Lawyer claims child abduction by the state! : Social Services didnot have the authority to take the child into care in the manner in whichthey did.

Old June 11th 07, 08:10 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
fx

Default Lawyer claims child abduction by the state! : Social Services didnot have the authority to take the child into care in the manner in whichthey did.

Lawyer claims child abduction by the state!

By Christine Larbey

http://www.stluciastar.com/NewsHome/...7/Default.aspx

Early last Friday morning before the rest of Castries had got itself
into gear; a thirty-eight-year-old mother of five sat on the maroon and
blue striped couch in the office of lawyer Colin Foster. She was sobbing
uncontrollably. Her similarly distraught husband sat with her. Soon,
other members of her family and even her neighbors came to offer the
woman comfort and support.

This reporter would find out the details behind this upset just before
the woman’s appearance before Family Court Magistrate Christine
Phulchere. The mother told to me about what she described as a horrible
harrowing experience at the hands of the social services department.The
mother explained that the week before a social worker had taken her
seven-year-old daughter out of school and she hadn’t been seen since.
She was desperate to see her daughter.

In April, weeks before the seizure of the child she had received a
telephone call from a neighbor saying that her daughter had been injured
in a fall. She said both her and her husband rushed to Victoria Hospital
where doctors were examining her daughter. “A lady doctor pulled me
aside,” said the mother “and said ‘mummy there is a lot of cases like
this, where children are abused.’ I told her that that could not be
because I had been told she had been brought in for a fall. The doctor
told me that at the back of her mind she thought my daughter had been
abused. But I told her that the neighbor had told me she had fallen.”

“Up to this day I never knew what the surgery was all about They never
told me,” said the distraught mother. “When my daughter came out of
surgery the doctor told me she had been abused. I told her I did not
know my little girl was being abused and had only brought her in for a
fall. The doctor told me that previously to falling she had been
abused, both vaginally and anally.” The mother said her daughter spent
10 days in hospital and within hours of being admitted via casualty a
social worker had turned up.

“We were eating and she walked up and described herself as a social
worker from Social Services. She said she had been called in to
investigate the allegations of abuse. She didn’t say by whom. My
daughter’s father was there at the time and the social worker started
asking questions and getting on. She was very rude. My daughter was
eventually released from hospital. The social worker from day one kept
telling me my daughter would not be going home. Then the social worker
came to my home alone. There was no police officer. She said she had
come to interview my daughters father and myself.

Among other things I showed her the sleeping arrangements in the house.
From the get go this social worker said it was my husband, my daughters
father who had abused her. The police started their investigations and
came up with nothing. Nobody has been arrested for the abuse of my
daughter, but the social worker insisted that it was her father.” The
mother said there were several visits to the Social Service offices.
“When we went there they would take my daughter into another room and
question her. The social worker was constantly harassing me, letting me
know that she alone was in charge. She told me that at any time she
would come and take my daughter.”Sure enough the mother got the call.

“My daughter was at school. The social worker phoned and said that she
would be taking my daughter. I went straight to a lawyer to get advice.
She advised me to take my daughter to a doctor to get a second opinion
and get a report. I did that and that doctor told me that the
authorities did not have a case. I got the doctor’s report and phoned
the police to tell them my findings. Then last Friday I got another call
from the social worker. She said that she was taking my daughter away
that day and I was to prepare a bag for her. I went crazy and didn’t
know what to do. I was scared for my daughter. I had no letter from a
court or social services.

Nothing from the police. The social worker told me she would pick up
the child from school. I immediately left work, picked her up from the
school and took her to the family court. When I got to family court they
told me they were closed. I would have to come back at 1.30pm. I went to
another lawyer. She told me that she was new to the field and couldn’t
help me. I went back to family court. “They rang the social services
department but couldn’t get them. Eventually the social worker arrived
and told me that my daughter would not be going home. Then they took her
away. I went home. For the entire week I did not know where she was
and with whom. The social services told me nothing.”

Meanwhile at 10am the family accompanied by lawyer Colin Foster took
their case before Magistrate Phulchere. This reporter had asked
permission, based on the accountability and transparency assumption to
be present during the normally closed court hearing. After all I had
had the expressed permission of the family. Nonetheless Magistrate
Phulchere responded to my request this way.

“I have seen reports about these cases before and I have not been
happy about them, which is no reflection of you Mrs Larbey. However, I
understand the need to open our courts. Normally this court is closed,
but where the UK legislation is concerned there is a big push to open up
the courts, which I am in fully agreement with, in order to have
transparency. However, with this particular hearing I would say that you
should not be present, but that does not mean you cannot be present for
future hearings.”

Five hours later lawyer Colin Foster emerged with the family from the
courthouse, somewhat a little happier. Foster commented on the outcome
of the hearing: “I argued for visitation rights, which was agreed to,”
he began. “The matter surrounded the State taking into care a child from
their parents on the grounds of a medical report that does not point at
all to the child’s parents in anyway. The child had been taken away
from the care of her family by the State, which I call a complete breach
of childcare procedures. It happened without getting an order of the
court, whether it was by an interim emergency order, or a care order
from the court. Social services acted on a frolic on their own. I call
that child state abduction because of the obvious and glaring breaches
by the social services of taking into care the child without following
the correct procedure.”

The lawyer went on: “During the hearing today it was admitted by all and
the magistrate agreed, ruled and determined that Social Services did not
have the authority to take the child into care in the manner in which
they did. On Monday the magistrate will decide whether the child will
stay with what they call a fit person. Yes, there is a damaging medical
report but it does not implicate my client in any way. It is normal
practice to refer the matter to the police and the police have
thoroughly investigated the matter and no arrests have been made. What
is also interesting is that Social Services has not even followed the
natural course of events to find out from the police what are the
results of their investigations.

According to the Social Services they do not need to do that. I would
not consider that not to be proper practice because all agencies should
be working in harmony with each other.” The lawyer said the Magistrate
had agreed that mother and daughter should be reunited for at least a
few hours over that weekend. However, that did not happen. Up till
yesterday Social Services had failed to carry out the magistrate’s
order. Meanwhile Magistrate Phulchere is yet to deliver her conclusion.

CURRENTLY CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES VIOLATES MORE CIVIL RIGHTS ON A
DAILY BASIS THEN ALL OTHER AGENCIES COMBINED INCLUDING THE NATIONAL
SECURITY AGENCY/CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY WIRETAPPING PROGRAM....

CPS Does not protect children...
It is sickening how many children are subject to abuse, neglect and even
killed at the hands of Child Protective Services.

every parent should read this .pdf from
connecticut dcf watch...

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com/8x11.pdf

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com

Number of Cases per 100,000 children in the US
These numbers come from The National Center on
Child Abuse and Neglect in Washington. (NCCAN)
Recent numbers have increased significantly for CPS

*Perpetrators of Maltreatment*

Physical Abuse CPS 160, Parents 59
Sexual Abuse CPS 112, Parents 13
Neglect CPS 410, Parents 241
Medical Neglect CPS 14 Parents 12
Fatalities CPS 6.4, Parents 1.5

Imagine that, 6.4 children die at the hands of the very agencies that
are supposed to protect them and only 1.5 at the hands of parents per
100,000 children. CPS perpetrates more abuse, neglect, and sexual abuse
and kills more children then parents in the United States. If the
citizens of this country hold CPS to the same standards that they hold
parents too. No judge should ever put another child in the hands of ANY
government agency because CPS nationwide is guilty of more harm and
death than any human being combined. CPS nationwide is guilty of more
human rights violations and deaths of children then the homes from which
they were removed. When are the judges going to wake up and see that
they are sending children to their death and a life of abuse when
children are removed from safe homes based on the mere opinion of a
bunch of social workers.

BE SURE TO FIND OUT WHERE YOUR CANDIDATES STANDS ON THE ISSUE OF
REFORMING OR ABOLISHING CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES ("MAKE YOUR CANDIDATES
TAKE A STAND ON THIS ISSUE.") THEN REMEMBER TO VOTE ACCORDINGLY IF THEY
ARE "FAMILY UNFRIENDLY" IN THE NEXT ELECTION...