OT Leather sofas good idea?

Old January 24th 04, 10:32 PM
Andrea

Default OT Leather sofas good idea?

Hi,

I wanted to know for those of you with soft leather sofa and kids, do the
two go well?
Are they hard-wearing? I want to buy a couple, but not if they are going to
get trashed in 5 mins!

Thanks,

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 7 months still nursing strong
with 4 teeth!

A black crow stole my soul, and now I want it back. (For those with PPD).

Old January 24th 04, 11:36 PM
Chotii

"Andrea" wrote in message
Hi,

I wanted to know for those of you with soft leather sofa and kids, do the
two go well?
Are they hard-wearing? I want to buy a couple, but not if they are going

get trashed in 5 mins!

We recently bought a car, and the salesman tried to upsell us to the leather
upholstery, saying that it's less likely to absorb spills than fabric is. It
made sense, but we bought the cheaper one anyway.

--angela

Old January 25th 04, 12:03 AM
Plissken

"Andrea" wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| I wanted to know for those of you with soft leather sofa and kids, do the
| two go well?
| Are they hard-wearing? I want to buy a couple, but not if they are going
| get trashed in 5 mins!

I don't have a leather sofa but I have to sing praises about the sofa I do
have. I have a suede effect microfibre sofa and it rocks! I have spilt tons
on it, had DD spit up on it and have a cat that lives on it. It is soooo
easy to clean and it looks wonderful. Something to consider.

Nadene

Old January 25th 04, 12:38 AM
A&G&K

"Andrea" wrote in message
Hi,

I wanted to know for those of you with soft leather sofa and kids, do the
two go well?
Are they hard-wearing? I want to buy a couple, but not if they are going

get trashed in 5 mins!

We have my parents old leather suite which survived 10+ years of my brother
and I abusing it (although we were never allowed to eat in the lounge room
so few if any spills) and a further 10 or so years without us in the house.
The leather on the seats is ripped in two of the 5 seat cushions and Dad's
dog bit a chunk out of a foot rest so it looks a bit battered now, but is
still perfectly OK for us to use in the family room. The only annoying
thing is that any sort of throw cover just slides off - everyone used to
hate the doilies my Mum draped over the seat backs that fell on your head as
soon as you sat down.

my 2c
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old January 25th 04, 01:43 AM
Shannon G

"Andrea" wrote in message
Hi,

I wanted to know for those of you with soft leather sofa and kids, do the
two go well?
Are they hard-wearing? I want to buy a couple, but not if they are going

get trashed in 5 mins!

Thanks,

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 7 months still nursing

strong
with 4 teeth!

We bought our leather sectional 5 years ago before kids were born. It is
grade 10 leather, very, very soft and untreated. We've had more spills,
scratches, etc. from dogs and kids and it wipes up nicely. It looks wet for
awhile til it dries. Scratches from dog paws wipe out with the oils from
your fingers. I will buy leather again when ours needs replacing.

Shannon

Old January 25th 04, 06:08 AM
HollyLewis

I wanted to know for those of you with soft leather sofa and kids, do the
two go well?
Are they hard-wearing? I want to buy a couple, but not if they are going to
get trashed in 5 mins!

Leather stands up to spills and rambunctious kids much better than any cloth
upholstery does.

Sadly, I hate the way leather sofas look and feel. Oh well.

Holly
Mom to Camden, almost 3
EDD #2 6/8/04
Old January 26th 04, 10:45 AM
Anne Rogers

our sofa is mainly leather covered, the actual sofa is 100 years old,
we can't track down exactly when it was recovered, but it was probably the
70s. It's wearing very well.