Urgent help needed

Old July 20th 03, 03:46 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Default Urgent help needed

rosie wrote:

my bm is making my baby sick (clarins facial which
used aromatherapy oils) how long before my bm is okay again.

Sorry, I don't really understand the question. On the off
chance that other people don't either, maybe you could
rephrase with some more detail?
- In what way is the baby sick?
- You put something with aromatherapy oils on your face (or
somewhere else) before the baby got sick?
- Which aromatherapy oils were in it?

Phoebe

Old July 20th 03, 03:57 AM
rosie

"Phoebe & Allyson" wrote in message
rosie wrote:

my bm is making my baby sick (clarins facial which
used aromatherapy oils) how long before my bm is okay again.

Sorry, I don't really understand the question. On the off
chance that other people don't either, maybe you could
rephrase with some more detail?
- In what way is the baby sick?
- You put something with aromatherapy oils on your face (or
somewhere else) before the baby got sick?
- Which aromatherapy oils were in it?

Phoebe

I had a Clarins facial at 11 a.m yesterday (I live in the UK so this is
GMT). The lady used a number of Clarins products - I'm not sure what they
were but they were very pungent - containing oils of some sort. I only
breastfeed at night and since she had her first breatsfeed at 6 PM (prior to
putting her down to sleep) she vomited after about a couple of minutes of
feeding. This has happened every time ever since - she won't take formula
and is quite obviously distressed as a result.

I wanted to check to see if this was a possibility of cause - its never
happened before, baby otherwise is bright and alert. If so - how long should
I wait before breastfeeding again?

Thanks

rosie

Old July 20th 03, 07:38 AM
rosie

Thank you for your messages, phew that's one night I do not want to go
through. In total my DD was sick eight times, each time two or three
minutes after bfing.

Have pumped and dumped 8 oz from each boobie and just fed her again -
fingers crossed.

Not sure what caused it but just glad she's okay now.

Thanks

Old July 20th 03, 08:52 AM
Chookie

In article ,
Phoebe & Allyson wrote:

Another site says juniper is contraindicated, but doesn't
say why.

Juniper seems to have a connection with the female reproductive system -- lots
of women become weepy after drinking gin!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990
Old July 20th 03, 02:43 PM
silvasurfa

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
Phoebe & Allyson wrote:

Another site says juniper is contraindicated, but doesn't
say why.

Juniper seems to have a connection with the female reproductive system --

lots
of women become weepy after drinking gin!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

And there was that old wives tale that one could acheive abortion by
drinking a bottle of gin then jumping off a table/having a really hot
bath.....

Old July 20th 03, 02:44 PM
silvasurfa

"rosie" wrote in message
Thank you for your messages, phew that's one night I do not want to go
through. In total my DD was sick eight times, each time two or three
minutes after bfing.

Have pumped and dumped 8 oz from each boobie and just fed her again -
fingers crossed.

Not sure what caused it but just glad she's okay now.

Thanks

I've found they are sometimes like that just coming out of a growth
spurt.... your boobs are suddenly making more than they need and they
over-eat.