suggestions for bottles

Old July 30th 03, 07:48 PM
Cindy Senger

Default suggestions for bottles

We used the Ventaire with our twins and they worked okay until the bottoms
started to wear out and cause leaks. We liked them, but eventually had to
order new bottoms which were almost as expensive as new bottles. With my new
little one, we are using the Playtex nursers with the new clear, bigger nipple.
It is going fairly well though Jenna is still getting the hang of bottle
feeding. She is breastfeeding and has only had a few bottles in her short
life. I would second the breastfeeding suggestion. I did not do it with my
twins because I was sick after they were born and they were premies and given
bottles in the hospital and couldn't get the hang of nursing-- they were small
and lazy suckers. I think I could have made a go of it with bigger babies and
a healthier mom. I'm really enjoying bf'ing this time and it seems so much
easier-- virtually no clean-up and its ready as soon as she starts crying.
Like I said, I've never done it with twins, but there are lots of folks on this
ng who could give you support if you change your mind.

-Cindy (mom to Ashlyn and Allyson 6/99 and Jenna 6/03)

In article ,
says...

Amanda,
We went through so many bottles and nipples! I bought all the expensive
Playtex Drop-ins and they absolutely hated them! The nipple is very hard
to suck from, better if you are goin from breast to bottle. JMO, but I
feel the Dr. Brown's is just hype, might be better for reflux babies,
but no need to splurge if you have no "real" feeding problems.

When my babies were younger, they used the Munchkin (Johnson) Healthflow
5 oz. bottles. They were easy for Mom to hold and the nipple was great.
Now that they are older, we use the Playtex Ventaire and I also like
these. Similar nipple and again, easy to hold.

Happy Shopping!!

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis