Update re (least) common allergens via breastmilk

Old January 20th 04, 08:04 PM
zeldabee

Default Update re (least) common allergens via breastmilk

Linz was all, like:
"zeldabee" wrote:
Linz was all, like:

Hurrah!
And you'll be doing the 12 week sleep thing soon (next week?) and
you'll be amazed at how much things have changed across the board.

What is the "12 week sleep thing"?

Back in April a researcher posted to a few pregnancy groups looking
for new babies to take part in research about sleep - it's called HUSH
Babies (Helping to Understand Sleep Habits in Babies). [...]

Ah. Interesting.

I got some pics of YB asleep wearing his tag and I intend sending
Yvonne one or two so she can see what one of subjects looked like
asleep.
Actually, this is what he looked like...
http://www.zen18019.zen.co.uk/jack/ten_weeks.jpg

Aw, bless. A fine looking Young Bloke he is...

YoungBloke has finally reached the stage where not every nappy is
dirty, which I feel is wonderful, and is another 'milestone' to look
forward to. I'm still waiting for not pooing every day, though!

Heh. I *prefer* it when Sprogly poops every day--it's so much more
manageable than when he saves it up. Especially when we're out and
about. Gah.

Okay, once a day I'd be thrilled with!

Even that can be a bit much with Sprogly. I don't know how he does it. If
it's not out the leg holes, it's up the back.

Sprogly stopped the every nappy dirty thing right after he started daycare,
about a week after I switched to paper nappies...our DCP was unenthusiastic
about washing out the covers 4x/day, and I couldn't see buying more covers,
and schlepping poopy diapers back and forth every day. Now I sort of wish
I'd stuck with the cloth...can't afford the nappy service *and*
disposables...I wish I had a washing machine. *grumble*

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m
http://NewsReader.Com/

Old January 20th 04, 08:37 PM
Em

"Linz" wrote in message
Sidheag McCormack
wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement! The last few days we've had only yellow poo
(including one yesterday that was so impressive I emailed DH at work

about
it :-) so although DS still gets uncomfortable with wind, maybe things

are
changing in his digestive system in a good way now and his discomfort

will
ease soon. Here's hoping!

Hurrah!
And you'll be doing the 12 week sleep thing soon (next week?) and
you'll be amazed at how much things have changed across the board.

YoungBloke has finally reached the stage where not every nappy is
dirty, which I feel is wonderful, and is another 'milestone' to look
forward to. I'm still waiting for not pooing every day, though!

My DS was still pooping up to six times per day when he was three months old
and I despaired of ever getting to the one-per-day-or less milestone. I even
asked at about it at a La Leche League meeting and they seemed of the
opinion that if he hadn't cut back by the three month mark, he was probably
going to remain a poop-a-lot-Bobby (family joke :-). Anyway, a week or two
later, he suddenly switched to once per day or once every other day. The
every others are not even as bad as some of the six-per-day were, so I'm not
positive what is up digestionally speaking. It has been about two weeks now
of this new "pattern" so far, so I'm getting used to it.

--
Em
mama to L-baby, 4 months tomorrow!

Old January 21st 04, 05:45 PM
Linz

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:04:18 -0500, "zeldabee"
wrote:

Linz was all, like:
"zeldabee" wrote:
Linz was all, like:

Hurrah!
And you'll be doing the 12 week sleep thing soon (next week?) and
you'll be amazed at how much things have changed across the board.

What is the "12 week sleep thing"?

Back in April a researcher posted to a few pregnancy groups looking
for new babies to take part in research about sleep - it's called HUSH
Babies (Helping to Understand Sleep Habits in Babies). [...]

Ah. Interesting.

Yes - I must ask if we'll get some feedback at the end of the study.

I got some pics of YB asleep wearing his tag and I intend sending
Yvonne one or two so she can see what one of subjects looked like
asleep.
Actually, this is what he looked like...
http://www.zen18019.zen.co.uk/jack/ten_weeks.jpg

Aw, bless. A fine looking Young Bloke he is...

I am marginally biased, but I agree. He's got a good set of lungs on
him, too!

YoungBloke has finally reached the stage where not every nappy is
dirty, which I feel is wonderful, and is another 'milestone' to look
forward to. I'm still waiting for not pooing every day, though!

Heh. I *prefer* it when Sprogly poops every day--it's so much more
manageable than when he saves it up. Especially when we're out and
about. Gah.

Okay, once a day I'd be thrilled with!

Even that can be a bit much with Sprogly. I don't know how he does it. If
it's not out the leg holes, it's up the back.

Oh yes, BTDT with disposables. Change the entire outfit, not just the
nappy.

Sprogly stopped the every nappy dirty thing right after he started daycare,
about a week after I switched to paper nappies...our DCP was unenthusiastic
about washing out the covers 4x/day, and I couldn't see buying more covers,
and schlepping poopy diapers back and forth every day. Now I sort of wish
I'd stuck with the cloth...can't afford the nappy service *and*
disposables...I wish I had a washing machine. *grumble*

What a shame. When YB starts nursery I've already checked that they
have no problems with cotton nappies and wraps, which they haven't -
if they do, or if we run out of wraps, I'll use eco-disposables. The
nurseries I've looked at all welcome BF mums to come and feed their
babies too, which is very supportive.
--
Linz
YB: 12 weeks, 14lbs 14oz
Old January 21st 04, 05:47 PM
Linz

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:37:08 GMT, "Em"
wrote:

"Linz" wrote in message

YoungBloke has finally reached the stage where not every nappy is
dirty, which I feel is wonderful, and is another 'milestone' to look
forward to. I'm still waiting for not pooing every day, though!

My DS was still pooping up to six times per day when he was three months old
and I despaired of ever getting to the one-per-day-or less milestone. I even
asked at about it at a La Leche League meeting and they seemed of the
opinion that if he hadn't cut back by the three month mark, he was probably
going to remain a poop-a-lot-Bobby (family joke :-). Anyway, a week or two
later, he suddenly switched to once per day or once every other day. The
every others are not even as bad as some of the six-per-day were, so I'm not
positive what is up digestionally speaking. It has been about two weeks now
of this new "pattern" so far, so I'm getting used to it.

Today every nappy has been dirty. So has every wrap, and one complete
set of clothes. And the /smell/! I'm beginning to wonder what I ate
yesterday that made such a difference!
--
Linz
YB: 12 weeks, 14lbs 14oz
Old January 25th 04, 01:50 PM
Sidheag McCormack

Linz writes:

Hurrah! And you'll be doing the 12 week sleep thing soon (next week?)
and you'll be amazed at how much things have changed across the board.

I don't know about amazed - the change is pretty gradual, nightime sleep
seems to be getting worse rather than better (3 month growth spurt, maybe)
and he still feeds 6 hours in 24 (ie I'm still waiting for the efficient
5-10 minute feeds people say start around now, and it's still the case that
if he hasn't fed for an hour in the day, he's probably hungry. Still,
things are changing, esp the length of time he can play and the kinds of
play he can do - it's great to see him discovering things, even if it is
that he can grab my hair in both hands and latch onto my nose!

YoungBloke has finally reached the stage where not every nappy is dirty,
which I feel is wonderful, and is another 'milestone' to look forward
to. I'm still waiting for not pooing every day, though! -- Linz YB: 12
weeks, 14lbs 14oz

Yup, DS sometimes has nappies that are only wet. The dirty ones tend to be
*very* dirty these days though!

A colleague of DH's asked if he was on solids yet - *after* asking how old
he is! She also explained to me before he was born that she hadn't been
able to bf because her babies were "hungrier" :-(

Sidheag
DS Colin Oct 27 2003