Obama Climbs On The Vaccine Bandwagon

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 23rd 08, 09:31 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
PeterB

Default Obama Climbs On The Vaccine Bandwagon

On Apr 22, 8:09*pm, Jeff wrote:
PeterB wrote:
Vaccine is certainly implicated in autism even if it's not
likely to be the sole trigger. *What's tragic is that vaccine is
so completely unncessary and without scientific basis.

Really? Ever notice all those kids coming down with polio? Staying
home from school from measles? Having birth defects from rubella?
Not anymore.

Timeline data for all of these proves conclusively that vaccine had
nothing to do with them. Look it up. When a child contracts a case
of measles these days, it's almost certain that it won't be reported
due to vaccine bias based on a child's vaccine status, but the best
vaccine does is to limit or reduce the severity of a viral infection
(and sometimes it produces symptoms not unlike the disease itself.)
Since parents nowadays don't suspect a communicable disease, a child
is rarely presented to a doctor for evaluation. He or she stays out
of school for a day or two with a "flu bug." Even if the child is
presented for evaluation, a doctor rarely orders blood work. Again,
that is based on vaccine bias. You probably don't know that measles
mortality had already declined by 95% before the vaccine was even
introduced, and for that to happen, severe morbidity had to be
declining, as well.

Vaccines completely eliminated polio in the Western hemisphrere,
nearly completely stopped measles (with all cases from sources
outside the US), decreased invasive Hib disease, nearly eliminated
rubella-related birth defects, decrease the incidence and severity
of chicken pox, decreased the rates of diptheria, tetanus and
purtussis.

One of my cousins died at age 3 within an hour of receiving her
pertussis vaccine. This was before I was born and people rarely
sought legal remedy against medical providers in those days. Both her
mother and my mother (who had not yet had children of her own)were
devastated by this loss. It's true that such diseases today are not
the problem they once were, but vaccine was far too late in the game
to explain those declines. Nowadays, we chalk most of our "mystery"
bugs up to that "weird flu" going around, but you don't really know.

If you want to decrease the chances of your kid from getting sick
or dying, then vaccines are necessary.

Care to back that up with risk-adjusted scientific evidence from a
published source?

Mr Barack Obama 2Barter.net General 0 July 22nd 07 04:25 PM
Boring old question: 2 year old climbs out of crib... kks General 3 June 7th 05 01:02 PM