE 2 YEAR OLD FALLS FACE FIRST INTO SCREWDRIVER (RIGHT INTO EYESOCKET), NO EYE OR BRAIN DAMAGE

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...94/detail.html

BOSTON -- Doctors report an amazing story out of Minnesota.

A 2-year-old Farmington, Minn., girl suffered only a bruise when a
screwdriver went right into her head, according to the Minneapolis Star
Tribune.

Teagan Gislason was playing with some other children in a supervised
area during a church service in Cannon Falls, Minn., Dec. 19 when she
found the screwdriver and started running with it and fell.

It pierced her skull, just above her left eye.

Neither her eye nor her brain was damaged and doctors did not need to
perform surgery to remove it, although it did take four hours to extract
the tool from her head.

She is expected to make a full recovery with normal use of her eye after
spending almost a week at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.

Her father, Neil Gislason, said the accident was "very, very scary," and
called his daughter's recovery a "Christmas miracle."

Gislason's mother, Katie, was at work when she got the call about the
accident, according to WCCO-TV in Minneapolis.

"All I kept thinking was I don't care about scars, I don't care about
loss of movement, I don't care about loss of vision, I don't care about
her speech. I just want her alive," she said.

There is a fund to help pay for Teagan's medical bills:

Teagan Gislason Fund
C/O Provincial Bank
20280 Iberia Ave.
Lakeville, Minn., 55044