Bath temperatures

Old March 31st 05, 11:20 AM
rangitotogirl

Default Bath temperatures

Does anyone know what the maximum temperature for a bath should be while
you're pregnant and at what stage of pregnancy you should start being
concerned about it? I know some people have said if you start feeling faint
it's too hot but at what temperature does a bath stop being classified as
warm and start being classified as hot?

Old April 1st 05, 11:44 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"rangitotogirl" wrote:

Does anyone know what the maximum temperature for a bath should be while
you're pregnant and at what stage of pregnancy you should start being
concerned about it?

From what I understand, there's no problems with a normal domestic bath --
it's the use of spas and saunas that can be a problem. In the first case,
more of you is under water and the water is hotter, and in teh second case,
you're just *very* hot.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.
Old April 1st 05, 11:53 PM
Jamie Clark

I think even a hot bath is fine --- you know it's too hot when you feel like
you are getting short of breath, need to get out, or feel like you are
sweating. Other than that, enjoy! A warm or hot bath, short of those
symptoms mentioned above, shouldn't be enough to get your core body temp
raised.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old April 2nd 05, 12:06 AM
Melania

rangitotogirl wrote:
Does anyone know what the maximum temperature for a bath should be

while
you're pregnant and at what stage of pregnancy you should start being

concerned about it? I know some people have said if you start

feeling faint
it's too hot but at what temperature does a bath stop being

classified as
warm and start being classified as hot?

I take hot baths. I just don't take them every day and I don't stay in
for too long. I know when I'm overheating, and I don't get myself into
that situation.

I also occasionally go into the hot tub in our building, because it
isn't one of those "peel the skin off" hot tubs (really no hotter than
our bath). I never go in above the waist, I don't stay in too long, but
the jets really help the sore pregnant joints.

Melania
Mom to Joffre (Jan 11, 2003)
and #2 (edd May 21, 2005)

Old April 2nd 05, 10:03 PM
rangitotogirl

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
I think even a hot bath is fine --- you know it's too hot when you feel
like you are getting short of breath, need to get out, or feel like you are
sweating. Other than that, enjoy! A warm or hot bath, short of those
symptoms mentioned above, shouldn't be enough to get your core body temp
raised.
--

Great, thanks everyone for your advice.

Old April 3rd 05, 12:00 AM
Buzzy Bee

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:20:29 +1200, "rangitotogirl"
wrote:

Does anyone know what the maximum temperature for a bath should be while
you're pregnant and at what stage of pregnancy you should start being
concerned about it?

My midwife said as long as you don't come out looking like a lobster
you're ok. Some stricter rules say no warmer than 39C or even 37C
which is what you'd have a baby's bath at.

Megan
--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7th May 2003, 17 hours. http://seoras.farr-montgomery.com
DS2: Lachlan Alan, 28th February 2005

Bath frequently for infants and toddlers? P. Tierney General 91 February 20th 05 02:49 PM
Baby Bath Seat for squirmy baby Kim E General 8 January 14th 05 01:28 AM
Birthing pool vs. bath Nan Pregnancy 12 October 30th 04 01:49 AM
Which Baby Bath do you use? (if any) Rob and Laura Breastfeeding 26 September 10th 03 09:07 PM
update baby bath help Marie General 3 July 23rd 03 05:37 AM