article forwarded by a friend - what do you think?

Old September 4th 03, 09:53 AM
Penny Gaines

Default article forwarded by a friend - what do you think?

Nan wrote in :
[snip]
We tend to follow whatever seems popular, also. Budget constraints
don't allow us to automatically buy whatever new editions there are,
but if someone puts in a purchase request for something, the director
will buy it.
We also have some that folks might not agree with, but it's a
library's job to provide whatever folks want to read. We have had
Dobson's books stolen, though.
(I won't get on my soapbox about censorship ;-)

I have told the librarians about a finance book wich gave legal advice
that was applicable under US laws but completely wrong under UK laws:
I thought there ought to have been a warning that this advice was bad
for people in the UK.

I don't believe in censorship, but I did read one library book that I
thoughthad appalling childcare advice, even worse then Ezzo/Dobson.
It was by someone who had written books for adults and had never brought
up any children himself (he had a son on another continent). The advice in
the book can be summarised as "allowing children to show *any* emotion is
bad, and they should be told it is 'piggy' doing it".

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three
Old September 5th 03, 07:09 PM
Stephanie and Tim

SNIP

... as long as you're happy to provide long explanations of exactly what a
weenie is :-)
kylie
--
www.rdj.com.au

I make my DH NUTS by making up words when I cannot think of one to suit.
Sorry.

My friend needs advice Marie General 50 September 9th 03 01:27 AM
CyberNews article: THE NEW PHONICS methodology and its history Tracy Sherwood General 2 September 4th 03 03:39 AM
Food Recalls (x-posted) Ali's Daddie General 0 August 28th 03 06:12 PM
DCF CT monitor finds kids *worsen* while in state custody Kane General 8 August 13th 03 07:43 AM
Article on kids and concerts Bill1255 General 6 July 21st 03 01:16 PM