the bizarrest symptom

Old November 20th 07, 07:50 PM posted to misc.kids
Pologirl

Default the bizarrest symptom

Pologirl wrote:
Is this physician thinking your DS has something like a rectocele?

Anne Rogers wrote:
I don't think so

Well, then I have to wonder by what mechanism he supposes bath water
could fill the rectum. KWIM?

Pologirl

Old November 20th 07, 07:59 PM posted to misc.kids
Beliavsky

On Nov 20, 11:32 am, Banty wrote:

House calls? Did I understand you correctly?

I recently read an article, probably in the Wall Street Journal or New
York Times, saying that some big companies such as (I think) Google
are providing employees with physician house calls in their health
insurance. This reduces the employees' time away from work.

Here's an article, but I don't think this is the one I remember.
Retro Medicine: Doctors Making House Calls (for a Price)
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/23/bu...23doctors.html
Old November 20th 07, 08:05 PM posted to misc.kids
Pologirl

Pologirl wrote:
What can happen is the lining of the large intestine
secretes fluid rather than absorbing it, resulting in cramps and acute
diarrhea without the usual sensations that tell you a trip to the
toilet is needed.

It is called secretory diarrhea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diarrhe...etory_diarrhea

Pologirl

Old November 20th 07, 09:21 PM posted to misc.kids
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Well, then I have to wonder by what mechanism he supposes bath water
could fill the rectum. KWIM?

oh I do know what you mean, but it was completely odourless liquid and
in large quantities, I'd find it hard to believe his body could produce
that much without prior or subsequent symptoms. The doctor did draw DH a
diagram, but it doesn't seem to be around, mentioned something about a
ligament that holds everything together that could be injured or lax due
to the connective tissue disorder. You'd think if it was something like
that you'd get prolapsed rectum regularly, but just like DS, I just had
it once at the same age and for neither of us was it constipation. DS
always has very normal stools.

Anne