Dr. Phil

Old October 12th 05, 10:25 AM
Anne Rogers

Default Dr. Phil

Mothers who don't feel comfortable NIP are doing a great job too. It
should be down to individual choice.

though I have still not figured out how it is possible not to NIP, I lead a
fairly quiet life and have a fairly predictable baby, so probably only NIP
once or twice a week now she is 4 months, but with a newborn it was much
more frequently and with my physical health right now, I only go out on
essential trips, or ones when I am accompanied. Despite the predictablility
I still ended up tandem nursing in a car park last week, which was quite a
surprise as I thought I only had one nursling!

Anne

Old October 13th 05, 12:23 AM
Mum of Two

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
Mothers who don't feel comfortable NIP are doing a great job too. It
should be down to individual choice.

though I have still not figured out how it is possible not to NIP, I lead
a fairly quiet life and have a fairly predictable baby, so probably only
NIP once or twice a week now she is 4 months, but with a newborn it was
much more frequently and with my physical health right now, I only go out
on essential trips, or ones when I am accompanied.

I should have said I guess, mothers who prefer to go to their cars or use
blankets etc rather than nurse openly but discreetly. I don't know how it's
possible to _not_ NIP either.

Despite the predictablility
I still ended up tandem nursing in a car park last week, which was quite a
surprise as I thought I only had one nursling!

LOL!

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old October 13th 05, 10:40 AM

Mum of Two wrote:
"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
Mothers who don't feel comfortable NIP are doing a great job too. It
should be down to individual choice.

though I have still not figured out how it is possible not to NIP, I lead
a fairly quiet life and have a fairly predictable baby, so probably only
NIP once or twice a week now she is 4 months, but with a newborn it was
much more frequently and with my physical health right now, I only go out
on essential trips, or ones when I am accompanied.

I should have said I guess, mothers who prefer to go to their cars or use
blankets etc rather than nurse openly but discreetly. I don't know how it's
possible to _not_ NIP either.

Despite the predictablility
I still ended up tandem nursing in a car park last week, which was quite a
surprise as I thought I only had one nursling!

LOL!

In the city where I live there are 2 mian shopping areas, the main town
and a shopping centre. Both have at least 1 department store that
provides parent rooms with changing and feeding facilities, so I've
only have had to nip once (again, unexpected, in a supermarket car
park!). Personally I am not bothered about the exposure aspect of it
(though discretely of course), but I can relax more if I feel I'm not
being stared at. And certainly when I was pretty crap at feeding in the
early weeks I welcomed the opportunity to do it in private. But that
was more the worry that more experienced mums would look and me and
think 'what the heck is she doing to that poor kid!. Silly, but true.

Jeni

Old October 13th 05, 05:24 PM
Anne Rogers

In the city where I live there are 2 mian shopping areas, the main town
and a shopping centre. Both have at least 1 department store that
provides parent rooms with changing and feeding facilities, so I've
only have had to nip once (again, unexpected, in a supermarket car
park!). Personally I am not bothered about the exposure aspect of it
(though discretely of course), but I can relax more if I feel I'm not
being stared at. And certainly when I was pretty crap at feeding in the
early weeks I welcomed the opportunity to do it in private. But that
was more the worry that more experienced mums would look and me and
think 'what the heck is she doing to that poor kid!. Silly, but true.

how many children do you have? Our city is similar, but it can still be
quite a way to get to the room, if you are at the opposite end of the
shopping centre, when Ada decided she needs to eat, she sometimes will give
no warning and then when she wants it she will SCREAM, I've very likely got
a toddler with me and no pushchair, it could easily take 10 minutes to get
us all to a feeding room, I am far more likely just to do it precisely
there, wherever that happens to be. With my first I once fed him in the most
open place possible and with the particular clothes I was wearing and
carrier I was using I was not discreet, my solution was just to close my
eyes, so I didn't know what looks I was getting!

Anne

Old October 14th 05, 10:48 AM

Anne Rogers wrote:
In the city where I live there are 2 mian shopping areas, the main town
and a shopping centre. Both have at least 1 department store that
provides parent rooms with changing and feeding facilities, so I've
only have had to nip once (again, unexpected, in a supermarket car
park!). Personally I am not bothered about the exposure aspect of it
(though discretely of course), but I can relax more if I feel I'm not
being stared at. And certainly when I was pretty crap at feeding in the
early weeks I welcomed the opportunity to do it in private. But that
was more the worry that more experienced mums would look and me and
think 'what the heck is she doing to that poor kid!. Silly, but true.

how many children do you have?

Just the one. Sometimes I think he is his most content when we go
shopping as he gets to look at the trees on the way and then the lights
in the shopping centre. Not so good for waking him up on the mini-high
street we live off though.

Our city is similar, but it can still be
quite a way to get to the room, if you are at the opposite end of the
shopping centre, when Ada decided she needs to eat, she sometimes will give
no warning and then when she wants it she will SCREAM, I've very likely got
a toddler with me and no pushchair, it could easily take 10 minutes to get
us all to a feeding room, I am far more likely just to do it precisely
there, wherever that happens to be.

I can see how that would be sensible. ds starts to wibble a bit when
he's hungry so I know in plenty of time.

With my first I once fed him in the most
open place possible and with the particular clothes I was wearing and
carrier I was using I was not discreet, my solution was just to close my
eyes, so I didn't know what looks I was getting!

. I did see a woman bf on the steps to a piece of grass on a nearby
street just off the shopping centre right opposite a primary school.
It's weird because I felt like going up to her and saying 'good for
you' but I think she would have thought I was slightly odd. It's
funny how having a baby makes you look and feel things so differently.

Jeni