Child abuse or poor judgement? Kids wanted to ride in trunk

Old July 23rd 03, 06:37 PM

Default Child abuse or poor judgement? Kids wanted to ride in trunk

Fern5827 wrote:

Parents felt it would be ok.

I thought it odd that the article stated the father agreed since they
weren't going very far, but they were arrested 20 MILES from where the
kids got in the trunk. IMO, more than a block would be too far, but
then again, I would never drive would my kids in the trunk.
Old July 24th 03, 03:37 PM
K, T, E & N

#1. Intelligence is not a pre-requisite to being parents.

#2. Somebody has to be the parent.

****If**** the parents put the kids in the trunk especially *****in*****
the Summertime - I'd call it attempted homicide. How many times have kids
been baked alive because someone left them inside a vehicle. Even if the
kids asked to be put in the trunk, the parents went along with it - assisted
suicide? - torture? - child abuse?

The child abuse charges will stick depending on the particular wording of
that state's laws. And if it's discretionary to the judge, then their view
of it.

Kim

Old July 24th 03, 08:12 PM
blacksalt

"K, T, E & N" wrote:

The child abuse charges will stick depending on the particular wording of
that state's laws. And if it's discretionary to the judge, then their view
of it.

Kim

If *all else* is good in the child's upbringing, mom or dad being jailed
or having to shell out big fines will be harder on the child than the
adults.
Old August 1st 03, 07:17 PM
Cathy Weeks

(Fern5827) wrote in message ...
Parents felt it would be ok.

Both parents stable

We know this how?

and employed. For this lapse, they received 150K bail, and
no rights to see their 12yo son, unless SUPERVISED.

Well, actually, a judge reduced their bail into the affordable range,
and they were released.

Even the other child's parent is stunned with the severity of charges lodged
against this model couple.

Vote and view video of situation on ABC news site below.

And folks are unaware with the reach of CPS and its unaccountable, unsupervised
bureaucracy:?

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/U..._in_trunk.html

Hmmm... my father killed my dog by letting the dog ride in the trunk
of his car. He (the dog) smothered to death on my 19th birthday. It
was a terrible experience for all involved, and Dad felt awful.
Though I love my father, I've never fogotten the stupidity on his part
that allowed my dog to die.

Now, if a trunk could kill a 75-pound dog due to lack of oxygen (or
was it CO poisoning? We always assumed the former), I'm sure it could
do the same to two boys whose combined weight was more than double -
perhaps as much as triple that of my dog.

That combined with it being summer, and not much ventilation to
prevent the trunk from turning into an oven, and zero protection to
the occupants in the event of any sort of car accident (rear-ended
would be catastrophic, but any sort of accident at all could be
serious), this isn't merely "stupid" but unbelievably so.

Now, you seem to feel that merely being stupid isn't a good reason to
take kids away from their parents, and in general, I agree, but is
there ever a point at which someone's behavior becomes SO stupid, that
leaving the children with the parent is a worse option? I think there
is.

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01
Old August 3rd 03, 04:02 PM
Kane

(Cathy Weeks) wrote in message . com...
(Fern5827) wrote in message ...
[...]

Cathy, you are surely in for it now. Never underestimate the tenacity
of the terminally stupid.

The only thing that shuts them up is when it happens to them. As long
as other people are the ones that get hurt from the risks these twits
insist is nothing at all to worry about they are happy to sit their in
there full Depends smiling at the world and babbling inanely.

So we have to patiently wait until Mother Nature, or the Universe,
checks them out of the genepool. Sadly they do procreate in the short
time they usually survive.

I estimate about another 500,000 years and the stock will be improved,
but then there's the innocent bystanders, isn't there?

Maybe we shouldn't be so patient and organize some kind of system of
control....oh wait, that's their gripe here isn't it.......we have and
they don't like it. r r r r

Best wishes Cathy,

Kane

Other crt rules child abuse investigation unconstitutional Doug General 8 August 15th 03 03:04 PM
'Horrible' Home Kane General 1 July 16th 03 02:29 AM
| Database should audit high $$ in Foster Care system Kane General 3 July 15th 03 06:43 AM
(New Mexico) PARENTS SUE EX-SOCIAL WOKER [email protected] General 0 July 4th 03 06:25 AM