convincing ds to drink milk in the day time

Old January 26th 04, 12:02 PM
Anne Rogers

Default convincing ds to drink milk in the day time

ds is 8 months old this week, in the last couple of weeks he has really
figured out that breast is the best way to get his milk and ebm in a
bottle is just not a good thing. The problem with this is he's started
waking regularly in the night to get his food. I've been enjoying the
extra rest and if I lose it for more than the occasional night my PPD is
likely to get worse again.

An example of his consumption is that on Saturday I was away for 6 hours,
he took 1oz of milk, and that took a lot of encouragement.

I'm thinking of trying a sippy cup instead of a bottle, does anyone have
any other ideas. I had been planning to increase his time in day care as I
need to study, but I can't do that on less sleep, so I'm holding off on
that for a few weeks.

-----------
Anne Rogers

Old January 26th 04, 03:08 PM
Lucy

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message

snip

I'm thinking of trying a sippy cup instead of a bottle, does anyone have
any other ideas. I had been planning to increase his time in day care as I
need to study, but I can't do that on less sleep, so I'm holding off on
that for a few weeks.

That's what we did. DD was never really into the bottle but when we switched
to a sippy cup she'd drink plenty of EBM with no problems.

Give it a try. It can't hurt!

Lucy